• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

GAJ, I don’t recall seeing your email. Oh wait you aren’t talking about W&G but a lot of similarities.

"Adult" (cough*senior*cough) friendships look weird from the outside. People are "friends" with people they don't like, talk tons of shit about each other, then get mad over some little nonsense thing and refuse to ever speak to them again as if they were raped or something.

GAJ, I don’t recall seeing your email. Oh wait you aren’t talking about W&G but a lot of similarities.

Not sure who W&G are.

I have another friend who has done nothing but complain to me about his wife for years who is indeed beyond odd...especially if she is drunk which evidently happens a lot.

Second marriage, most of us told him not to marry her but................

He's a great and creative cook, she is the kind that uses Rica A Roni and pre marinated Hormel Pork Loins.

He said he quit cooking in the kitchen because of her micro managing and criticism telling him he's not following the recipe correctly which a good cook doesn't need to. Will only cook on the BBQ now.

That is one crazy "solution."

Sad thing is he loves to cook and gets joy out of it.

That is likely why she harangued him enough to quit.

She seems to revel in killing his joy. :wtf

And yet he sticks around and takes it.

My SO is W, and like many old couples we do things that annoy the crap out of one another. E has enough started and staged projects to keep a 30 year old busy for life.
I want to simplify get rid of stuff and free up what limited time we have left for fun stuff. I want him to be included but more and more I feel if I don’t just start living life without him I will find myself full of regrets.

Here they still have the self checkout lines at Costco so a breeze if you aren't buying liquor.

But usually I'm buying liquor so no Saturdays for me.

9:30 on weekdays is usually ok.

We only get beer and wine at the local Costco anyway, but you can buy those things at self-checkout here. :dunno

I have an el cheapo electric one with a cord and it works pretty well for small stuff in a small yard.

Noted! :thumbup

There are a lot of good battery saws out there. Husqvarna and still make good saws, but expensive and proprietary batteries. Makita makes a saw that runs on two of their standard 18v batteries and it works really well. Other common tool brands do to, so if you’re already in those ecosystems, it might be a good way to go.

Yeah I'm cheap and am bought into Ryobi's stuff! :laughing

Was thinking something like this...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...th-4-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-P2520/314600188

51JZuxh8LeL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Ryobi is bomb for stuff around the house on the weekends type of thing. The brand knows its place and nails it.

We only get beer and wine at the local Costco anyway, but you can buy those things at self-checkout here. :dunno

A union led change to ensure jobs for cashiers by not allowing liquor anywhere to be sold at self serve lines; probably California only.

Self-serve machines can screw themselves anyway, there is a clerk/cachier/boxer dude at Costco that wears the same brand hat or sweatshirt as I , and he says he likes it each time.
:)

I'm always going to take the self-checkout lane whenever possible for a variety of reasons:

1. I don't want to talk to the cashier in the first place. I'm there to buy what I need and get out. It's not social hour for me.
  2. I'm usually faster than they are even when they're not trying to talk to me.
  3. I'm comfortable with running the equipment myself and don't really care that I'm not being paid to check myself out...which seems to be the big gripe naysayers have.
  4. What I'm buying is my business...I'm not interested in employees of the store knowing what I spend my money on.

I'm always going to take the self-checkout lane whenever possible for a variety of reasons:

1. What I'm buying is my business...I'm not interested in employees of the store knowing what I spend my money on.

Cucumbers, reddi-whip, condoms, and paper towels?

That can’t be a real reason to hit the self checkout. Would any cashier be even remotely interested in what a total stranger would be buying.

I don't care if they actually are. I worked at Vons when I was in high school and I can assure you that even 30 years ago, people absolutely talked about what customers bought. I find it hard to believe that's changed since.

Good morning hoerzeses!
Coffeetime!
Not a relaxing weekend sadly.

Back