post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Two teeny tiny terabytes in SSD form. No more maxing out my Chromebooks hard drive every time I'm playing with video or photo editing.

ABLVV84WPk4su2PcUasrCJcxjueCf5Le9OfTtaRwSYhC1JpbTs5h2R8HVM0z0PULreB-M8LAvmytCF0wTJdudF6a1-aI8VwiD6KP4AB5A3uNsoVUkdJ-ckCpn0TRJ5UHjeYDQG7QrMIENEmW47UlEukmtwewaw=w883-no-gm

I just bought this.

$3 at Lowes.

attachment.php

Pretty f'n great, right?

You're darn tootin'!

This is what I use it for:

attachment.php

For some reason, I think its the height of the bike, or something, the California gas nozzles have been a spectacular pain in the neck for me.

I have to hold the shroud back, keep a firm grip on the nozzle, and feather the lever with the 50lb spring with my finger so I don't just hose the entire bike down with gasoline. All this while NOT QUITE standing on my toes. In theory I don't need to do that, but, I just do. And, boy is it uncomfortable! :thumbup Especially when the tank is empty! Kudos to you GSA owners and your 7 gallon tanks! Live the dream, y'all!

I mean, we all have this problem here in CA., it's not new. But now, with me now (maybe it's all grip strength), or, like I said, the height of the bike, fueling is an extra pain in the butt.

So, I remember someone, years (decades) ago, made or tried to sell an aluminum block with a screw to solve this problem. Naturally it was met with derision from the cognoscenti. I don't think it went anywhere.

I was thinking "I know, I can get a block of wood, drill a big hole in it, get one of those hammered in nuts things and a bolt from the hardware store." or "Hey, you know with all this 3D printing stuff, I could probably work something up and uses a bolt and nut, or whatever". Mind, I don't have a 3D printer. Mind, I can't 3D model with clay in my hand. Oh, I'm not a machinist either. My woodworking skills peak at getting the ice cream off the stick. So, I just let it simmer.

Then the "aha" hit me. "I bet I could just get a C clamp".

So I did. It's a 1" clamp. I was afraid the nozzle might be too big, and the 2" look far too big, but "$3, What the heck.".

And it works, it's freakin perfect. It is MUCH easier to fuel using this little gizmo. It was simple to put on, it's JUST the right size (sample size of one pump, mind).

Now I can relax the one hand yet have a better hold on the nozzle and manage the lever with a better grip. It seems to hold back the shroud perfectly.

"That's good! One less thing!" - F. Gump

$3 well spent.

Attachments

• IMG_4267.jpeg
    IMG_4267.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_4268.jpeg
    IMG_4268.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 265
I had to be stylish with my new Central Coast of California, Chapeau.
All those raindrops make flowers, this will keep down the soggy noggin syndrome,
SNS, be aware, stay dry, , ,

Attachments

• IMG_5738.jpg
    IMG_5738.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 10
n+1

Attachments

• IMG_3790.jpeg
    IMG_3790.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 22
This thread should be pruned as it is taking a long time to load.

The "what are you thinking of lately" thread in the KS won't even load for me it has so many pages.

New car

Attachments

• 423693228_10161319856217436_527444553039488548_n.jpg
    423693228_10161319856217436_527444553039488548_n.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 25
I just bought this.

$3 at Lowes.

attachment.php

I bought a few of these years ago to keep with each bike: $5 from Aerostich. No screws, no sparks - Just a really thick credit card

npwoHNrm.jpg
gxR4Qcfm.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a few of these years ago to keep with each bike: $5 from Aerostich. No screws, no sparks - Just a really thick credit card

npwoHNrm.jpg
gxR4Qcfm.jpg

Oh that's nice, yea that would be better. Didn't see it on their current site, but that's probably easier to use.

Probably the least excited I’ve ever been to take home a new car. Turned my 2021 lease in a few months early and got into this 2023. So other than the new car smell, there’s honestly nothing different from the last car. Plus I’m not really a white car kinda guy, but it was the only one left, I got a screamin deal, and it does have a bit of a Stormtrooper thing going on. This is my fourth TLX in 9 years now.

Attachments

• IMG_8068.jpeg
    IMG_8068.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
As a daily driver those are pretty nice and you know you’re not gonna have any hassle.
Doesn’t have that slow as a snail infotainment system though does it?

Back