• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DB shoulder 80s x 8,8,6
Chin-ups 5,7,8,7,6
DB Row 95 x 12, 10, 8
Cable Pushdowns 90 x 10, 10, 9
Cable Side Raises 30 x 9,9,8
Left arm hammer curls and tricep extensions
DB Farmers Walks 105s x 4 x 60 meters

GYM

20-Min Elliptical Trainer

2x15 - Leg Raise
4x15 - Cable Crunch
7x7 - OH 45-LB Plate Shldr Rotation
4x10 - BB Squat
4x15 - Seated Row
4x15 - DB Shrugs

FOOD

• Burger King Sausage Egg Cheese Croiss-vomit
• Nonfat Greek Yogurt w/1 TB Honey
• 3oz Turkey, Hummus and 1 Slice Ezekial Sesame Bread
• Pro shake
• Chicken Soup
• Small slice of Carrot Cake (coworker’s bday :rolleyes)
• 2 Oranges
• Pre Workout
• Ice Coffee w/Cream
• Chicken breast amd stir fried vaggies

MACROS

Cal - 1820
Pro - 133
Carb - 171
Fat - 67

Last edited:
I down climb. Which I think has similar effect of building endurance. It's a busy gym, and hard to find open routes.

IMO, downclimbing is cross training. What do u think is more effective - doing the thing u are training twice or doing it once and doing the opposite once? Id bet you are better off lowering quickly and doing the route again.

Also, this rly only applies on lead or bouldering. Gym top ropes have so much friction, usually by design, that downclimbing is much less effective.

We were in a small gym (Class 5 in San Rafael, long gone for decades now) and they stacked 4-5 routes on each belay station.

That brings back memories. I got dropped from the top of a climb by my belayer there.

IMO, downclimbing is cross training. What do u think is more effective - doing the thing u are training twice or doing it once and doing the opposite once? Id bet you are better off lowering quickly and doing the route again.

Also, this rly only applies on lead or bouldering. Gym top ropes have so much friction, usually by design, that downclimbing is much less effective.

Yeah, probably. To be honest, I mainly do it because my climbing partner does it, and I think it's kind of fun. The 11s is probably my sweet spot for climbing. Still difficult enough, but don't require any extra training, and whatnot. :laughing

It's not really cross training, which is working opposite muscles that don't get used by a sport. In this case, you're using the same muscles but in a different direction.

I used to box when I climbed and that was a good cross training activity.

Soundtrack: Love & Rockets, Vast

20 minute row
35 minute weighted run 25lbs and 470ft elevation
Incline bench sets of 8 to failure 13 sets at 225lbs

20oz whey protein shake
8oz spinach
1/4 cup raw peeled almonds
12oz roasted turkey
1 head broccoli
1 cup sesame noodles
1/2 bag Beanfield's bean chips
1/2 gallon 1% milk
4.5oz Hippeas chic pea puffs
2oz puffed sweet potato chips
4 Korean beef meatballs (golf ball sized)
4oz spinach egg noodles
1 think! protein bar

I don't know if I've mentioned it but 90% of what I eat and drink is organic. I think this is pretty important and worth the extra dough in the long run.

Soundtrack: Love & Rockets, Vast

20 minute row
35 minute weighted run 25lbs and 470ft elevation
Incline bench sets of 8 to failure 13 sets at 225lbs

20oz whey protein shake
8oz spinach
1/4 cup raw peeled almonds
12oz roasted turkey
1 head broccoli
1 cup sesame noodles
1/2 bag Beanfield's bean chips
1/2 gallon 1% milk
4.5oz Hippeas chic pea puffs
2oz puffed sweet potato chips
4 Korean beef meatballs (golf ball sized)
4oz spinach egg noodles
1 think! protein bar

I don't know if I've mentioned it but 90% of what I eat and drink is organic. I think this is pretty important and worth the extra dough in the long run.

Nice job as usual!

I think I’m going to follow your lead & go to failure on all my exercises. I need more gains!

How do you prep your broccoli?

Nice job as usual!

I think I’m going to follow your lead & go to failure on all my exercises. I need more gains!

Fewer exercises and sets of 8-10 to failure has been my key. I find one complex lift and just kill myself doing it. And by "failure" I mean I go until I can't lift 20% less than my max for 8 reps. So if most of the workout I'm lifting 200lbs then have to drop down to 160 to push 8 reps then I've gone to failure. It has seemed to work, I'm pretty yoked. As far as broccoli goes, I steam it then chow with balsamic.

