• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went on a run with the kiddos yesterday and good god it hurt still. What really sucked was my knee started twinging right after warm-up and starting the run portion. I hate that shit. I straight-legged through it and it finally went away and could at least jog without hurting it. 47 years old with surgically repaired knees is no way to go through life son.......

Going to hit it again tonight and try to show my body who the boss is hopefully it doesn't retaliate with a cardiac event......

this may be the complete opposite of proper recovery.

Jump rope work today

Warmup - Jump rope
Tabata style - 4 mins - 20 sec on 10 sec rest for 8 rounds

- 2 rounds -
10/10/10 plank - elbows and both sides
10 reverse crunches (knees to elbows)

Part 1 - 5:00
Double under practice - I have the whip marks to prove I suck at these

Part 2 - For time
200 single unders
21 Body Builders
150 Single unders
15 Body Builders
100 Single unders
9 Body Builders

total time 7:05

Part 3 - 5 rounds - 20lb DB
10x curls
10 tricep extensions
10 Russian twists

Wow! :thumbup

EDIT: I just youtubed Body Builders :wow

Last edited:
Breakfast: Two slices of bacon, two eggs, strawberries, apple slices and a bunch of coffee.

Lunch: Nay-THANG!

Totally fasted training sesh:

5 - 2min rounds of rope (barefoot)
5 - 2min rounds of slip rope drills
10 - 2min rounds of double end bag

50 tricep extensions
50 band lat pullovers

Sweated 78 gallons of water. Stoked because I’m at the point again where I don’t even breathe out of my mouth when jumping rope anymore which means I’m getting more fit with my cardio.

Huge bowl of Shin Ramen with two eggs, and I’m done eating for the day at 6:30pm :thumbup:thumbup

Last edited:
4 mile run at 7;22 pace for first 2 miles, 8;10 on the way back (heartrate touched 192 on the hills at the 7:22 pace, backed off)
reverse hypers and voodoo flossing and most of broga done for the day

lunch:
4 pepperidge farm cookies
8 marshmellow oreos
2 scoops of isolate protons
2 beef hotdogs
2 pieces of white bread
2 eggs

dinner will be:
16oz ribeye
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

Last edited:
I just looked up body builders on YT and they are definitely not what I did, Lizard :laughing

It’s just a burpee without the push up. Since I fucked up my shoulder I’m avoiding doing “push” exercises.

Just bend down, kick your feet out, kick them back in, stand up, repeat.

this may be the complete opposite of proper recovery.

Probably but screw it I had to show my old ass body who the boss was tonight. Actually made it farther before I gassed out and had to walk a bit. the knee did okay this time no pain probably going to recover tomorrow have to make a grocery/hardware run so that will take up most of the day then some yard work and maybe try and clean my perpetually messy garage.

I just looked up body builders on YT and they are definitely not what I did, Lizard :laughing

It’s just a burpee without the push up. Since I fucked up my shoulder I’m avoiding doing “push” exercises.

Just bend down, kick your feet out, kick them back in, stand up, repeat.

:thumbup

Btw, you’re strong :wow

so far this week

monday weight training + HIIT
tuesday cycling 45m 3400ft elevation
wednesday cycling 43m 3100ft elevation
thurs cycling 50m 4400ft of elevation
today weight training + HIIT

picked up a cycling bike (borrowed) about 3 weeks ago. been enjoying it up in here in the north bay. probably average 150-200miles per week.

home gym consists of

assault bike
c2 rower
solid pullup bar
3-4 olympic barbells
500+lbs of olympic bumper plates
kettle bells ranging 25-72lbs
plyobox
med balls
squat stands
bench
assortment of bands/dumbells/med balls/jump rope/etc

legs are a little beat today. gonna do a lot of land mine and kettle bell work in a bit.

rows, presses, rotational work, pullups, turkish getups, carries, and some other stuff ill figure out along the way.

Stacked home gym

Is it ok to work out when still sort of recovering? Like if I skip a day for rest but the next day still feel sore should I wait another day or do the workout?

Is it ok to work out when still sort of recovering? Like if I skip a day for rest but the next day still feel sore should I wait another day or do the workout?

One of my goals was to work out less. I used to work out like 5x a week, and 1 day a week of full-on BMX sessions, or hard, hard Muay Thai. Not good. It’s more for mental than physical, though.

If you’re trying to get best-chest-of-the-west, def rest days is where it’s at. You know, you really don’t need much to build and maintain. Diet and rest is way more important than pull up form and how much one can bench. It’s how morbidly obese people lose 300lbs by dieting and simply walking. And for those who are already ripped, 1 day a week of “maintenance” of a muscle group is all that’s required. I remember my bodybuilding mentor was a guy who was ALWAYS in shape. He didn’t push heavy weights at all and won every contest in the masters class.

I enjoy training so much, I rest so I can go hard next session. Then rest again.

I personally have zero issue with 4 rest days.

Everyone is different.

Repeating an exercise usually reduces or eliminates my soreness. I’d bet that’s because I know my body, know how much recovery I need before repeating, and how hard I can push during the repeat. If I went too hard too soon, I’d expect more soreness. I get DOMS pretty bad on day 2 of recovery from a new exercise. So I tend to wait until day 3.

So you should probably experiment to figure it out. First repeat attempt, I’d try at least 2 days of recovery and 50% of the effort. If you feel great 2 days after that, increase effort or reduce recovery and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back