• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight deadlift and dumb rows.
Beat my 3 rep PR by 20lbs.
Probably due to my layoff for a few days since i was out of town for work and wouldnt spring the $20 a day to workout at the gym where i was at.

YES!!!!!

On our way back from Hawaii. Went for a good run Sunday, climbed Mauna Loa on Tuesday, and went snorkeling on Thursday. And ate so much amazing fooooooooood. Back at it tomorrow, after what I'm sure will be a painful visit to the scale. :cry :rofl

Keeping pressure on myself to keep working...

Upper is 10/8, Lower is today. I'm 10 lbs heavier in muscle gain. Don't want to gain any more, just tone it.

Looking good, climber. And props for posting pics.

Last edited:
I was out late Wed night and had two night meetings on Thur & Fri. This old body is tired but showed up on Saturday. Felt weak.

GYM

20 min Row
10 min Elliptical Trainer
2x10 - Military Press
3x10 - Tri Pull Downs
2x15 - OH Shoulder Rotation w/35-LB Plate
3x10 - Straight Arm Pull Down
3x10 - Lat Pull
1x40 - Push Up

FOOD

• 3 eggs, vegan pro patties, 1 slice wheat toasr
• Green Smoothie - spinach banana vegan pro strawberries almond milk
• 2 tacos
• Small serving of pozole (beef tongue)
• 1 Orange

Looking good, climber. And props for posting pics.
Thanks, Lizerd. This will give me that little extra on those days I don't feel like pushing.

I'm taking pictures the day after, so they're normalized rather than taking right after a workout where everything is worked up. I'm more interested in my walk around condition rather than post-workout.

I found another way to work my triceps. We have magnetic resistance machines and I use the back machine to get a full press on the triceps with a set of 40 at the end that really gives me a good burn to finish off.

It's a Cybex Eagle Torso Rotation machine.

The amount of muscle mass that it engages while doing reps (18-20 for me) will put a large energy load on your system. :laughing

That machine will build a thick, irreversible waist for sure. Especially if you load it up with a lot of weight.

That machine will build a thick, irreversible waist for sure. Especially if you load it up with a lot of weight.
I'm doing 18 reps on each side each time I use it. Higher weight than most but nothing that requires a hard push for me. I developed really strong obliques during my years wrestling, I was really strong with throws and reversing people trying to put me on my back.

aggressive dental work is a "great" way to lose weight :(
prob safer than tapeworms :laughing

I was on the bike for 76mi in 5:30hrs on Saturday. with 5800ft of climbing, it was the longest, tallest, and hardest ride ive done since May. the strength is coming back fast, though I did still cramp a little with 15mi to go. I think I need to adjust my exercise nutrition or something.

Ate something bad on Saturday. Shat my fucking guts out Sat. thru Sun. Actually felt good for an unintended “cleanse.”

Hit the gym tonight, felt weak but wtf.

GYM

3x10 - DB Military Press
3x10 - Cable Rear Delt
3x10 - Cable Side Laterals
3x15 - DB Wrist Curl
3x18 - Hanging Scap Rotation
3x20 - Push Ups
3x15 - Calf Raise
3x15 - Leg Press

DIET

2 Gatorades
Nonfat Greek Yogurt
Starbucks Low Fat Turkey Sammie
Mashed Potatoes
1 Lemon Bar
Carnitas and rice

Last edited:
Ate something bad on Saturday. Shat my fucking guts out Sat. thru Sun. Actually felt good for an unintended “cleanse.”

Hit the gym tonight, felt weak but wtf.

GYM

3x10 - DB Military Press
3x10 - Cable Rear Delt
3x10 - Cable Side Laterals
3x15 - DB Wrist Curl
3x18 - Hanging Scap Rotation
3x20 - Push Ups
3x15 - Calf Raise
3x15 - Leg Press

DIET

2 Gatorades
Nonfat Greek Yogurt
Starbucks Low Fat Turkey Sammie
Mashed Potatoes
1 Lemon Bar
Carnitas and rice

7x sets of squats
5x sets of leg extensions to failure at 30 second intervals. The short interval is to increase intensity as heavy reps are too hard on my knees.

I went to the gym last night and upped the time intervals for my running portions. I was pretty wiped out after that so I went home.

I have not been feeling it during the weight lifting part of my routine. It's been really hard to get into it and it feels more like a chore recently and is not as invigorating as it used to be. I think I am going to keep up on the treadmill portion and maybe do some different exercises like the heavy bag and maybe battle ropes just to keep some muscle tone. I will probably take the next two weeks off weightlifting and will hit it back up after Christmas and see how it feels.

I went to the gym last night and upped the time intervals for my running portions. I was pretty wiped out after that so I went home.

I have not been feeling it during the weight lifting part of my routine. It's been really hard to get into it and it feels more like a chore recently and is not as invigorating as it used to be. I think I am going to keep up on the treadmill portion and maybe do some different exercises like the heavy bag and maybe battle ropes just to keep some muscle tone. I will probably take the next two weeks off weightlifting and will hit it back up after Christmas and see how it feels.
What order are you doing your running and weight lifting?

If you're running first, you may be burning up all of your glucose before getting to your lifting portion. That will reduce your ready energy and make it harder for your cells to recover after each set.

I take a vitamin B12 tab before my workouts, it helps ensure that I have sufficient B12 in my system while working out.

Usually treadmill first then lifting. Normally not really an issue but the last week or so lifting weights has been a chore and not like it usually is for me. May just be a temp burnout so going to take a couple of weeks off and then see how it feels after Christmas.

I take a pre-workout usually so energy shouldn't be an issue.

^ Do something fun and active. Shoot hoops, Ride a bike, Toss a ball around, hit the bag. Anything to to get the feels back.

^ Do something fun and active. Shoot hoops, Ride a bike, Toss a ball around, hit the bag. Anything to to get the feels back.

That's the plan. Hopefully, the week or so off and changing things up will do the trick.

No gym tonight the thermostat for the downstairs AC/Heater went out so have to drive to closest Lowes and get another one and install it. Especially seeing as it went from 80 degrees to 40 overnight.

20 minute row
30 minute run 870ft elevation
Lat pulldowns sets of 10 to failure (15 sets at 212.5lbs)

20oz protein shake
6oz spinach
20oz protein shake
2 cups Barbara's oat chex with heavy cream

I bet you could do a shitload if nonstop pull ups

FINALLY back to the gym. New work out routine for a while is 90% strength training it sounds like..

ive been gone for nearly 3 weeks (1 week was spent in CA :p). Everyone was happy to see me back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back