• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Remember the issue I told you guys and gals about regarding my friend's wife going nuts on me for her issues with her husband's actions and roping me into the drama? I mentioned they asked for their keys back on some BS pretext...and I was like "Guess they have nobody to water their plants, and take care of their next cat" when they go on one of their numerous trips. I thought ok I'll just not be friends with her.

Anyway he and I managed to stay friends, for now...but not sure how much longer. We got together yesterday and he mentioned he might want to adopt some kittens and would I want to help take care of them. I said straight up while your wife and I have unresolved issues I can't commit to things that unfortunately help her out. She can't have it both ways...she wanted the keys back but is willing to give them back to me if it benefits her again? I think not.

He tried to explain her logic about why she is upset, and I won't waste your time but it's totally wack and ridiculous, and all based on the premise that she and I are "good old friends". Old friends, yes, good, definitely not. I haven't considered her a friend outside of "my friend's wife" for YEARS. Her logic amounts to "A really close good supportive friend wouldn't have (done x) or (should have done Y). I literally snickered a few times as he explained it to me. Even if we were the kind of friend she implied we are, I wouldn't have acted any differently.

Long story short she is still giving him shit over me, he's frustrated, and instead of trying to convince her that she is not the injured party in this situation, he wants me to reach out to her and have a conversation about it. I told him I'd think about it but after much reflection, I can't do it, even for a good friend. I am not prepared to be bullshit berated for my actions, I am not the bad guy, her expectations are unrealistic, and her framing of the relationship between her and me is completely false. If we met I'd basically say these things to her, and I don't see how this would resolve anything unless she had a realization that she in fact is the asshole in this situation. She will never apologize, and I won't apologize for something I don't feel I should, so it's kind of an impasse.

If I tell him I'm not willing to make steps to work it out, that will likely be the end of a friendship, no fault of my own. I'd even be prepared to do a fake apology if she was a normal person but this would take ~ amounts of effort, and I don't see it paying off.

Thanks for listening.

Has potential but not quite enough there just yet for a Dr Phil episode.
Has there been anything spicy between you and the wife, you and the husband, the three of you together?
The husband should not bring any animals into this relationship. He should consider an old British motorcycle though to tinker with for a distraction.

J, I think you got lucky enough to get one foot out the door fairly painlessly and you're right to not want to put it back in. If he wants to bail on you because of an all-or-nothing ultimatum deal, take it. It's a good deal.

He owned a cat Neo for 18 years very nice cat.

Nothing spicy. Her trauma has allegedly caused her current "going through a hard time period" which has been years with no end in sight, which causes her to be nuts and blame me for stuff that's nothing to do with me. That's it. My BFF also said she agrees with me and doesn't like how the wife is...the wife pretends to be all empathetic and such but really isn't and my bff doesn't even like who she is now either.

J, I think you got lucky enough to get one foot out the door fairly painlessly and you're right to not want to put it back in. If he wants to bail on you because of an all-or-nothing ultimatum deal, take it. It's a good deal.

Thank you. I know it's the right thing to do, for me. This is not a situation I feel the need to go "above and beyond" for.

Has potential but not quite enough there just yet for a Dr Phil episode.
Has there been anything spicy between you and the wife, you and the husband, the three of you together?
The husband should not bring any animals into this relationship. He should consider an old British motorcycle though to tinker with for a distraction.

Or how about a 1976 MY125 cleat title and original blue and yellow CA plate? Doesn’t even need much tinkering but it will introduce him to a world of really cool people?

Yep is in desperate need of chainsaws. Finally got lab reports back that will allow us to dispose of the remaining fire debris and finally get a building permit.

Now we need to earn a couple hundred grand to go to town.

Are you guys running low on interest in Yep things, like it's turned into too much of a project at a time when you want fewer projects?

Quite the opposite, we’ve been on a mad money making kick. I finally retired off the water to focus on cat herding and sane procurement. It’s odd to wake up without the dread of what the day will bring.

Or how about a 1976 MY125 cleat title and original blue and yellow CA plate? Doesn’t even need much tinkering but it will introduce him to a world of really cool people?

I think that’s the wrong bike for this diagnosis. Needs something like a late 60’s to early 70’s BSA. Has to have with an oil leak or two but with a comfortable seat.
Old Vespa might do in a pinch.

r. We got together yesterday and he mentioned he might want to adopt some kittens and would I want to help take care of them..

:laughing :laughing :thumbup “right” :laughing

if you are real friends, then you should be roped into the drama. But I guess you aren’t or you don’t want to be…..which is okay, it’s an option
-

Well at least I can also tell stories that my car that I gave thousands to fix and the shop left something unattached and is not responding

Last edited:
Costco in a Saturday!!! I must be certifiable.

Costco in a Saturday!!! I must be certifiable.

Yeah maybe! Haha.
Get some snack samples! Although z you might have missed them!

I love Costco even though their stock dipped like 7% on Friday :)

I love it so much too! It gives my wallet so much fulfillment!!!

Next time please don't buy 7% of their warehouse and it won't dip! 🥁 🥐

Costco on a Saturday is a thing with us, unfortunately. And let me tell you, Costco on a Saturday here is NOTHING like it was in the Bay Area where you have multiple stores within a close distance of each other. The crowds aren't as bad with many stores. Here...it's a fucking nightmare.

last time I went one week ago on a Saturday there were THREE green lights at the gas pumps for my car(among a few rows) so... EZ GO :rofl and I'm posting only for Korn-holi :)

-

so, basically people are like "oh gas is always so busy, no point", and I'm like "wait till you see how many times I get in an out immediately... "

Back