• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warmup 2 Rounds With a empty Barbell
5x Deadlifts
5x Power Cleans
5x Front Squats
5x BOdy builders
10x Alternating Rev Lunges
10x ring rows
Instep Stretch

Part 1 - 5 Rounds - Building
5x Front squats
3x Vertical Jumps after each set
Pigeon Stretch

65#
85#
105#
tried 135# got one rep so back to 115#
115#

Part 2 - 30min cap
400m Run
30x Box Jumps
30x Light Thrusters (empty bar)

4 rounds plus 200m - thrusters suck even with light weight

Also took the dog on a mile walk

3x5

Overhead Press
Chin Ups (these suck cause I'm fat)
Squat

Breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled with mushrooms, chicken apple sausage, and a big ass handful of baby spinach

Lunch - leftovers from last night. Salmon filet, brussels, cauliflower rice

Dinner - carribean jerk marinade chicken thighs. I like bone in skin on and then I don't eat the skin. More mushrooms, and a bunch of green beans.

also poured a whiskey with dinner.

If Cronometer is to be believed, I'm just under 1800 calories today.

Jumped in to a virtual race on zwift in A group. Just so much different than real racing, but I guess better than nothing. I feel like I am loosing fitness. :(

I’m annoyed that I couldn’t average 15 mph...

Attachments

• 795EE49E-284E-4B73-849E-B7EAB7D3B620.jpg
    795EE49E-284E-4B73-849E-B7EAB7D3B620.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 38
Pretty classic Ectomorph. I'm the same height and 210, Mesomorph. I don't know if one can become another but I'd be interested to learn if it's possible. I kinda feel like I'm an Endomorph waiting to happen.

Makes sense "The ectomorph is one of the three most common body types (somatotypes), characterized by a “thin frame” and difficulty to gain muscle mass as well as fat. People that belong to this somatotype are usually skinny, lean and have a high metabolic rate."

Sounds like me. :) My buddy is about my size and build and must weigh 15-20 lbs more.
--

I watched a video pullup progression of a petite Asian chick on Reddit and even at the end her form was terrible. Like if she did them correctly she could probably do a lot less.

---

Just went for a run finally. Feels good. Not as bad as I expected.

woke up late in the afternoon today, took my run fasted and the results weren't bad at all (34min). Debating running it back tomorrow fasted on a lunch break, but we'll see.

brobility and broga skipped today because my joints aren't liking this weather change. still doing PT homework and reverse hypers and will probably get through most of pushups and air squats. if i feel like it i'll do brobility/broga.

Lunch:
nothing

Dinner:
12-14oz NY strip steak
2 cups of rice
6oz 80/20 ground beef
an oz of colby jack cheese
1 broccoli

remaining cals:
2 scoops of proton (starting a new flavor today, strawberry isopure whey isolate)
tortilla chips + colby jack cheese
pepperidge farm cookies

Sunday was a chill ride day. I went riding w/ my strongest cycling friend (Cat 1) expecting him to destroy me. Instead we just went on a rain-y tempo chat ride. It was nice to socialize while on the bike and have some good convo these days. All the climbs, I sat with my HR around 165bpm. His was ~135bpm for the same output :laughing. Also, we brought face masks and got vegan donuts near the end.

tEM5Xey.jpg

Last edited:
Without going down a rabbit hole, for someone cycling for exercise only, do I really need to spend more than $1000 on an aluminum framed brand name bicycle?

Without going down a rabbit hole, for someone cycling for exercise only, do I really need to spend more than $1000 on an aluminum framed brand name bicycle?
I do fine on my $350 Cadillac bike, reasonably light and reasonable components.

I'm sure I'd be faster and more comfortable with higher end bikes, but it works fine for my purposes.

8fa60b818d1243028b795f8e610a9f75.jpg

Thanks thats what I thought. I have $450 REI credit. They have Cannondale bikes. Their most expensive aluminum is like $1400 so I could get it for $1000ish

Also I don't love drop bars but are they truly better for longer rides?

Last edited:
Thanks thats what I thought. I have $450 REI credit. They have Cannondale bikes. Their most expensive aluminum is like $1400 so I could get it for $1000ish

The aero position on a street bike makes a big difference when riding into wind or trying to get up to speed going downhill for climbing the next hill.

I don't really like the position, kind of hard on my neck, but I get into it strategically when I'm running at higher speeds. I've found it's good for at least 1.5 mph for top speed.

I'm sure that real riders in here can fill you in much more, I'm just an amateur at it and use it for pure exercise.

Kind of. Something something aero, but unless you have a good core and flexibility chances are you won't be in the drops, and handlebar height will be set high anyway.

That being said they do provide more hand positions, which is nice during longer rides. Although you can get bar extenders for MTB style bars and it will give similar choices.

Aluminum is stiff and makes for a less comfortable ride.
Instead of spending you REI credit on a new cheap bike that same amount of money could buy a much better slightly used bike.
Check the classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back