• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Took a walk this morning. Saw a snek.
IMG_4429.jpeg

Is that a snekatler?!
-

Considering I'm in the city
Took a walk this morning
So a Jaguar E-Type two door being washed at a busy garage in an apartment building on a busy intersection:wow :wtf

What's with the meaning and existence of "Cotati" and why does it have a historical town square?

And why does it have an accordion festival?
The fact that there's a bar smack right at the "historical" downtown square and that everything is small, like in a village, like 5 sqft small, cracked me up.

-

Also is this Honda anyone we know? They rode okay, smoothly....was just interesting b/c I was near them for a while. Think they went to Lucas Valley Road.

Attachments

• 20240728_153707.jpg
    20240728_153707.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
thanks for identifying it.

i have encountered rattle snakes a few times out walking. i like things that eat rats and squirrels and such.
Ha, ha.... "Nerdy stuff" - Rattlers have “pits”, extra holes on nose below and back from the nostrils. If you zoom in on Andy's pic you can see the "pit" on the left side of the head. Rattlers also have vertical, elliptical shaped pupils. Their heads have more of a arrowhead shape and the “eyebrows” are thicker and arch up more. Also, tip of nose is turned up a bit. The number of "rattles" doesn't indicate age. A new button appears each time it sheds it's skin, oldest button(s) wear down and/or break off. Rattlers are typically thicker bodied and have dull scale coloring where as the gopher snake with similar patterning will be thinner bodied, shinier scales, round head, no pits on the nose, have round pupils and no tail button(s). Oh, and not poisonous but will still bite if ya piss 'em off and you have slow reflexes. :laughing

As a kid had friends that lived down on the "flats" when you head up Mines Rd. We'd spend hours upon hours exploring the creek bed looking for rattlers, king and gopher snakes, turtles, frogs, etc... good times!

Last edited:
Ha, ha.... "Nerdy stuff" - Rattlers have “pits”, extra holes on nose below and back from the nostrils. If you zoom in on Andy's pic you can see the "pit" on the left side of the head. Rattlers also have vertical, elliptical shaped pupils. Their heads have more of a arrowhead shape and the “eyebrows” are thicker and arch up more. Also, tip of nose is turned up a bit. The number of "rattles" doesn't indicate age. A new button appears each time it sheds it's skin, oldest button(s) wear down and/or break off. Rattlers are typically thicker bodied and have dull scale coloring where as the gopher snake with similar patterning will be thinner bodied, shinier scales, round head, no pits on the nose, have round pupils and no tail button(s). Oh, and not poisonous but will still bite if ya piss 'em off and you have slow reflexes. :laughing

As a kid had friends that lived down on the "flats" when you head up Mines Rd. We'd spend hours upon hours exploring the creek bed looking for rattlers, king and gopher snakes, turtles, frogs, etc... good times!
See? You are a nerd. I like it. I could tell it was a rattler based on the head shape but didn't know all those other cool tidbits. When I used to lurk on Reddit the snek forum was one of my favorite spots to lurk. There were some very knowledgeable people on there from all over the world posting pictures.

Sounds like everyone had a great outdoorsy day.

See? You are a nerd. I like it. I could tell it was a rattler based on the head shape but didn't know all those other cool tidbits. When I used to lurk on Reddit the snek forum was one of my favorite spots to lurk. There were some very knowledgeable people on there from all over the world posting pictures.

Errrrrrrrr... is this "nerdy stuff"? Couple of years ago I read a book called "Hanok - The Korean House". It's a book about Korean architecture and each of the 12 houses had a name that reflected each Hanok's own, unique atmosphere. One in particular struck a cord and I made a concrete stepping stone with this name as a reminder.
House of Continuous Learning.jpeg

It translates to: House of Continuous Learning
And with respect to more possible nerdiness ... :laughing a thread over here from LB with a clip from the movie "No Hard Feelings".
DAMN IT!!! Is it too late to nerd out and learn the piano and play Maneater?! :rofl
https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/threads/good-ass-cover-songs.552717/page-28

:wave
Howdy Tux et. al.
Hope everyone has a tolerable Monday! I rode the moto to work without checking the weather report. It is now VERY dark and cloudy out. Poor little bike. I should toss the cover in a side case for days like this.

Worst thing about a wet bike is the wet seat and subsequent insta-swampbutt.

Sailed the first races of the series with my dad yesterday. We were certainly a little rusty and the squirrely wind wasn't helping, but the weather was nice and the wind was generally on the heavy side so that was far superior to floating. Today I'm working one of the buoy boats for the big boy races. I believe we are allowed to bring beer on the boat so basically I'm just watching sailing happen and occasionally moving buoys.

Back