• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling like a big fat lazy bitch today... I need to do some work on liking me as much as everyone else seems to.

Just like yourself as much as I like you and you'll be beaming. Every day.

PR pullups tonight. One more and i hit my mid Feb goal.

Fuck. Yes. Bro.

Tonight...

GYM -▐ █ —— █▐-

Working on strength again. Per Stoppani: low weight, high reps and speed.

25-Min Elliptical Trainer
1x50 - Push Up
4x20 - Cable X Over
4x20 - Decline Cable X Over
1x10 - BB Incline
6x20 - DB Curl
7x20 - Bench Press
10-Min Swim ‎〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

FOOD

• Kippered Herring & 2 Slices Ezekial Bread (23 Pro | 30 Carb | 2 Fat)
• Nonfat Greek Yogurt, 1 TB Honey, 6 Prunes
• Pro Shake
• 3 oz Turkey Breast & Hummus
• Starbucks Reduced Taste, er, Fat Turkey Breakfast Sammi
• 3 oz Turkey Breast, 1 Slice Ezekial & Hummus
• 1 Orange
• Pre Workout
• Post Workout & 12 Gummy Bears
• Vegan Chick’n, Raw Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, Olives, Pomegranate Seeds
• Chocolate :twofinger

MACROS

Cal - 1996
Pro - 152 ♡
Carb - 241 ☠
Fat - 47 ♡

Last edited:
Yup. You have to maintain that self-drive without it becoming dreary 'work', you have to keep it in the realm of positive and not become something that feels like going to the dentist every day.

Much stoke for you Berto. Today I'm feeling the love today.

Soundtrack: Birthday Massacre

20 minute row
45 minute weighted run 25lbs and 720ft elevation
Lat pulldowns (close grip) sets of 8 to failure 14 sets at 225lbs

Might row again, focusing now on lower abs, so a longer stretch, lots of burn.

20oz protein shake
5oz spinach
1 banana
1/4 cup peeled almonds
13oz fresh turkey breast
1 head broccoli
1 cup sesame noodles
5 Korean beef meatballs (golf ball size)
1 cup spinach egg noodles
1/2 bag Beanfield's bean chips
1 large handful peanut butter pretzels (my treat at the end of the day)
1/2 gallon 1% milk

So I think I may have done something to my shoulder. Coach/owner has been working with me to see if we can figure out what the issue is and do modified movements.

He THINKS a tendinitis of some sort. hurts/aches deep in my shoulder. in the back area. So coincidentally i was the only other person to show up for noon class. So i 1:1 training to help get blow flowing to the shoulder but not injuring it further.

Yup. You have to maintain that self-drive without it becoming dreary 'work', you have to keep it in the realm of positive and not become something that feels like going to the dentist every day.

That and most of us here are on the downside of age/ fitness. We have to be realistic with how our bodies are going to change as we get older and focus on the fitness gains and performance gains we get and less on the looks side of things (although that is the easiest to see benefit).

IMO, of course. I don't want to admit I'm getting older, but I am...and keeping in shape is important, but is having realistic expectations. I can only work so hard and I'll begin seeing less gains/ results from doing so as time wears on. I want to prepare my mind for that.

Fuck it berto I’m running this meat bag into the rocks full steam ahead. Who’s with me!

I missed the pool last night so it’s on tonight. I will report back wen I’m not drowned.

Meat bag...hahahahahahahaha!!!! You, Dan, Kim and Beau are running like stuck throttles!

So I think I may have done something to my shoulder. Coach/owner has been working with me to see if we can figure out what the issue is and do modified movements.

He THINKS a tendinitis of some sort. hurts/aches deep in my shoulder. in the back area. So coincidentally i was the only other person to show up for noon class. So i 1:1 training to help get blow flowing to the shoulder but not injuring it further.
Get that looked at by your doctor. I had shoulder pain that wouldn't go away over time. After 6 months I went to the doctor and they did an x-ray. Turns out I have moderate arthritis in my left shoulder. Not a lot I can do for it aside from getting through the initial pain and keep it active while working on maintaining the shoulder flexibility.

