• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. So during a 3-4 hour road race what would you suggest?
Everybody's needs are different.

In the track world, you are out in the sun for 12 hours and compete for about 2-3 minutes if you're just sprinting. If you're jumping, you're taking a maximum of 10 serious jumps in High Jump or 6 serious jumps in Long Jump, if you make the finals. There is a 15-20 minute warm-up before each event, if you've cooled down.

Each sport is going to be different.

As to sugar intake? When I was climbing for a day on the wall, I'd take power bars, chocolate, gatorade in a camelbak, pepperoni sticks, cheese. Anything with a ton of carbs packed into them.

Everybody's needs are different.

In the track world, you are out in the sun for 12 hours and compete for about 2-3 minutes if you're just sprinting. If you're jumping, you're taking a maximum of 10 serious jumps in High Jump or 6 serious jumps in Long Jump, if you make the finals. There is a 15-20 minute warm-up before each event, if you've cooled down.

Each sport is going to be different.

As to sugar intake? When I was climbing for a day on the wall, I'd take power bars, chocolate, gatorade in a camelbak, pepperoni sticks, cheese. Anything with a ton of carbs packed into them.

Which is what I basically said. :p

Depends on when and on how much exercise and what type.

So, in the few months since I started posting in this thread, I’ve gained about another 1.5 notches back in my belt.

I’m back up to being able to work out every day consecutively, which feels great. Don’t want to overdo it though so at the moment it’s 4 on 3 off. Chest > back > shoulders > legs. Mix in core and cardio whenever - sometimes on weekends, sometimes on same day as another workout, just depends.

Thats a pretty extreme position. Creatine is nothing like HGH or steriods.

I think the big issuebwith creatine, is people get dehydrated while taking it and that has its own negative side effects.

Totally extreme, no doubt. I just abhor Creatine...

Now Beat juice. That's something I'm trying.

TUNES

Elton John, CSNY, Chicago, Skynyrd, Doobie Brothers

GYM
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2020

Light weight, high reps and speed for building strength:

22 Min - Elliptical Trainer
10 Min - Treadmill
3x15 - DB Press
3x15 - DB Side Raise
3x15 - Face Pull
3x20 - Leg Press
3x15 - Calf Raise
3x15 - Leg Extension

And a lot of stretching and lacrosse ball-massaging forearms & right shldr.

FOOD

• Jamba Juice Amazing Greens w/vegan protein (too many carbs!)
.....peach juice blend lemonade peaches kale bananas pumpkin seeds
• Orange
• Cheeseburger Fries & 2 Sprites :twofingerCOME AT ME, BITCHES!:twofinger
• 1 Cup Blueberries
• Small Chocolate
• Pre Workout
• Post Workout
• Turkey Breast, Raw Spinach, Beets and Cherry Tomatoes

MACROS

Cal - 2200
Pro - 113
Carb - 279 (Goddamnit!)
Fat - 72

WATER

I am thinking of tracking my water intake since I don’t drink that much water. I figure if I track and post it then I’ll actually drink it. Goddamn peer pressure.

Last edited:
Studies show that working out (completion) about 2 hours before going to bed is optimal for a good sleep for many people, for others there is more optimal times, but exercise has been found to aid in better sleep for almost everybody.

John Hopkins Medicine: Exercising for Better Sleep
I read that too! I'm going to try it, figure after I make dinner. Get on the elliptical for 30 mins. Hopefully knock myself out lol

Soundtrack: Puscifer, Seether

40 minute run 220ft elevation
Close grip lat pulldowns sets of 8 to failure 225lbs and 15 sets
15x60yard sand hill runs 25% grade (this is hard AF).

20oz whey protein shake
6oz spinach
1 banana
10oz turkey slices
2 turkey tacos
1.5 cups egg noodles
1/2 apple fritter because it's Saturday
10oz whey protein shake
1 huge carne asado burrito

Winter bulk is on. 205lbs ~12% BF

Attachments

• beaudrivewaywinter.jpg
    beaudrivewaywinter.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 46
#fuckmebro

PS - Where do you buy Korean meatballs?

