• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Physical therapy went well, gave me some new exercises to do. On the way home I noticed the KTM smelled a little like gas. Got home, nothing leaking but hmm, the oil level seems kinda high... took the filler cap off and out bubbled gassy oil. Blarg. Thankfully the ride to and from Kaiser was only a few miles and I wasn't flogging things. Not sure I'm feeling up to tackling carbs on a twin myself but it was supposed to be the ride for Taft, so, one way or another, it needs to be fixed soon.

I had the misfortune to go inside the Rohnert Park Walmart the other day ....
After waiting 15 minutes in one line I was told I was in the wrong line and had to go further into the store.

Other than the first checker the rest of the employees were about as sullen/miserable as if they were all in purgatory.

Which I guess they were.

Never again.

I mean... but why shop at walmart, at all. Why support the big corporation stealing urban soul by setting up shop just outside of city/county line but still using their resources...

Not kidding here. My biggest interaction with walmart was when someone stole my CC and purchased items online from there...

So is a skateboard. :laughing

exactly
"micromobility" is pretty useful sometimes. I personally wish I had an electric bike or a tiny electric scoot to fold in the trunk of my car

/// I noticed the KTM smelled a little like gas. Got home, nothing leaking but hmm, the oil level seems kinda high... took the filler cap off and out bubbled gassy oil. Blarg. ..

wow at least you have a wealth of knowledge and knew what's up

--

nothing new here except I saw TWO MORE moto-cops, this time in formation on DRs, when I went out, ... wow that's more than I've seen last week, and if last week's combined, that's more I've seen in the last 5 years...

Last edited:
So is a skateboard. :laughing

cool-john-oliver.gif

I kept a change of clothes and a skateboard in the trunk of my cars for years.

Morning. Not having a skateboard in the trunk of my car, also quite having passed that age, I had to whip out my legs and go on a walk this morning...

- once again, posted from the barf mobile posting app

I mean... but why shop at walmart, at all. Why support the big corporation stealing urban soul by setting up shop just outside of city/county line but still using their resources...

Not kidding here. My biggest interaction with walmart was when someone stole my CC and purchased items online from there...

Because they had what I wanted and the price/quality was good?

If I do order from them again, not going inside is what I learned.

New rotors all around from my 1994 Miata with 200k on the clock today.

Woo hoo.

My. Nancy bike has been sold. End of an era.

NGL, the delay in opening this thread is getting to me.

--

it's even worse for the "random political thoughts" thread.

Because they had what I wanted and the price/quality was good?

If I do order from them again, not going inside is what I learned.

hee hee if you complained so much about the store I thought the quality is not good...

New rotors all around from my 1994 Miata with 200k on the clock today.

Woo hoo.

made some yogurt today. still stewing.

recently bought "brand" "region" fame yogurt from WF when I was on a trip/hotel. Really wanted to try it... but it was meh. Runny, "european style". (Hmmm but not all european yogurts are like that. :rolleyes)

I knew my yogurt was good but surprised it was that much better. Mine is dense, sour-ish and yeasty.

eh.

NGL, the delay in opening this thread is getting to me.

--

it's even worse for the "random political thoughts" thread.

hee hee if you complained so much about the store I thought the quality is not good...

made some yogurt today. still stewing.

recently bought "brand" "region" fame yogurt from WF when I was on a trip/hotel. Really wanted to try it... but it was meh. Runny, "european style". (Hmmm but not all european yogurts are like that. :rolleyes)

I knew my yogurt was good but surprised it was that much better. Mine is dense, sour-ish and yeasty.

eh.

homemade yogurt. mmmm.

Four fighter jets just flew by at low altitude, loud as shit and effing awesome.

My kid is in school at Humboldt. Campus was locked down last night due to protests. He got off campus to stay with his partner, so has escaped most of the drama.

My neighbor and his daughter just got back from orientation at Humboldt. I think she went to jr college up here and is transferring as a jr. We're a little remote, so I think she's pumped to gtfooh.

Got a short hike in yesterday, happened to coincide with earth day but wasn't planned that way.

wow at least you have a wealth of knowledge and knew what's up

Yeah, timing is poor though as I was planning to use that bike for Taft. I could probably do the work, but, could I do it in time for Taft, maybe? I've considered doing it, but I just contacted Lucy for an appointment instead.

Just got canceled on our homeowner's by State farm due to our zip code despite no claims at all in 40 years on our home...and no damage from the 2017 Tubbs fire.

The fact that we have an umbrella and insurance on three other homes in the "right' zip codes we got canceled anyway.

Autos/moto as well of course.

Wow, "like a good neighbor" indeed.

They gave us a year though so we have even more time to find no insurance.

Back