I hope you don't have a similar cause, at least with soft tissues you have a chance of getting it back to normal.

That and most of us here are on the downside of age/ fitness. We have to be realistic with how our bodies are going to change as we get older and focus on the fitness gains and performance gains we get and less on the looks side of things (although that is the easiest to see benefit).

IMO, of course. I don't want to admit I'm getting older, but I am...and keeping in shape is important, but is having realistic expectations. I can only work so hard and I'll begin seeing less gains/ results from doing so as time wears on. I want to prepare my mind for that.
Each decade, it takes more work to get there and the faster it goes away. :mad

In my mid-40's, I changed my lifting habits to 18 reps for everything (except back and abs where I use 30) to avoid injury and I start below a weight where I can do that many reps to get my body warmed up. I can do the Triceps press machine at 245 continuously for minutes, never tried to see how long I could do it, but my body tells me that it would be a very long time. The same is true for every machine that I do for my first pass.

Doing it this way assures me that I'm not going to injure myself lifting and I'm hitting every muscle group, strengthening every muscle, tendon and ligament. My goal is to be able to do just about any activity and not risk injury from doing it.

I've seen too many people my age get hernia's and other injuries from simply doing an activity that they had done many times when in their 20's or 30's.

One thing I've avoided over the past 5 years is jumping for the rim. At 50 and weighing 225, I could still go high enough to easily grab the rim, but 5 years ago I realized that my Achilles tendon was less than half it's old diameter which gives it less than 1/4 the strength. Not worth risking a very painful and debilitating injury, as much as I'd like to see if I can still grab the rim.

Good info Brett. I'm trying not to injure myself and above all, not put the bike on the ground when I'm not doing weights. I haven't posted the results of my last two years of workouts/ program up in visual form....debating if I want to.

Next season my goal is to win a Jetski championship and AFM championship in the same season.

You should see a doctor if it doesnt resolve in a few days to a week of rest. Tendinitis in the shoulder sounds like a suspicious diagnosis to me. Consider the dynamic movements of crossfit are hard on the most complex joint in your body and nobody likes a rotator cuff tear or shoulder impingements.

Blow flow. :laughing BLOOD flowing.

So we did the classic arm out, press against his hand and see what if anything hurt. Inside. Outside. Up. And down.

Up and out aches. If I had to guess which aggravated it the most is bench press and a lot of push ups.

Annoying thing is. When I don’t use it it’s fine after a day or two. Soon as I try to use it, it aches but only in certain positions and certain workouts. This is the best photo I could find that shows where it’s aching. Not sharp pain. Not intense. Just a ache that feels deep in my shoulder.

Attachments

• F611A2C4-422A-4EDA-919E-1E65D6184EB7.jpeg
    F611A2C4-422A-4EDA-919E-1E65D6184EB7.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 36
Could be anything. I had tendinosis a few years ago. Go easy on the shoulder exercises, do some rotator cuff band exercises, and see if it gets better.

Blow flow. :laughing BLOOD flowing.

So we did the classic arm out, press against his hand and see what if anything hurt. Inside. Outside. Up. And down.

Up and out aches. If I had to guess which aggravated it the most is bench press and a lot of push ups.

Annoying thing is. When I don’t use it it’s fine after a day or two. Soon as I try to use it, it aches but only in certain positions and certain workouts. This is the best photo I could find that shows where it’s aching. Not sharp pain. Not intense. Just a ache that feels deep in my shoulder.

If bench press and pushups are aggravating it, which seems weird given the location, adjust the way your elbow bends during that movement. Elbows out will increase strain on your shoulder instead of loading your chest and triceps. The elbows out happens to a lot of people when they are getting fatigued in the movement and are shifting the workload to the shoulder in order to complete the rep. Just watch about any beginner to intermediate lifter max out on bench press and you will see whst i mean.

Coach said the exact same thing. Thinks maybe I flare out my elbows when I’m getting tired. :) also banded exercises are my modified workouts for a while. Mostly just keep my shoulder moving but avoiding heavy weights for at least 6 weeks while we keep an eye on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back