post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

As a daily driver those are pretty nice and you know you’re not gonna have any hassle.
Doesn’t have that slow as a snail infotainment system though does it?

I opened the hood (oil changes) all of two times in three years on the last one, so yeah reliability is the name of the game for a DD.

And yes the infotainment sucks. Slow boot up, slow response, low res screen, and an infuriating touchpad to interact with it. The previous gen TLX (which I had two of) had the twin screen setup where the lower screen was touch. I still use that from time to time when I drive my mom’s 2018 RDX around, and I think I prefer it to the “new” system.

The BMW 330e I allllmost bought instead last week with its giant curved screen and iDrive 8 absolutely blows the trash Acura system out of the water. Almost everything about that Bimmer is better except one thing. It had the base audio system. Absolutely trash compared to the Acura. The modern Acuras with the ELS Studio systems are surprising good and are some of the best in the sub-$100k realm of vehicles.

album.php

As part of our remodel, and as we have solar, went with a 40 gallon heat pump electric water heater to replace our 50 gallon gas water heater.

There's only two of us so 40 gallons should be plenty and we aren't selling the house so my daughter and husband will eventually live here and they have no kids.

Gas is still the "cheapest" to run of course, unless you have solar, but this thing uses negligible electricity, especially compared to a "normal" electric water heater.

Late night power use when we are in bed using the hour by hour usage available on the solar app via Sunpower shows no increase in power use oddly enough. But maybe it just wasn't "on" in the middle of the night.

Rebates from Sonoma Clean Power and a 30 percent fed tax credit made it a no brainer at $500 but did need to run a 220 volt line to it.

Attachments

• Heat Pump Water Heater.jpg
    Heat Pump Water Heater.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 20
<<<————————ain’t no Acura badge over there

How about an 800hp American widowmaker?

Hmmm....we just might need to do a nice Saturday/ Sunday run on 16 or 121 this summer. 16's better and I think I can rustle up something with some steeds to make it fun for us.

Baby has new shoes. :)

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S's
Front - 255/35/R18
Rear - 275/35/R18

Attachments

• New Shoes.jpg
    New Shoes.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Lovely guitar!

Mundane, but the LG Washtower for our new indoor laundry instead of two separate units in the hot or cold garage is excellent.

Actually both units are larger in capacity of the old.

Much faster washing and drying which we did not anticipate.

Downside of course is if one of the two integrated units fails early.

10 year factory warranty on the motors so that is good.

New modern design barn door that will slide to cover the laundry area goes in tomorrow.

Attachments

• Wasthower.jpg
    Wasthower.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 11
Mundane, but the LG Washtower for our new indoor laundry instead of two separate units in the hot or cold garage is excellent.

Excellent units. I put one in my house and liked it so much, I ordered more for other residential properties. I really like them in use so far.

Ohhh! That color and finish! :love

+100. Thing's a Beaut Jason! I love the color scheme.

Ohhh! That color and finish! :love

+100. Thing's a Beaut Jason! I love the color scheme.

Yeah flame tops aren't something Fender does often in my experience. That's more of a Gibson/Epiphone thing. So when I wandered into Guitar Center Saturday morning NOT intending to buy a guitar, I walked out with a much smaller checking account balance. I can't resist a blue flame top, and on a Fender no less! :laughing

I mean, there's only one person who could make you take it back and that hasn't happened so....solid choice. It is Neat!

Back