• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I somehow lost 9-10 pounds in a month. Haven't been eating less so not sure why. Although I did switch to mostly drinking water in place of anything else.

I was gonna post a pic of a tapeworm as a joke...then I got to the google pics and grossed myself out so much....I just can't do it.

So, water worm then. That's Dr. Berto's analysis.

Just some good humor later, and not the ice cream cone brand filled with white, creamy tapeworms, please.

funny you mention tape worms. Dude pulled a 32ft one out of his ass recently. I didnt click the article cause i didnt wanna see photos of it :laughing

Fuck man...that's like a roommate at that point. In your ass.

Wouldn't the weight of a fat ass 10 pound tapeworm add to the total weight measured by the scale.
No I'm not looking up how tapeworms work.

I somehow lost 9-10 pounds in a month. Haven't been eating less so not sure why. Although I did switch to mostly drinking water in place of anything else.

It's the switch to water. Unless you were drinking zero calorie everything and even then, artificial sweeteners can have strange effects on people's metabolism. Not to mention the chemical soup that is diet sodas. EVERYTHING you put into your body has some sort of effect. Everything.

Funny, but if people knew that the slightest tweak in diet and behavior can have such noticeable effects, more would probably make these slight changes.

I encourage my you all to read my quick little blogs or vlogs or whatever the youngsters call it. It costs nothing and even if you don't agree, it might get you thinking.

https://www.coachcabo.com/blog/

If you like making excuses, don't look at this thread, it will make you feel like a wimp. My skeleton aint much better these days:

https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371444

Wouldn't the weight of a fat ass 10 pound tapeworm add to the total weight measured by the scale.
No I'm not looking up how tapeworms work.

DO NOT look them up. First, you'll end up in Indonesian hell. Second, you'll be grossed the shit out. Tapeworms are the hard shell crust around all of my nightmares.

Posting workout for last night to try and derail tapeworm talk. They are the stuff of nightmares. Saw a video where they pulled a tapeworm out of a boil on a guy's leg it was like 10 feet long it just kept going and going as they pulled it out. Ughhhhh.

Hit the gym again last night. I was doing the treadmill and had just started the interval portion of the workout and on the second fast interval I somehow hit the emergency stop button on the crossbar and lost the previous 15 minutes of information from my workout. I had been upping the fast interval times to 4 minutes to increase calorie burn. So my best guess is that with the increased fast interval times I went from around 330 calories burned to 360 for last night's session.

weight lifting portion:
4 sets 10 reps triceps cable pulldowns
4 sets 10 reps preacher curls
4 sets 10 reps seated bicep curls
4 sets 10 reps skull crushers

After the above, my arms were toast so I headed home. Feels good to be doing 4 minute fast intervals on the treadmill without sucking wind.

Keeping pressure on myself to keep working...

Upper is 10/8, Lower is today. I'm 10 lbs heavier in muscle gain. Don't want to gain any more, just tone it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0821_cropped.jpg
    IMG_0821_cropped.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Maybe we should all do a year in review photo spread?? I have "before" pics floating around somewhere...

One machine I really like and that gets my heart rate up while using is the machine pictured below. I would have killed to have a machine like that back when I was wrestling to increase my throwing strength even more than it was!

20190_TorsoRotation2.jpg

Maybe we should all do a year in review photo spread?? I have "before" pics floating around somewhere...

Not for me yet.

One machine I really like and that gets my heart rate up while using is the machine pictured below. I would have killed to have a machine like that back when I was wrestling to increase my throwing strength even more than it was!

20190_TorsoRotation2.jpg

What is that torture device? I haven't seen anything like it.

What is that torture device? I haven't seen anything like it.
It's a Cybex Eagle Torso Rotation machine.

The amount of muscle mass that it engages while doing reps (18-20 for me) will put a large energy load on your system. :laughing

Looks like I could replicate it with a mid-height pulley and rope setup. may try that when I work in the battle ropes. Maybe a Friday workout as I don't want to do legs yet with all the treadmill work I am doing and I kind of have a free form day then.

Night meetings on Wed & Thur sucked the life out of me. But I showed up tonight. Plates were fucking heavy.

GYM

5 min Row

6x10 - BB Bench Press
3x10 - Bodyweight Squat
3x10 - Cable X-Over
2x10 - DB Chest Upper
2x15 - Face Pull
2x10 - Dead Hang Pull Ups
4x10 - Hanging Leg Raise
3x10 - Leg Press
3x10 - Calf Raise
3x10 - Leg Extension
3x10 - DB Curls
2x10 - BB Wrist Curl
2x10 - BB Reverse Wrist Curl

FOOD

2 eggs, 1 white, 2 small potatoes
Pro Shake - 24g
3 Tangerines
1 Cup Almonds
Raw Spinach & Chicken Breast
Pro Shake - 24g
Quinoa, Vegan Chick’N & Grilled Vaggies (squash & zucchini)
Handful of Chocolate Covered Cherries:twofinger
Pro Shake - 24g

Last edited:
Night meetings on Wed & Thur sucked the life out of me. But I showed up tonight. Plates were fucking heavy.

GYM

5 min Row

6x10 - BB Bench Press
3x10 - Bodyweight Squat
3x10 - Cable X-Over
2x10 - DB Chest Upper
2x15 - Face Pull
2x10 - Dead Hang Pull Ups
4x10 - Hanging Leg Raise
3x10 - Leg Press
3x10 - Calf Raise
3x10 - Leg Extension
3x10 - DB Curls
2x10 - BB Wrist Curl
2x10 - BB Reverse Wrist Curl

FOOD

2 eggs, 1 white, 2 small potatoes
Pro Shake - 24g
3 Tangerines
1 Cup Almonds
Raw Spinach & Chicken Breast
Pro Shake - 24g
Quinoa, Vegan Chick’N & Grilled Vaggies (squash & zucchini)
Handful of Chocolate Covered Cherries:twofinger
Pro Shake - 24g

Tonight deadlift and dumb rows.
Beat my 3 rep PR by 20lbs.
Probably due to my layoff for a few days since i was out of town for work and wouldnt spring the $20 a day to workout at the gym where i was at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back