• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

It's not everyday that one can read/talk/reply to a (decently famous) youtuber of coffee on R/espress . (it's Lance H.) but it did happen in the first part of today

he also probably inspired me to check the inverted Aero P method . (I'd never used it b/c it seems easier to spill. but he used it... :dunno)

I dunno who that is, but then again, I also do not have any fancy methods for making coffee. Probably should up my game though.

This dudestiron popped up in the thread and mentioned it.

AeroPress is not fancy, it's basically a step up from Mr coffee coffee pot.

Originally its idea was to save space and money from a real coffee machine (any type) actually.

but I would call it fancy bc it's still $30 for the contraption of course. Which lasts like a decade. It's also single serve. I think they say it's 2-3 serves but ...

Last edited:
I may have to try that, I assume then I'll need a scale to measure out my beans for a single cup though...

Moved my car to a better parking spot, got a burrito, peak productivity for today! Well, not really, need to work on the resume some more and also clean up the place before contractors come by to investigate water leaks tomorrow.

Drone was acting wonky so I sent it to a repair place. Turns out the sd card was corrupt and it borked the drone's update process. If it were a roomba it would've been stuck in a corner beeping forlornly. :laughing

Hopefully they get it boxed up and on a UPS truck today.

Man I dislike updating resumes. I suppose a resume that just says "I'm relatively smart and I'll work hard for a livable salary" isn't gonna get me hired though... I'd rather be cleaning motorcycle drivetrains :ride

I love the idea of a robot constantly vacuuming but in reality I'm not sure how well it would work out.

- dont be a luddite

well, at least that's what people on twitter and reddit would tell you if you don't think the idea of a robot constantly driving itself would actually work out

:( :loco

--

(I just think those people are a little blind-folded and don't see that robots would always have problems)

Last edited:
I have always had cats that puke and dogs that occasionally get the runs, so, I know EXACTLY how that would work out. Not well, not well at all.

I have always had cats that puke and dogs that occasionally get the runs, so, I know EXACTLY how that would work out. Not well, not well at all.

Oh yeah, I know it all too well. ODS* and OCS** does not mess with autonomous vacuum.

* Old Dog Syndrome
** Old Cat Syndrome

Sort of the interior equivalent of a Cruise AV driving through wet concrete.

roombas are the drama queens queens of modern tech.

tumblr_mwl1hnuZ3B1s02vreo1_400.gif

so sour right now. I need something. Giving so much $$$$ for car maintenance, SF full of potholes, breaking control arms bushings and what not.

(yes, this is an additional/separate story, not A CrowsFoot Wrench A/C story)

I vacuum frequently with one of those Dyson stick kind. The charger is built into the wall mount. I don't have that much exposed floor space.

Just vacuumed and steam cleaned the floors in the condo, no poop smearing was involved in the process. Once the vacuum regains it's composure I'll tackle the carpet in the bedroom.

Working on my little mtn bike track in the backyard. It's short but kind of fun. I've got three berms I've built up. Once it dreis out a bit, I'll test them out. I think I'll put some logs and other obstacles to make it fun.

There are some amazing trails about fifteen minutes from my house, but it will be cool to have a little track out back.

Back