• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Couple of months ago the gf scraped the neighbours minivan when trying to squeeze past it with my car. Scratching their bumper and my back door, then blaming me saying it was my fault because I had the wheels turned when I parked it, which I didn’t.
I was seriously regretting some life choices at that point.
is?

Lol Love ya
🫵

I thought it was just my cat
NKN_1718.jpeg

Soo... I'm confused what's going on with my living situation right now. Tomorrow is supposed to be the start of a new lease.

The landlord He came by the house a few weeks ago to check it out like he usually does once a year around this time.

Confirmed I'm staying so is the kid. My friend told him he's moving out about 3-4 months ago. Well ahead of the lease requirement. Landlord also said he'd be sending by prospective tenants to take over my friend's room. Haven't heard anything on that front. Yesterday he did have house cleaners but no one was home so didn't get a chance to talk with him about it. Until we sign a new lease, are we legally squatters? I dunno.

:dunno

Not meaning to paint him in a bad light. I've been here since 2018 and he's always been a great landlord. This is really out of character. Usually we have our new lease signed early/mid July. He doesn't raise rent much each year. Less than other properties in the neighborhood, I've talked with other renters, but if I don't know what he's gonna do this year with our rent, so what am I doing? The only thing I know is last I saw him, we agreed that the new lease language reads as 3 tenants. Before, technically the whole house was 1 tenant. One person paid him. We've never been late or short on rent but now, we're only responsible for our part of total rent. When my previous friend/roommate moved out a few years ago, because Covid fucked her business, we had people viewing the room a couple months out of her leaving.

Anybody ever experience anything like this?

Soo... I'm confused what's going on with my living situation right now. Tomorrow is supposed to be the start of a new lease.

The landlord He came by the house a few weeks ago to check it out like he usually does once a year around this time.

Confirmed I'm staying so is the kid. My friend told him he's moving out about 3-4 months ago. Well ahead of the lease requirement. Landlord also said he'd be sending by prospective tenants to take over my friend's room. Haven't heard anything on that front. Yesterday he did have house cleaners but no one was home so didn't get a chance to talk with him about it. Until we sign a new lease, are we legally squatters? I dunno.

:dunno

Not meaning to paint him in a bad light. I've been here since 2018 and he's always been a great landlord. This is really out of character. Usually we have our new lease signed early/mid July. He doesn't raise rent much each year. Less than other properties in the neighborhood, I've talked with other renters, but if I don't know what he's gonna do this year with our rent, so what am I doing? The only thing I know is last I saw him, we agreed that the new lease language reads as 3 tenants. Before, technically the whole house was 1 tenant. One person paid him. We've never been late or short on rent but now, we're only responsible for our part of total rent. When my previous friend/roommate moved out a few years ago, because Covid fucked her business, we had people viewing the room a couple months out of her leaving.

Anybody ever experience anything like this?
I'd assume youre months to month until a new lease agreement says otherwise. It should say in your previous lease agreement. Is it not possible he thinks you're moving out? Why not pick up the phone and call him? Waiting til the last minute to do these things is a terrible idea.

Good morning whores!!!

Kuro, regarding your landlord, my bet is that he is overwhelmed. So many laws have changed. I’d say you’re month to month. I’d also say maybe search for a roommate on your own as well.

In other news, I dislike new computers.

Good morning whores!!!

Kuro, regarding your landlord, my bet is that he is overwhelmed. So many laws have changed. I’d say you’re month to month. I’d also say maybe search for a roommate on your own as well.

Good morning,

So i've been using a personal computer for work since 2019 because of the absolute dog sh*t work laptops they were giving employees at that time. Mine's getting a little long in the tooth so I requested a work laptop. Surely whatever crap he's buying now has to be better than mine because of the age. Of course I receive a laptop older than my current one. Haven't even bothered to use it yet, cuz why. About to throw this thing off a roof and tell them it broke.

Getting a new computer can be a pain in the butt for a week or two. I got a new work computer a few weeks ago, vpro chip, 32 gb ram, 1tb hd. Nice machine but my old machine had the bugs worked out of it. The IT guy had to install, remove, and reinstall software on the new one for a week to get it running smooth.
And still my cad is wonky with dimensions disappearing as I zoom in and out, way more annoying than it might sound.

Last edited:
peak Waymo. Three cars on the same two blocks. One drives down across from me, another waiting up there and a third driving down past the second one towards me.

I'd assume youre months to month until a new lease agreement says otherwise. It should say in your previous lease agreement. Is it not possible he thinks you're moving out? Why not pick up the phone and call him? Waiting til the last minute to do these things is a terrible idea.
I have tried to call him. He's been radio silent.

ran into some little kids walking on the county road we share. walking their dogs. super cute kids and dogs. stopped to chat. all fun at first. then the conversation went weird. one of their cats died. apparently no one told the family you can’t bury pets out here. told me they buried the cat, and then a bear came, dug it up and took it away. very matter-of-fact. uh… okay.

Good morning whores!!!

G, why would I do that?

Splitting utilities 3 ways instead of 2 would help but outside of that, it's not my responsibility to find a new tenant. It's not my intention to be obstinate but I don't think it's odd to expect something. Two tenants, one empty room, what are we doing here? New lease would be nice.

ran into some little kids walking on the county road we share. walking their dogs. super cute kids and dogs. stopped to chat. all fun at first. then the conversation went weird. one of their cats died. apparently no one told the family you can’t bury pets out here. told me they buried the cat, and then a bear came, dug it up and took it away. very matter-of-fact. uh… okay.
I thought this was going to end up like Pet Sematary :laughing

Last edited:
Plenty of places in SF where rooms are rented individually in a house, each person is on their own lease though. First place I rented in Denver after college was initially one big lease, then one of the roommates became a bit of a deadbeat and wasn't able to pay his share, the landlord was super cool about it and reduced the rent to the amount me and the other guy could pay for 3 months and told us after that we'd need to find someone else or pay the full amount ourselves. We managed things until our lease was up and went out separate ways, she even gave us our deposit back less the curtains that said deadbeat roomy ruined blacking out his room. If I was to ever have the $$$ to be a landlord, that's the type I'd aspire to be.

Finally a low key day in Grand Lake, might have to sail this afternoon if we made it into the final race, or that race might be tomorrow, or we might not have the points to be in it, TBD. But, turns out we got second place in our class for the week. Just don't make me tell you how many boats we competed against in a few of those races :laughing my folks are pretty stoked as it is my niece and nephews first time going to the ball tomorrow and their grandpa and I will be accepting a trophy. I assume "that'll show you rich bastards!" would be an inappropriate acceptance speech...

Back