• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday I did my sets of pullups, mixing neutral grip, chin ups, and partial pull-ups since I still struggle with raising myself from hanging. Didn't have abdominal soreness. Also started adding in some hammer curls to build biceps and forearms and some bench dumbell presses. I'm gonna get there!

4 miles run.

lunch:
6 marshmellow oreos (didn't get to my chips ahoy as planned)
2 liters of water

dinner:
16oz ribeye steak
1 broccoli
2 eggs
2 cups of rice

remaining calories:
2 scoops of protein powder
chips
cookies

might switch to pasta this week since people are stupid and hoarding proteins at the store and my endless supply of ribeye might not be endless any longer.

this is the most random diet log Ive seen on this thread. :laughing

"cutting diet" just removes the extra chips and cookies at the end of the day. they're just calories lol

Yesterdays workout was mostly thrusters. 3 set for 6 rounds building.

35 - just empty bar

Today was more cardio focused:

Part 1 AMRAP 10:00
30ft sprint
body builder
step up and over 21in box
body builder
step up and over
sprint back
this equal 1 rep

I did a total of 25

Part 2 - Every 30 secs for 16 rounds - gassers, lines, or whatever it was called in school

20ft sprint
20ft sprint back
40ft sprint
40ft sprint back

Part 3 12:00 min grind

10 bear crawls
10 slashers - 20#
30 sec plank
30 sec superman hold

I did 4 rounds

I made it back out on the bike yesterday for 64mi & 4900ft. we did the same truck trail that destroyed my derailleur hanger 2 weeks ago. I made it through the corner this time. UNFORTUNATELY, my riding partner didnt. he passed me just before I started braking for the corner, forcing himself to a tighter inside line, and he tucked the front crashing a few feet from where I previously landed. thankfully he was mostly uninjured and his bike was ok.

we started this ride at 7am and thought we had time before the heat. so we added the huge climb in the middle. unfortunately, the dirt roads were chunkier, slower, rockier, and sandier nearly everywhere. a 5hr ride turned into 6hrs. by 11am, temps were in the 90s and I was destroyed. so we bailed on our final climb of the day (should have been at mile 57) and took the flat way back.

zIpfESj.png

Awesome man! :thumbup. Gokd stuff right there. That is a LOT of climbing

Yes. Eating chicken breast and broccoli florets, packed away in plastic “meal prep” containers - and then purging on a “cheat day” - with no intent to compete but only for vanity is insane and if anybody did it with any other substance would be viewed as having a mental disorder. That or getting ready for wedding pictures.

Almost every bodybuilder I knew and trained with had a history of addiction. I knew one guy - who was straight - who prostituted himself to older men for steroids. Many of the women I’ve met are not doing it for empowerment, but because of a deeply rooted body image issue. I guess being addicted to fitness is better than cutting, though.

I used to have horrible body image issues - still do to a certain extent. It’s going away as I get older. Why do you think I competed in bodybuilding?

So let’s define healthy. A fit person depriving themselves is not healthy. Dagle sounds completely healthy, he couldn’t run 4 miles if he wasn’t. When I would diet for competition, I would get ridiculously sick every time without fail. Interestingly, allowing myself to carry a little fat and enjoy cookies with my family, I’m a lot “healthier”.

Kinda reminds me of that Rippetoe quote --

“Bodybuilding is men on a stage in their underwear wearing brown paint showing other men their muscles. It is training for appearance only, and at the contest level requires a degree of vanity, narcissism, and self-absorption that I find distasteful and odd.”

back from 4mile run
workout:
-broga, band work, voodoo flossing, massagegunning
-reverse hypers
-digging out weights from storage

Lunch:
9 white fudge chocolate chunks chips ahoy
2 coke zeros

dinner:
spaghetti (1/2 a box)
16oz 80/20 ground beef
2 cups tomato sauce
1 cup garlic alfredo sauce
1 broccoli

snacks:
2 scoops of protons
more coke zeros
switch over to double stuf oreos

gonna see if i can dig out the barbells and weights tonight. then i'll need to find a flat surface (or make one) in the yard to do some oly training movements to get me through the next month. thinking i'll rotate days on hang cleans, split/squat jerks, and overhead work or whatever i can rig up on spare tires i have laying around.

Went out hard on the bike today, dropped 2 minutes off of my best time and raised my average speed by 0.8 mph. Got some bike shorts, so my butt isn't bruised afterwards. LOL

Squats x 6; lunges x 6; various ab exercises x 6.
Hate lunges, have learned to love ab stuff, which has become a daily thing.
Progress.

Went out hard on the bike today, dropped 2 minutes off of my best time and raised my average speed by 0.8 mph. Got some bike shorts, so my butt isn't bruised afterwards. LOL

Don’t forget to check your saddle height w the new chamois.

back from 4mile run
workout:
-broga, band work, voodoo flossing, massagegunning
-reverse hypers
-digging out weights from storage

Lunch:
9 white fudge chocolate chunks chips ahoy
2 coke zeros

dinner:
spaghetti (1/2 a box)
16oz 80/20 ground beef
2 cups tomato sauce
1 cup garlic alfredo sauce
1 broccoli

snacks:
2 scoops of protons
more coke zeros
switch over to double stuf oreos

gonna see if i can dig out the barbells and weights tonight. then i'll need to find a flat surface (or make one) in the yard to do some oly training movements to get me through the next month. thinking i'll rotate days on hang cleans, split/squat jerks, and overhead work or whatever i can rig up on spare tires i have laying around.

Please post topless selfie pics. Please.

Fun video where a guy tries the "Navy Seal Fitness Test".

He fails but I'd say with minimal training he'd probably make it. He did too many laps but his pool was shallow and I'm sure he stood up at times.

https://www.digg.com/video/guy-tries-us-navy-seals-fitness-test

That's the bare minimum requirement and if I'm not misteken he skipped the sit-ups. Regardless, it's brilliant with his Daniel Ricciardo voice.

today is either run 3 miles or cycle 10........

Im conflicted.

Please post topless selfie pics. Please.

That's the bare minimum requirement and if I'm not misteken he skipped the sit-ups. Regardless, it's brilliant with his Daniel Ricciardo voice.

He did the situps but I think missed one so failed.

I'd never even try this until I trained for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back