• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont post pics here. We send each other banana hammock and bikini shots to keep us motivated. Sorry Hools

Work out today was FUN

Part 1
Power Clean + Press (1, 2)
*find a heavy*
then -20% and max out on the press

I did about 5 rounds building. Hit 95lbs and stopped there. Super hard to not use your legs when pressing over head.

Went down to 65 and did 10 reps

Part 2
Squat find a heavy
then -20%

I always go to light with my squats to start out. But big improvement from last week where I hit 105 and felt done. Today I hit 135. Hoping to hit 150 soon.

Part 3
"Walk out" hold was fun. Basically lift the barbell off the rack step back hold for 10 seconds. Also building but only 3 rounds. This was easy for me and I went too light. My 3rd round was 175.

Part 4 - AMRAP with a 15min cap
5 pull ups. Still dont have these so I did 1 jumping pull up with a slooooow negative, followed by 5 ring rows
10 push ups
20 KB split squats - this was exhausting

I think I did 5 rounds.

I attend kind of a shitty budget gym since its a mile from my house and has the weights and machines I need.

Will not be going back until this shit is over. I have stairs and heavy stuff at home.

I'm going to put my energies into new masturbation techniques. Full body workout style. You know, just to mix it up in these uncertain times.

That counts as cardio, right?

Anyway guess I'll be looking for yoga routines on the Youtubes, and one of the teachers said CorePower will have free lessons on their web site considering the circumstances.

'Nike Training Club' is a free app that has some fun quick workouts. its ez to learn new exercises and follow along with the workouts. 'Quick-Hit Abs' + '5-minute Plank Finisher' hurts.

Fortunately for me, i have always worked out at home, so no real change for me. I continue to hit more low weight higher volume just to change things up and recover from a few injuries. Combined with more disciplined eating am having what i consider to be good results in leaning out.

Onward and upward.

Gym owner just told us he’s going to hand deliver equipment. Barbells, kettle bells, plates, weight ect. Then conduct “live” work outs so we can work out from home.

:love

Kim, your gym owner rules!

Still going to hit my local gym this week. Going to be way diligent about washing my hands after getting on machines. May sneak in some Clorox wipes to use before I get on the machines.

Workout gloves, IMO. Way safer...wash them after each workout.

Shelter in place means 3 weeks of no gym. Probably will be 6 before it's all over. FML...

I'm going to put my energies into new masturbation techniques. Full body workout style. You know, just to mix it up in these uncertain times.

True story, no embellishments:

Hand surgery on “strong hand.”
Cast for two months.
I was single :(
Two weeks in my SBU was infinite (near death).
Three days later I achieved ambidexterity.
SBU reduced to normal levels.
PLesson learned: if there’s a will, there is a way ;)

We dont post pics here. We send each other banana hammock and bikini shots to keep us motivated. Sorry Hools

Work out today was FUN

Part 1
Power Clean + Press (1, 2)
*find a heavy*
then -20% and max out on the press

I did about 5 rounds building. Hit 95lbs and stopped there. Super hard to not use your legs when pressing over head.

Went down to 65 and did 10 reps

Part 2
Squat find a heavy
then -20%

I always go to light with my squats to start out. But big improvement from last week where I hit 105 and felt done. Today I hit 135. Hoping to hit 150 soon.

Part 3
"Walk out" hold was fun. Basically lift the barbell off the rack step back hold for 10 seconds. Also building but only 3 rounds. This was easy for me and I went too light. My 3rd round was 175.

Part 4 - AMRAP with a 15min cap
5 pull ups. Still dont have these so I did 1 jumping pull up with a slooooow negative, followed by 5 ring rows
10 push ups
20 KB split squats - this was exhausting

I think I did 5 rounds.

Always impressive and motivational!!

Holy fuck:

• Gym will be closed tomorrow until April 7.
• DT Walnut Creek tonight is a ghost town.

GYM
MONDAY, MARCH 16, 2020

• 20 Min Elliptical Trainer
• 5x16 - DB Press
• 5x16 - Leg Extension
• 2x16 - Face Pull
• 2x10 - Hanging Leg Raise
• 4x10 - DB Lateral Raise
• 1x20 - BB Military
• 3x10 - BB Upright Row
• 3x15 - Glute Bridge Thing

FOOD

• Bran Muffin
• Bagel with Butter
• Sumo Citrus
• Twice Cooked Pork and Rice
• Stella Artois (Come at me, bitches :twofinger)

MACROS

Bwahahahahhaa! :twofinger

https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/plans/offers_bod

I'm a big fan of the beachbody stuff so might be worth signing up if Gym's are a no go for a while.

I've done Insanity, P90X3 and a couple of other Shaun T ones.

If you have a range of weights at home and a pull up bar, I'd recommend P90X3.

Insanity workouts are more leg heavy but a great way to get your cardio and explosive energy built up. The others vary based on used case.

I will probably start Insanity max thirty over the weekend.

Last edited:
Normally I go 5 days a week to 24hr. I have not gone in two weeks. I have small hand weights, a sit-down bike, foam roller and straps at home. I just got an email 24hr closing today. They did send a link to their app, downloaded it. You put in your stats and goals, will see what it is later today.

Gym closed for 30 days. Gonna pick up some equipment later today and do at home guided workouts. Thankfully I have a pull up bar, some dumbbells and a jump rope already at home.

Im gonna use the next 30 days to get one fucking strict pull up. Its hanging in my office door. So as many times as i walk past it im going to practice.

My daughter is freaking out about me going to the gym. Looks like I am going to have to break out the treadmill again at home and the dumbbells. Going to go back to a HIIT routine from Men's Health magazine from years ago.

Funny thing is no gym last night and hit all-time low this morning on the scale. Go figure......

Gym closed for 30 days. Gonna pick up some equipment later today and do at home guided workouts. Thankfully I have a pull up bar, some dumbbells and a jump rope already at home.

Im gonna use the next 30 days to get one fucking strict pull up. Its hanging in my office door. So as many times as i walk past it im going to practice.

u could try this for pull-up training. tie some rope to a dumbbell, drape it over the pull-up bar, and tie the other side to your waist/belt/pant loops. a carabiner or two would help if u got em. u can use diff weights to adjust how much help you get. this way u can do a good # of reps.

That counts as cardio, right?

If you're ding it right.

True story, no embellishments:

Hand surgery on “strong hand.”
Cast for two months.
I was single :(
Two weeks in my SBU was infinite (near death).
Three days later I achieved ambidexterity.
SBU reduced to normal levels.
PLesson learned: if there’s a will, there is a way ;)

SO MUCH WIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back