Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

gave in and broke out the portable AC unit for the bedroom.
House got up to 81 yesterday and only got down to 75 overnight.

And handling wood and pipe, oh and pumps, so much pumping, and that pumping is measured in cfm, which of course stands for cubic feet of men.

I don't believe that is a legitimate legal defense...

Neither was "If the glove doesn't fit you must acquit" but that one worked!

so what powers the pipe organ? found out the one in the church behind my house is powered by electric pumps.

I'm in the Santa Cruzes and everyone is sitting in their cars with the engine on and checking stuff on the phone or talking to partners:laughing

Street parking , garage parking, was full of those drivers

so what powers the pipe organ? found out the one in the church behind my house is powered by electric pumps.
These days, it’s nearly always winded by an electric blower. Pre-electricity, they were powered by human powered bellows or by systems that used water displacement to move air.

Some tracker organs, where all of the actions are mechanical, don’t have anything else electrical in them besides the blower. Others use electromagnets to trigger pneumatic valves and solenoids to mechanically activate or deactivate stops. Modern systems tend to use digital control planes in the console to send a signal to other control planes in the organ chamber, allowing the console to be placed anywhere and to have hundreds or even thousands of memory locations to store the combinations of stops an organist might want to use. Cabling between these consoles and the rest of the organ is vastly simpler than it used to be.

These days, it’s nearly always winded by an electric blower. Pre-electricity, they were powered by human powered bellows or by systems that used water displacement to move air.

Some tracker organs, where all of the actions are mechanical, don’t have anything else electrical in them besides the blower. Others use electromagnets to trigger pneumatic valves and solenoids to mechanically activate or deactivate stops. Modern systems tend to use digital control planes in the console to send a signal to other control planes in the organ chamber, allowing the console to be placed anywhere and to have hundreds or even thousands of memory locations to store the combinations of stops an organist might want to use. Cabling between these consoles and the rest of the organ is vastly simpler than it used to be.
Thanks for the info. The console, if that's the thing has all the keys and pedals, was in different locations the times I heard. I didn't notice any cabling going to it so I thought it might be some kind of wireless connection it was using. This is at the Unitarian church in Kensington.

Back