• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

I have much interest in seeing Barbie as I do in watching a polka jamboree.
There are much better flicks that I haven’t bothered watching yet.

Admittedly not but I've heard very mixed things from male and female friends, so I guess my statement was idiotic :)

It's on the list
----

Good guy came to see the place today, seems like we have a lot in common. Man I feel old compared to these mid 20s software developers :)

I don’t care if Barbie sweeps the Oscars, I’m not seeing it.

Both of you might be surprised...

I'm not advocating like its the best thing since sliced bread but it was definitely more than what I thought it would be when I saw it. I was extremely entertained.

Ultimately... who cares about what movies earn whatever awards...

I don't

Last edited:
I don’t either. It’s not a topic that is interesting to me and I’m generally disinclined to spend much time on movies.

When I do watch a movie, it’s by no means likely to be highbrow, just something that might be entertaining enough to sit through.

Good morning!
Rain….
Need coffee.

I have much interest in seeing Barbie as I do in watching a polka jamboree.
There are much better flicks that I haven’t bothered watching yet.

Lol. Weird that you can say that without watching the movie. Barbie is a great movie.

My wife and sister when they used to visit their now deceased mom in Riverside used to buy DVDs to watch.

"Cloud Atlas" was one of them, never heard of it to be honest, from 2012.

Half an hour in I thought it was a mess of a movie and almost stopped watching; hard to make head or tails of as I had not read about it prior to watching.

Finally "got" the premise and it came together in an entertaining way.

Worth a watch if you can get through the first half hour or so.

I got 12 minutes into Barbie last night before shutting it off. It wasn't funny or entertaining, thus far. I will try again.

I got 12 minutes into Barbie last night before shutting it off. It wasn't funny or entertaining, thus far. I will try again.

well after that review I must watch, of course I'm spring loaded in that position

[youtube]kJThaSad32E[/youtube]

there is only one other Barfer that even knows Takarazuka

went for a haircut, she was a ~50 y/o Vietnamese or Thai.

I’m sorry but I’m having a hard time understanding … will have to stick to her male coworker (also Vietnamese) it looks like we hit it off last time. (About parking and locality)

Or, you know, go and find the cool English speaking slick black hair tattooed alternative lifestyle guy

-

Also, vid then for tux

[YOUTUBE]-Or4F6sDyaw[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I just go to Joes and grab whoever is first available, it's often the same gal, doesn't matter though, everyone there does good work.

Doc suggests I take two weeks away from anything that would irritate the ankle, while taking a daily Alleve. I'm usually the type to wait until things don't hurt "as much" and then ignore them, but my folks reminded me that my uncle did this and ended up with a torn Achilles, so I guess I should give this one a chance to heal. Better now than in the middle of rally season.

My optometrist did me a solid. He knows my current situation and not having insurance at the moment. He didn't charge me for my eye exam, gave me my prescription and gave me a recommendation for a website to buy my glasses a lot cheaper than him. He didn't have to do that on both counts.

Just asked me when I'm back to work and have insurance to come back when I'm ready to buy contacts again.

I haven't fully researched it yet, but isn't vision included with the Covered CA plans? Seems like I can get on some of those for free given my expected lack of income this year...

No clue, Nate.

Either way, the website he pointed me to, I can buy a pair of glasses for around 50-60ish bucks, frame and specific lenses of an odd prescription included.

My prescription is unusual so the price he'd have to charge me would be way more. Business is business.

I've never had to go to an optometrist out of insurance before and honestly don't know what the cost of an eye exam is but he told me don't worry about it.

The last time I saw him, he gave me contacts that are meant to be slept in. Or at least... it's not the boogeyman I've always been told since I was a kid to not sleep with your contacts still in.

Yadda yadda. Ultimately, I envy YOU PEOPLE that have good vision without corrective lenses, glasses or contacts. I've been blind as a bat since 3rd or 4th grade.

Back