• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 mile run down, brogability and reverse hypers done, onto fluff work.

lunch:
8 pepperidge farm farmhouse thin & crispy cookies
2 liters of water

dinner:
16oz ribeye
1 broccoli
2 cups of rice
2 eggs

leftover calories:
2 scoops of proton
more cookies

skipped breakfast

lunch and dinner were the same.

crock pot salsa chicken tacos. jicima wraps instead of tortillas. guac, pepper jack, sauteed peppers and onions, TJ's jalapeno sauce.

couple extra slices of pepper jack as snacks.

couple of tellamore dew whiskys. rocks, no mixer.

about 1800 cals, if cronometer is to be believed.

also went on a 2 mile walk.

That's the same equipment my local gym uses. I agree, those things are nice. 90% of the stuff I did at the gym I'm doing at home now with bands and kettlebells but not being able to do a proper deadlift or squats is killing me.

I'm lucky that I don't do squats or deadlifts. F-those!

I gave serious thought to buying one of these, several years ago. You can hit every muscle group with them.

dcc2.jpg

They rule...seriously rule. That's a G624, one level up from the G424. That machine is about 500 lbs heavier!

If you do, let me know what you come up with. I'm not trying to hit crazy numbers either.

Climber: Whats that machine called and how much is it?

That's a Freemotion G624. Most of these for sale are reconditioned and cheaper thanks to that. Figure about $5800 for a G624 and $4200 or so for a G424. I think a 424 is plenty for home use. Freemotion is top notch stuff.

An MJ4 (life Fitness) is legit as well, but they're around $8K, reconditioned. They'll last a nuclear holocaust, but they're also $$.

Muscle D makes about the exact same thing, but a little cheaper in certain areas. They're $1K or so less. Also lookup a life fitness CMDAP. They're good machines as well.

MJ5's are about perfect, but they're into 5 figure price point.

Here's an MJ4 https://www.superfitnessgymequipmen...low-row-and-fully-adjustable-cable-crossover/

And an MJ5 (the difference is the vertical bar and side stack/ dual crossover).

frame_color:7016,shroud_inlay:8076,upholstery_color:516

However, for the best budget light commercial stuff, I think Hoist has the lockdown.

https://www.hoistfitness.com/

Last edited:
forgot yesterday.

3x5
Overhead Press
Chin Ups (fuuuuuck them)
Squats

Breakfast - sugar free energy drink

Lunch - 3 eggs scrambled with chicken apple sausage and some leftover peppers and onions sauteed fajita style

Dinner - buncha leftover shredded chicken with some cauliflower rice and chopped up a couple mini sweet peppers and some hot/sweet jalapeno slices from TJs. At that point it started almost looking like fried rice, so I cracked an egg into the whole thing and then topped it all with some guac when I served it.

Then I was still super hungry and by my calculations WAY under calories for the day. I had a 1lb bag of green beans and some bacon so I sliced the bacon super small and roasted it with the green beans.

Had a drink later cause I played CAH online with a couple friends. Cronometer says about 1750 calories for the day.

Today was a good one. Was drenched in sweat

4 rounds
12 Romanian deadlifts - building - Last 2 sets were 135#
12 dead bugs

25:00 Grind

50# sandbag squat clean
10 Horizontal rows
10 tricep extensions - 25#
4 jump squats
2 jumping lunges
2 body builders

repeat

I did 10 full rounds plus another set of Squat cleans, horizontal row and tricep extensions

Run #2 in the bag. Got a cramp on the first lap and just slowed down for a bit and started up and stopped again and it went away and then I had a good jog around the park multiple times. Felt much stronger than run #1.

another 4 miles down, 8:20 pace with the first two miles at a 7:44 pace. im gonna try bombing the two miles on the weekend to see if i can get close to 7:00 on the clip. also found my barbell, it's formed some surface rust that i'll restore on the weekend. not sure if im gonna use acid or wire brush on a grinder yet to fix it

brogability going now. realized that im not flexible enough to effectively do wall slides and make progress (several confounding issues) but realized i can do wall slides laying down. after 10-15 minutes of wall slides (probably 100-200 working through the full range) i gain about an inch of mobility where i can get close to a neutral wall slide but still a couple inches from touching the wall. have to check in with my PT in a few days and figure out if this is her intended effect or if i can add resistance to accelerate progress.

lunch:
2 hebrew national hotdogs
2 ball park buns
3 eggs
4 pepperidge farm farmhouse cookies

dinner:
12oz ribeye
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

remaining cals:
2 scoops of protons
chips ahoy classic cookies

I haven't gotten the runner's high but I feel unusually good for a few hours afterwards. Hopefully won't be sore for 2-3 days again.