Last edited:
Hard work out this morning. Around 1400 calories burned in hour and a half.

Work interfered with working out last night so it was a pass for me.

Got up this morning did my normal routine and found that I have lost 6 pounds already this week. I am super stoked. Been doing house stuff today so no gym but can't wait to get back into the gym next week and hopefully lose another 6. Feeling great.

On the exercise and sleep front, I usually work out late at night from 8-10 pm. If I don't take any pre-workout drinks I sack out. Most pre-workouts have caffeine and since I have pretty much stopped drinking soda I find that it is affecting me more when I do ingest it. So with just water at the gym I am out like a light at around 11ish.

PS - Where do you buy Korean meatballs?

Brah, Whole Foods deli counter. I love to Korean meatballs, Japanese sesame noodles, and the broccoli crunch (I take out the bacon). If I’m hard up for fish oil I get the blackened salmon as well- chef’s plate lunch.

To be fair, when I get the chef’s plate lunch it gets pretty overloaded because I bring the deli girls socks so they take really good care of me. Without that hook up it would be pretty damn expensive.

Brah, Whole Foods deli counter. I love to Korean meatballs, Japanese sesame noodles, and the broccoli crunch (I take out the bacon). If I’m hard up for fish oil I get the blackened salmon as well- chef’s plate lunch.

To be fair, when I get the chef’s plate lunch it gets pretty overloaded because I bring the deli girls socks so they take really good care of me. Without that hook up it would be pretty damn expensive.

Thanks! I eat at wholewallet 5-7x a wk. I’ll look out for the K-Balls

Ice bath info:

Begin at 6:30.

https://youtu.be/uN3w2HlcJv8
The place ice baths are being used in Track is recovery between events. They've been found to be very beneficial for cell recovery for the next race when it's an hour following the previous race, especially for middle distance.

As to this guys assertion, he is just another voice out there, icing and heating have been a discussion for decades, this guy is not a definitive voice, just another voice.

I bet that feels good. Awesome.

Today was super mellow as I needed to focus on an event I threw but I still got in a 20 minute row and a 35 minute run. I didn't eat so well though, so I kinda failed 1/2 of training today. Burgers and cookies don't a champion make.

I had the same day....

GYM

A quickie...

4x10 - DB Bench Press
4x20 - Lunge
3x10 - Cable X Over

FOOD

• 1 Orange
• 3 Eggs, 3 Slices of a Grain Bread
• Smoothie: spinach banana strawberries vegan pro almond milk
• 3 Hard Eggs
• Smattering of M&Ms
• High Protein Breakfast Burrito (made by friend) & Coke
• Chicken Skewers, Chicken Hearts, Dumplings, Flied Lice & Coke

MACROS

I don’t even want to know...

Last edited:
Two day 5000 foot climb in knee deep powder and blizzard conditions. I'm fucking wiped.

Didn't summit, one of our newbies got altitude sickness and I turned him around only 300' from the summit and we safely descended off the steep part of the mountain. Handed him back off to the rest of the team and a couple of us skied down absolutely sublime, untracked backcountry powder that seemed to go for miles.

Gonna have to go back and finish the job, maybe next weekend.

Last edited:
Two day 5000 foot climb in knee deep powder and blizzard conditions. I'm fucking wiped.

Didn't summit, one of our newbies got altitude sickness and I turned him around only 300' from the summit and we safely descended off the steep part of the mountain. Handed him back off to the rest of the team and a couple of us skied down absolutely sublime, untracked backcountry powder that seemed to go for miles.

Gonna have to go back and finish the job, maybe next weekend.

Wow! Would love to see pics.

I had the same day....

MACROS

I don’t even want to know...

I love this.

Soundtrack: Frontline Assembly, Lana Del Ray

35 minute run 420ft elevation
Incline bench press sets of 8 to failure15 sets at 205-225lbs
20 minute row

20oz whey protein shake
6oz spinach
1 banana