Last edited:
Fewer exercises and sets of 8-10 to failure has been my key. I find one complex lift and just kill myself doing it. And by "failure" I mean I go until I can't lift 20% less than my max for 8 reps. So if most of the workout I'm lifting 200lbs then have to drop down to 160 to push 8 reps then I've gone to failure. It has seemed to work, I'm pretty yoked. As far as broccoli goes, I steam it then chow with balsamic.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Part 1
Farmers carry 25lbs 100m x3

Part 2
American KB swing x20
High Step up x20
30lb slam ball squat clean x20

As many rounds as you can do with a 18min max. I did 3 rounds plus one extra set of squat cleans

It's not really cross training, which is working opposite muscles that don't get used by a sport. In this case, you're using the same muscles but in a different direction.

I used to box when I climbed and that was a good cross training activity.

good point. negatives isnt exactly the same as cross training

Nice job as usual!

Depending on your frequency, i might dial back the volume. Seems like you are doind a lot of sets. If you do all those sets at "failure" rate intensity, that may lead to overtraining. Do a lot of volune means dial back intensity. And vis vis versa

Depending on your frequency, i might dial back the volume. Seems like you are doind a lot of sets. If you do all those sets at "failure" rate intensity, that may lead to overtraining. Do a lot of volune means dial back intensity. And vis vis versa

Good point. I’ll select certain exercises for failure, eg, quads aren’t growing so will target them.

Part 1
Farmers carry 25lbs 100m x3

Part 2
American KB swing x20
High Step up x20
30lb slam ball squat clean x20

As many rounds as you can do with a 18min max. I did 3 rounds plus one extra set of squat cleans

Farmer’s C !!! :thumbup

Tonight:

GYM ▐ █———█▐

3x10 - DB Curl
3x20 - DB Lunge
3x10 - Curling Bar (last set to failure)
3x10 - Squat w/45-LB Plate
4x15 - Face Pull (last set to failure)
2x10 - BB Military Press
4x10 - BB Snatch (bar only; experimenting)
3x15 - Cybex Abdominal
4x15 - Glute Bridge thingie (I don’t want ole geezer buttocks!)
6x15 - BB Wrist Curl

FOOD

• 2 Eggs, 6 Tater Tots, small Sausage Link
• Nonfat Greek yogurt w/1 TB Honey
• Pro Shake
• 4 oz Turkey, 1 TB Hummus, Slice of Ezekial Sesame Bread
• 6 oz Blueberries
• Small Beef Empanada
• Pre Workout
• 9 Gummy Bears
• Post Workout
• Vegan Chick’n, Beets, Cherry Tomatoes, Carrots & Sauteed Zucchini
• Pro Shake

MACROS

1850 Cal
180 Pro
147 Carb ☠
63 Flab

Last edited:
20 minute row
1 hr core yoga
Kinda scattered free weights after, just. Wanted to have fun at that point. Mostly did show off shit, arms shoulders, traps and some face pulls.

Did 20 laps up my parking lot hill yesterday after basketball. The hill at the park was too wet.

Barn run tomorrow, outrigger Saturday (no rain please!) hope to surf Sunday. If I can pull all that off I will feel pretty good about the week. I’m getting nervous about the Alcatraz tri.

Good points.

In the track world, for sprinters we start training at high volume, low intensity and as the season progresses we transition to high intensity, low volume. They can hold high intensity for about 4-6 weeks, then they need about six weeks for recovery before they can start training again.

Hit the treadmill last night and everything seemed off. I upped the pace to 5.5MPH and while I was doing it okay with breathing and everything my feet where killing me and my ankle were not happy. So I called it and went to a 7% incline and 3MPH pace for the rest of the time.

Been having neck issues the last few days and the only body parts left to workout this week were upper back related so I took it very easy.

Got home from the gym and was getting ready to relax and while I was taking off my shoes realized I had put on my old broke down pair I keep around for walking and was not using the new ones I had gotten so that explained the weird foot issues on the treadmill.

Gonna hit it again tonight and see how it goes with the right pair of zapatos on my feet.

kind of excited got some Venum Elite gloves coming from Amazon today. 160z heavy bag workout gloves for my new routine starting Feb3rd.

Upper body issues can translate down the body. Maybe have a good chiro check you out? I know of an excellent one in Berkley.

Upper body issues can translate down the body. Maybe have a good chiro check you out? I know of an excellent one in Berkley.

Berkley is too far of a drive for me my friend. like >2000 miles. I think I slept wrong the other night and it is going to take a few days for it to work itself out.

Good news my Venum Elite 16oz heavy gloves came in and they are freaking nice. Can't wait to start hitting the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back