• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day one of no drinking successful

After two weeks of no drinking, I bet you lose 5-10 pounds. I have no idea what you weigh, but it seems almost universal for those that are regular consumers of fun, albeit, bad for you calories.

For just plates and bars I'd check Play it Again Sports first. Should be half the price of new.

Not right now. Prices are fucking insane because of the SIP.

I see weight plates going for 2 or 3 bucks per pound.

Not right now. Prices are fucking insane because of the SIP.

I see weight plates going for 2 or 3 bucks per pound.

I can remember being bitter about $1 per pound prices on the used market.

Gym owner is going around today to pick up equipment.

I texted him to find out if there was some kind of rental? He called and wasn’t really answering my question. He was just telling me his plans for virtual training. Said he will have a version with a barbell and one that you can make do without.

Eventually I’m like “so do you want the stuff back?”

He said he didn’t want to give away too much detail as he was sending another email.

“Ok cool. I’m just wondering if I should try and start building my own stuff” eventually he’s like “you’re keeping your shit so don’t worry about it”

:laughing still no idea what that actually means, but at least I get to keep my barbell and plates.

After two weeks of no drinking, I bet you lose 5-10 pounds. I have no idea what you weigh, but it seems almost universal for those that are regular consumers of fun, albeit, bad for you calories.

I am guessing 5 lbs. I weigh around 170 but have fat on my belly area. Drinking is like drinking sugar.

I walked the 3.3 miles to work today. Yoga tonight at home with everybodylosangeles.com.

grilled chicken salad with black beans for breakfast/lunch. Dinner TBD. Didn't want a full tummy during yoga.

Down 42 lbs since i started this little venture. :)

Hell yeah R! You and Kim are killing it during Covid-hell...

Hell yeah R! You and Kim are killing it during Covid-hell...

I just wanna go fast on motorcycles and not catch the 'beetus. :laughing

And thanks.

I did American Supercamp earlier this spring. The squats and lunges I'd been doing during my workouts meant I had way more endurance than previous camps. That was awesome.

I just wanna go fast on motorcycles and not catch the 'beetus. :laughing

And thanks.

I did American Supercamp earlier this spring. The squats and lunges I'd been doing during my workouts meant I had way more endurance than previous camps. That was awesome.

Hopefully we can catch some on track time together this season...

My bike wasn't feeling as smooth as I wanted it, so I bought a bike mechanics kit and re-greased the bearings including the Cup and Cone bottom bracket, which was much more involved than the front and back hubs. That was a real learning process, but after several redo's got it just right, the bike was silky smooth on my ride today!

Always cool to learn new skills. Next I"m going to figure out how to adjust the spokes to ensure they're all within proper tolerances.

Hopefully we can catch some on track time together this season...

I bought a track pack with PTT. I'm missing t hill west this weekend so hoping I can catch a day there with another TDP. Always willing to hit Sonoma as well. I bought an FZ1 finally. Can't wait to track that bad girl.

Let's do it!

Missed Monday - thought I was having some sort of allergic reaction so I took benadryl and had no energy.

Still wasn't really feeling it yesterday, but I lifted anyway and dropped the weight some.

3x5
Overhead press
Chinups
Squats

Skipped breakfast as usual.
Lunch - 3 eggs scrambled with peppers, mushrooms, and chicken apple sausage
Dinner - lettuce wrapped grilled chicken sandwich with pepper jack and avocado, sweet potato fries

also had a beer and whiskey cause I was with a few friends at a social distance tailgate thing a restaurant downtown did. The number on the scale has been going down though.

My bike wasn't feeling as smooth as I wanted it, so I bought a bike mechanics kit and re-greased the bearings including the Cup and Cone bottom bracket, which was much more involved than the front and back hubs. That was a real learning process, but after several redo's got it just right, the bike was silky smooth on my ride today!

Always cool to learn new skills. Next I"m going to figure out how to adjust the spokes to ensure they're all within proper tolerances.

cup and cone bottom bracket, oh my.

u need a spoke tension tool to do that properly. Park Tool TM-1 is the one I have. you can strum them. the sound will let you know if a spoke is way out of tension compared to the others. but you'll never know if they are in-spec. ive rubbed paint off my carbon frame because my rear wheel spoke tension was 30% too low and the strum method said they were all equal :(

Last edited:
I started a martial arts Instagram account. I was lumping martial arts into my BMX/motorcycle/personal life stuff and I wanted an account I could share with my students and training partners. I do how-to's and show off training stuff. Some of my students and parents are following it, so I have to be a bit more "censored", but it's cool.

The account is www.instagram.com/mr.d_karate

Last week I was in our pool and out of curiosity I took a breath and relaxed...and sank. It wasn't a slow, barely non-boyant, it was a pretty steady sink.

I don't know what my body fat is, but it must be pretty good to be sinking. I used to sink like a rock as a kid when my body fat was around 4-6 percent.

Still, it was a pleasant discovery.

Breakfast - super duper healthy sugar free energy drink

Lunch - 3 eggs scrambled with 1 chicken apple sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers, and some diced jalapenos.

Dinner - turkey meatballs in Rao's low carb marinara with some more mushrooms over cauliflower rice.

If you believe Cronometer, just shy of 1700 calories.

3x5

Bench Press
Barbell Rows
Deadlifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back