Quitting drinking for 30 days on Monday, might as well work on diet at the same time.

its one of those things where it's mostly ok to chase the dragon

breakfast - sugar free energy drink

lunch - poke salad from safeway. Spring mix, spicy tuna, salmon, crab, cucumber, carrot, mango, edamame, poke sauce.

dinner - 2 roasted chicken thighs (removed skin), sweet italian sausage + spicy italian sausage, bell peppers, onion, and brussel sprouts over cauliflower rice.

If Cronometer is to be believe, 1550 calories.

Went on a 4 mile walk for physical activity.

I'd love to have a complete Hoist setup but it would have to come assembled. I'm not building that shit, no way no how.

I dig the shit outa the MJ5's from Life Fitness. Not cheap, but Yolo, or something. They'll set the things up for about $800 or something.

So I was kind of stiff yesterday after the run but today I am not sore at all unlikely Monday through Wednesday

Excited to go again tomorrow.

I dig the shit outa the MJ5's from Life Fitness. Not cheap, but Yolo, or something. They'll set the things up for about $800 or something.

I have a commercial rack, lat machine, rower, and bench, and a really decent stack of plates and dumbbells. It's hard to justify changing things up.... but that setup is where I would have gone had I the means when I started this life six years ago.

With that said, bent over rows kicking my ass today. And I'm struggling with maintaining a consistent diet. Fucking peanut butter pretzels will be my destruction. Straight up crack rock.

I have a commercial rack, lat machine, rower, and bench, and a really decent stack of plates and dumbbells. It's hard to justify changing things up.... but that setup is where I would have gone had I the means when I started this life six years ago.

With that said, bent over rows kicking my ass today. And I'm struggling with maintaining a consistent diet. Fucking peanut butter pretzels will be my destruction. Straight up crack rock.

Bent rows....definitely my number 2 after pullups/chin-ups.

this warmer weather is making it rly ez to for me to climb after work. it also seems like I climb a lot better when its not chilly or windy. the conditions shouldn't make that much of a difference. the wind should dry our fingers and make it easier to climb. but I think the mental confidence of feeling more comfortable is contributing to performance a lot.

last nights session was the strongest ive had in years. heres the breakdown.
V0, V1, 3x V3, V4, V5, V6, V5, V6

my wall has about a dozen climbs V7+, so those are coming soon.

this warmer weather is making it rly ez to for me to climb after work. it also seems like I climb a lot better when its not chilly or windy. the conditions shouldn't make that much of a difference. the wind should dry our fingers and make it easier to climb. but I think the mental confidence of feeling more comfortable is contributing to performance a lot.

last nights session was the strongest ive had in years. heres the breakdown.
V0, V1, 3x V3, V4, V5, V6, V5, V6

my wall has about a dozen climbs V7+, so those are coming soon.
I always climbed better when it was warmer...up to a point, over 100 and my shoes got too hot and a little greasy after awhile.

You're obviously a strong climber. Anything over V5 is getting into a realm where only a small percentage of climbers can do it.

Last edited:
I always climbed better when it was warmer...up to a point, over 100 and my shoes got too hot and a little greasy after awhile.

You're obviously a strong climber. Anything over V5 is getting into a realm where only a small percentage of climbers can do it.

ive done 1 V9, 2 V8s, and a handful of V7s outside... all years ago before I started racing MotoAmerica. I always had a goal of accomplishing a V10+ climb, but never managed it. the last V10 I tried, I blew a tendon in my right ring finger like an idiot. these past few years of not-really-climbing, it has felt very weird to be significantly worse at something than my best. this is really the first time in my life that has ever happend. ive mostly comes to terms with it and I think ill be fine with never accomplishing that goal. but these gains are sure making it ez to get addicted to climbing again :laughing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back