• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
another 4 miles down, brogability done

lunch:
1/4 bag of spicy nacho doritos

dinner:
16oz slice of leftover ribeye roast
1 broccoli
2 cups of rice

leftover calories:
2 scoops of protons

I did 50 minutes of Pony Sweat class (aerobics) followed by 60 minutes of relatively chill yoga today.

More chicken salad with black beans and pico de gallo as my dressing. Enjoyed a big cheesy corn quesadilla, too. No regrets.

Instead of a nap I took my run. No leg stiffness and soreness this time and the inner thighs feel good.

Did the pullup/chest routine this morning too.

4 miles down (13 minute pace today) decided to take it easy and work on something else. might start walking in addition to running just to up my mileage. will see in the coming weeks since barbells are coming back in this weekend. :teeth

lunch:
~1/2 a bag of spicy nacho doritos
1/2 liter of water

dinner:
16oz ribeye roast
1 broccoli
2 cups of rice
2-3 coke zeros since we're gamin today

leftover cals:
2 scoops of proton powder

I’ve been stretching my legs twice daily for years now to alleviate back pain. I can touch my toes without warming up now.

This felt pretty good. Felt like I was pushing pretty hard for me.

Attachments

• D3F3ADFB-CE00-418B-B77D-DA83B10F78D5.jpg
    D3F3ADFB-CE00-418B-B77D-DA83B10F78D5.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 893A3631-F3F5-4602-A109-4BB06AF27DA2.jpg
    893A3631-F3F5-4602-A109-4BB06AF27DA2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 36
What’s the best app for tracking running distance etc on a phone? I got an arm strap combined with Bluetooth headphones it’s awesome.

strava is pretty good, a heart rate monitor is also a nice trinket to measure progress if you want to do it consistently.

I just use Google Fit. It can also sync the food tracking and lifting apps I use.

This felt pretty good. Felt like I was pushing pretty hard for me.
Nice job! :thumbup

I was talking with my brother, his rear sprocket ends with an 11 tooth gear, mine was 14-15. To get over 25 mph I'm spinning my pedals like a hamster on a wheel. I ordered a new sprocket (12-32T) that should help me not have to get my pedals spinning at warp speed down hills. :laughing

What’s the best app for tracking running distance etc on a phone? I got an arm strap combined with Bluetooth headphones it’s awesome.

When I run lately I am using the default samsung health app it will track your distance and break it down for you also. If you want you can also set a distance goal and it will give you an audible breakdown over your Bluetooth so if you set it for 3 miles it will tell you when you are at the halfway point in case you want to head back to start at that point.

Usually I run on the treadmill so don't know all the apps functionality the treadmill normally keeps track of it for me.

Finally got the old weight bench back together for the back room. I was going to buy a new one but why (?) since I found all the pieces again.:teeth

A2.jpg

BARF demographic isnt THAT young. im 34 and feel like im one of the younger ones in here.

I got 19 years on you.

Bent over rows, fucking hell. I posted a pic for my coach and got the thumbs up on flaring my elbows enough for a rear delt/rhomboid pinch. Did some lat pulldowns, rowed, and 100 leg lifts to round out the day. No running today, giving the legs a rest that they'll need for tomorrow morning's torture session.

Whey protein shake, spinach, egg/wheat/oat pancake, and a chicken are the highlights of my diet.

Attachments

• BentRow5_2020.jpg
    BentRow5_2020.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 57
1/4 mile into my run I rolled my ankle, the remaining 3.75 miles were pretty slow (9:30ish pace) but I’ll take it. The last few miles felt relatively normal. It’s the bum ankle that I’ve broken, dislocated and sprained repeatedly so I’m not too worried about it.

Lunch:
12oz ground beef
2oz Colby Jack cheese
2 wonder hamburger buns
vanilla orange coke zero

Dinner:
16oz ribeye roast slice
1 broccoli
2 cups of rice
2 coke zeros

Leftover cals:
2 scoops of protons