• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a new yoga studio today because my regular Sunday class was cancelled. First class for new students is $5.00. I was the only one there. One on one class, freakin' scored. I tipped her well.
My regular schedule is
Monday-TRX,
Tuesday Yoga,
Wednesday Pilates Reformer,
Saturday Pilates Reformer
Sunday Yoga

I totally need to get back into a regular workout routine, this thread is motivating me towards actually doing it. Jumping rope has always been a cornerstone of my workout, but someone seems to have swapped out my knees with old man one's within the last few years. Thinking that it is time to join a local gym that has a saline swimming pool.

I totally need to get back into a regular workout routine, this thread is motivating me towards actually doing it. Jumping rope has always been a cornerstone of my workout, but someone seems to have swapped out my knees with old man one's within the last few years. Thinking that it is time to join a local gym that has a saline swimming pool.

Freaking knees! I mentioned that burpees really hurt at PT so she put me on those freaking mountain climbers :rant

Freaking knees! I mentioned that burpees really hurt at PT so she put me on those freaking mountain climbers :rant

Mountain climbers sound familar, similar to bear crawls? If so, probably effective, but not something that I would look forward to.

Ive been doing some pushups and stuff at home but started a gym membership last night, first time in years. Sore legs today.
Was going to go again tonight because Sunday is supposed to be slow at this gym but dudes want to go out for food. So maybe I should ease into it.
I hate crowded weekday gyms.

Not sure how it is in the Bay Area but go to the gym at different times and you will see there is an ebb and flow to how busy they are. I go at night right around 8pm here and there are only a few people there so I can do my workout without a lot of waiting around for others. Seeing as the people at this time are pretty regular I also try to watch what they are doing on what day and plan to do my workouts opposite theirs. Like if someone is doing chest on a certain day I will do arms and so on.

Just booked tickets to my first ever trip to Hawaii. Time to get serious. Im gonna look good.

Beefcake!
The Mighty!
Gwar_-_Beefcake_the_Mighty.jpg

6/27 thru 7/7 Oahu, north shore. Ya gonna be around?

Shit...we're doing Maui 5-23/ 6-3...

Next time! You've got PLENTY of time BTW...you better look like Zac Efron when you're done...

I bought a power rack and some weights

Been doing some basics with my 16yo so he can start learning how to do the lifts right, etc.

Day A

3×5+ Barbell Rows
3×5+ Bench Press
3×5+ Squats
Day B

3×5+ Chinups
3×5+ Overhead Press
3×5+ Deadlifts

Also helps to get into a routine and develop habits.

There seems to be some overlap on those splits. What is the frequency of the workouts? Also 3x5's are pretty popular these days although if the fitness goal is to lose weight, I'd probably up the workload (if the person working out is no longer a beginner or new lifter).

Regardless of goals or frequency, make an effort to mix up the order, set range and rep range of exercises to prevent the body from getting used to the workout.

Last edited:
Lying on the bed here again thinking about going to the gym. Hope I don't fall asleep but eyes are getting sleepier and sleepier and .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back