• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abs everyday, becauss they are so fun!

I row 20-40 minutes everyday and do 100 weighted leg lifts (10 sets of 8-10) EOD.

There's a massive market for "Night Cereal", I've been preaching for a decade almost. Cereal is poised to take the night with the right marketing.

Thanks for the link Beau...I'm ordering Magic C now!

Brah, say hi to Gabi (the CEO) from Beau of Lagunitas, she da kine. (and no, it won't get you a discount, even I pay retail).

Ugh. I need to kick up my cardio more. But I hate it. HATE.

Get a weight vest. Find a hill. Proceed to hate until love overtakes you.

Which it will in time.

I have one. Its only 20lbs. I want one that goes at least up to 50 but im also not willing to pay 200$ :p

gym is selling things AT COST -_-

200$ for the barbell

and another 190$ if I keep the plates I have (2$/pound) shits crazy but I get it, he's trying to make as much money as he can.

thinking ill wait to let things die down and if I wanted to buy I might as well buy brand new!

Get a weight vest. Find a hill. Proceed to hate until love overtakes you.

Which it will in time.
I used to train for carrying a 100# pack up a steep mountain trail with my dad each year for early October.

I prepared by running a 4 mile loop with 1200 vertical feet positive elevation change (and same amount negative). At n-90 days I would start in with the weight vest, increasing the weight each week up to 40 lbs. I found that up to 30 lbs felt ok, but above that I really started feeling like I was pounding on my knees and ankles. For reference, I was about 220.

During our hour long monday all hands meeting I just put on an earbud and did my pullups, pushups, bench press and rows and stretching while on the call. Good way to wake up.

I dun fucked something up. Hip flexor this time. I kinda sorta did the warm up. :/

in the last part of the workout it was power squat clean. I felt it when I did the 3rd one and it was getting stiff fairly quickly. I could feel it every time I bent down to pick up the bar. from my hip down my quad. so decided to stretch a bit more and not continue. :/

4 mile run down, decided to blast down one way to see what time i could get on a normal day. tracked 7:19/mile the way there. walked a few blocks and jogged back much slower.

brogability and reverse hypers still owed and figuring out what lifts to do starting wednesdy after my PT appointment.

Lunch:
6 chunky chips ahoy cookies
1/2 a bag of cheddar and sour cream ruffles

dinner:
16oz ground beef
1 broccoli
rice or macaroni

leftover cals:
2 scoops of proton powder
more cookies and ruffles

I walked the 3.3 miles to work today. Yoga tonight at home with everybodylosangeles.com.

grilled chicken salad with black beans for breakfast/lunch. Dinner TBD. Didn't want a full tummy during yoga.

Down 42 lbs since i started this little venture. :)

https://www.greatlakesgirya.com/col...hat-save-you-money/products/bench-squat-combo

Does this seem like a good deal? Comes out to be about $1410 USD. Though I dont know the quality of the equipment I'm getting.

pretty terrible price for regular pre-rona times. you could get much better equipment for the price or you could wait until big5/sportsauthority go on sale and get the 295lb (2x of each plate plus 45lb on the bar) barbell set for 200$ sometimes (same mediocre quality as the one you linked).

if you're looking to spend the ~1200-1500 dollars, some of the vendors/brands that i'm a fan of are elitefts.com (dave tate) and rogue.com who helped connect several different strength communities together and made very good equipment for each use case. i think you could get most of what you want with your budget.

Last edited:
I walked the 3.3 miles to work today. Yoga tonight at home with everybodylosangeles.com.

grilled chicken salad with black beans for breakfast/lunch. Dinner TBD. Didn't want a full tummy during yoga.

Thats amazing TWT! Keep it up girl! <3

Seriously baddass, that took commitment.

Thanks. Doctor said I was prediabetic in January of 2019. I said eff that! I gained a little back over the holidays because I wasn't using my app or weighing in. I needed scale batteries. :rolleyes

I've been slow and steady at losing my weight through a better diet combined with darn near daily yoga mixed up with walking and Zumba when I can catch the classes. I'm buying a bike that doesn't hurt my shoulders so I can bicycle commute and get back to doing longer rides for pleasure.

I'm finding the fitter I become the better I ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back