• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

I do think that California is waaaayyyy better at fighting fires than we used to be and, because of our experiences, the feeling we have is permanently locked in at peak paranoia, but reality is that the risk is greatly reduced.

Where our place is, the terrain is steep and heavily wooded. If a crowning fire ever got going there, the fire crews have been clear that they would protect life and then bug out. The idea of defensible space is mostly psychological protection as far as I can tell. If there were a small fire on the ground it might make a difference, but beyond that, nobody will be saving structures.

thread's a little slow, let's squeeze some joioce out of it?!?

homemade yogurt. mmmm.

friend made a video of my yogurt, says we should start a youtube inflouencer channel. What do we think of this amazing content?!?!

[YOUTUBE]lnr1J2vprsw[/YOUTUBE]

:dunno yummmmmm

Last edited:
Where our place is, the terrain is steep and heavily wooded. If a crowning fire ever got going there, the fire crews have been clear that they would protect life and then bug out. The idea of defensible space is mostly psychological protection as far as I can tell. If there were a small fire on the ground it might make a difference, but beyond that, nobody will be saving structures.

Some places aren't well suited to protect, like remote cabins buried in 150ft cedars, but I don't think many of our big fires in the last twenty years would happen again with similar severity. They go all in at the initial stage like never before.

I super ate shit this morning. Walking on a log over a 4-5ft dip and the fkn thing rolled so I had to jump off and then fell in a bunch of other logs and branches. I went face first into a log but was able to get my hands out, so no face wounds, but it bent my neck back all funky. Think I'll be living on motrin for the next few days.

7eE1bHG.jpeg

That's terrible. Watch for infection, I guess, right? So, Neosporin on some of the scars...?

-

I stepped into a hardware store in SF and they served wine. : | :rofl
"Neighborhood " store had a happy hour:laughing :thumbup

Last edited:
Yeeesh, damn. Last time my arm looked like that I'd had quite the crash on a mountain bike. I fact, when I used to mountain bike frequently (back in Colorado when I was also younger and dumber) my arms would look like that at least every other year. Well, maybe not that bad, the elbow looks nasty.

Got a short but good bicycle ride / breakfast thing in today. Now just lazing on the couch, I should look at my resume again and finish that off now that I'm back and whatnot.

Oh yeah mtb spills suck. I'll take a fall off my dirt bike over an mtb any day. At least with a dirt bike you're wearing the full gear, but mtb is usually just helmet and gloves.

Oh yeah mtb spills suck. I'll take a fall off my dirt bike over an mtb any day. At least with a dirt bike you're wearing the full gear, but mtb is usually just helmet and gloves.

The elbow does look nasty. Glad it wasn't worse and hope your neck didn't take any damage.

Take up something safe like riding motorcycles.

Yeah I need to do more of that, or just have more fun in general. It's been great exercise though. Been hitting yard word hard for about a month and the workout has been great, especially after a sluggish winter.

Byke, heal up and feel better, my friend.

Also, I picked up and held a raccoon the other day.

(I already told G about this) but it was pretty much the best thing that happened to me in the past week.

Yeah I need to do more of that, or just have more fun in general. It's been great exercise though. Been hitting yard word hard for about a month and the workout has been great, especially after a sluggish winter.

Any big trees need to come down? :teeth

GM, speaking of ladies and Next door,
Right now on the hunt for which old geezer throws their dog poop in my garbage bin.

The next door neighbors’ wife says they got one on video and it’s the old geezer who lives up the block, who sounds European of some sort

Back