• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Home owner again. Keys in hand and going over tomorrow to start some projects. :teeth

Room for all the motos and the car inside the garage and plenty of landscaping crap for me to do. :ride

Awesome.

You know we're going to need a photo or two. :thumbup

Understood, Andy. I appreciate that assessment.

Hardly, Mike. I don't like anything about this situation and if I'm just being super wrong in this, or if someone would deal with it differently, I trust the BARF post whore collective to tell me that. Your opinion is not what others think and that's fine. Otherwise, I wouldn't have said anything and I could have just ranted and vented at some different friends but anyone I call friend wouldn't do that either. Everyone that is close enough to me to hear anything really personal knows they can check me because I expect nothing less.

I have nothing to gain by people just telling me what they think I want to hear.

I'm not gonna try to have a match of whose brother is worse. I don't hate him. Hate is a strong word I would only use for a small number of people I can count on one hand and have a few fingers left over.

But given what you said, I'll level with you. A call between the 3 of us, at best, could be reasonable to even start. I can be convinced into listening and trying... on a phone call. But jumping right back into us being in the same room together? No.

My understanding is that:

1. Your opinion/take/attitude towards your brother is accurate
2. He will never change
3. Your mom is driven by mom-emotions, which is understandable. Some parents will never give up on their kids
4. There is nothing you can do to placate her unfortunately, so you will need to come to peace with her being upset for the rest of her life.

You can't fix him or get her to stop bugging you. You can harden up to her guilt trips but that's about it.

congratulations!!! to Rhonda!
What a great feeling.

Morning hoerzeses!

Friends and coffee do motivate, I bet.

Some might be of the opinion that “friends can’t be there all the time to help you”, but um duh meh

coffee is helping.

i need to prepare a bike for a guest from NZ. it needs new tires and probably a new battery and he wants auxiliary lights added.

my transalp also needs new tires, chain, and sprockets.

my shop is currently a disaster area. lol.

plus, i have some house projects and other junk to do.

i’ll get to it all. i think today i’ll work on my schedule for the year and take my chainsaw to the shop to get it looked at.

Damn! At least you have a shop.

Btw once you have a shop, but NOT a condo, projects increase . lol.

Oh damn. There go my two c. Post count +1 . :facepalm

—-

Also currently discussing whether I should give a ticket for the next door woman renting who’s parked in the lowered section of the curb (rounded) near my driveway. She’s been doing it for a while…there must be some implicit misunderstanding or pushyness there…

Last edited:
my shop is hella sexy. i’ll snap some pics when i get it cleaned up.

okay. one more cup of coffee then i’ll go spend an hour airing out the shop and organizing before heading for a walk.

Projects:
Clean up Element post for sale
Clean up fabulous yacht
take showerr and put on bathrobe
eat bon bons
watch TV

will do! i’m putting on real pants in in a minute but am gonna go get my workout in first.

i just remembered i have chainsaw chaps that should fit me now. i’m kind of excited to try them on.

Yep is in desperate need of chainsaws. Finally got lab reports back that will allow us to dispose of the remaining fire debris and finally get a building permit.

Now we need to earn a couple hundred grand to go to town.

Those Honda Elements are worth major $$$ from what I've seen.

This element is a 2004 AWD manual. Ours is the custom dog edition where plastics have bite marks :mad. Oh Joy sigh.

Cannot find a single bucket in this place! I swear I am the only person that knows how to put things away, close drawers, close doors, and vacuum. :rant

This element is a 2004 AWD manual. Ours is the custom dog edition where plastics have bite marks :mad. Oh Joy sigh.

The is only one for sale within 500 miles, 17 nationwide.

$10,000 for the closest one.

Plastics are dirt cheap and in good condition on E'bay.

Bought some interior door panels for my wife's 2007 TSX on e'bay and they were in excellent condition for not much money at all.

Back