• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Took the dogs to the beach in the RV, W made me a sandwich and we drank a beer. I now have a sleeping dog on my foot.

i rode out to eureka. my buddy who is borrowing my blue dr650 for his cross county trip left today. he loves the bike. fuck yeah.

Define "slow"? I'm 225 pounds and my Monkey (giggity) will get up to 60 MPH assuming it's a level grade without much of a headwind. I can cruise at 45-50 MPH easily all day long. Given that I'm a fatass, someone lighter than me will have it even easier. Is it a rocket off the line? Of course not. But literally no one seems to care since they're always smiling and giving me :thumbup when they're behind me or passing me. They're so rare out in these parts that it is literally a conversation starter anywhere I stop.

Slow in this regard doesn’t need to be defined. By comparison a 125 would be slower than just about every other street legal motorcycle. If you live in an area with no hills no headwind and 60mph is all you’ll ever need than you might be content with a 125 but it’s probably maxed out at that 60. Riding with an engine maxed would likely get old fast.
Fun bike sure for a scoot to the coffee shop but it’s isn’t much more than a toy.

I've also commuted on my Monkey for extended periods of time so call it a toy, but it's still a legitimate form of transportation when needed. :ride

Mid-mornin'. Had a HOA meeting at 10, now I'm sipping coffee before I get ready for my physical therapy follow up appointment. Thankfully, despite falling off the wagon as far as the exercises go, my Achilles seems to be mostly happy with life again.

Happy with life, now there’s a concept for ya.

I’m thinking if I can clear out all my old unused bike we should be able to get 1 CT125 and 1 TW200

Happy with life, now there’s a concept for ya.

as with everything with me, that's a foreign concept.

Slow and low

That is the tempo.

-

I've always thought the TW looks like fun.

oh now I recall that was the fatty-tirey. Yeah looks fun on a pic

---

p.s. I actually saw a police Harley "cut-off" a white toyota tacoma at a light... then took off (after lane splitting) relatively not-springy. Had it been a "regular" motorcyclist, that Taco would have certainly baked some chase to give to the "hypocritical motorcyclist that just went in front of him and was slowing him down!!!!" spiel :laughing

Last edited:
I've seen some pretty bad examples of splitting from moto-cops here and there, probably outliers but still, makes ya go :wtf

As was pointed out in another thread recently, a lot of the motors have never ridden a motorcycle in their life before becoming a motor. They don't have that breadth of experience that has taught what the bad moves are when lane-sharing/filtering.

I've seen some pretty bad examples of splitting from moto-cops here and there, probably outliers but still, makes ya go :wtf

nah, this guy wasn't that bad , just had the air of "I'm hanging in my place and taking my time" ... going in front of a truck and taking a sweet split second to take off is literally what many threads in General were started with. "OMG why is this driver behind me honking"

--
anyway I could try to get and post a video but it's going to be... slow. :laughing (lame)

There was a toll taker at the Benicia bridge that was slow on purpose. He didn't take enough time to warrant an official complaint, but he was slow enough that I groused about him on the job site fairly often.
My neighbor was in the same trade but at a different site and he'd laugh and talk shit about how could a couple extra seconds bother me that much...until he had to work at Santa Rosa and go across the bridge and then he was like HOLY FUCK THAT GUY IS SLOW ON PURPOSE WHAT AN ASSHOLE :laughing
Told ya.

I had the misfortune to go inside the Rohnert Park Walmart the other day rather than having them bring out an online purchase to my car; figured it would be faster.

Wrong.

After waiting 15 minutes in one line I was told I was in the wrong line and had to go further into the store.

Other than the first checker the rest of the employees were about as sullen/miserable as if they were all in purgatory.

Which I guess they were.

Never again.

Back