• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve move up one belt notch & probably gained 5-6 lbs thanks to asshole in Wuhan who ate a bat.

Hideous.

Dude, me too, but I don't have an excuse.

Having to take it easy again today, didn't get much/any sleep, brain is trying to kill me again.

20 minute row
10 sets of leg lifts to failure, probably in the nature of 160 lifts
20 minute row (too hot to run hills)
surf, yeah, I still know how FTMFW!

2500 calories of whey protein, whole grains, chicken, egg whites, almond crackers; and of course some penut butter pretzels for a treat.

I surfed once! In fact you took me.

I must have missed the home gym setup - what do you do for leg lifts?

I surfed once! In fact you took me.

I must have missed the home gym setup - what do you do for leg lifts?

Dude that was a great camp out; Bap, young Andrew, and a few other essential BARFers. Good memory.

I have a Champion Barbel ab/dip station, the other option is hanging leg lifts. There's a chick on Youtube who's got killer form, which is essential if you want to get the good results. I'll look for the vid....

If you can't hang or don't have a station then laying on your back leg lifts work too, but I have no experience with those.

Last edited:
I tried OMAD for awhile (or a variation of it) - it was, and still is, helpful when I'm traveling or otherwise eating out.

Outside of that, it became problematic when I started upping my workouts, so I ended up playing around with a few other options to see what worked best for me, and ultimately found out that I do best (if trying to shed some fat without losing muscle/fitness) on a lower carb diet (NOT keto or even "low" carb, just "lower" carb).

Some folks do great on the OMAD thing, but even many in a group I was in for awhile said that if you're working out hard and/or multiple times a day, it's unlikely to be real sustainable (always exceptions, that was just generally what they found).

Yah I think it works best on my off days. 16:8 is great for maintaining but I cant seem to cut down my bf %. I'm currently 155 lbs. but last time I checked my bf % was like 18-20%.

Our gym might be opening back up on Friday.

Figuring out how to keep my exposure as low as possible. They've apparently spent the last month moving equipment around to ensure 6 foot distance between everybody. They've added to their non-touch hand sanitizer stations that they already had around the gym long before this virus came around.

I realized that masks would be necesary, and not the vented kind. I also realized that I would need to have 2 towels, one to wipe machines and a separate one to wipe my face, the trick will be to keep that towel out of contact with anything but my own body and a location that won't come in contact with the machines. I'l probably clip my towel to my upper shoulder. And use hand sanitizer often.

I will probably ride my bike to the gym, so the key will be to put the clothes I wore into the laundry. For the days I don't ride there, I'll probably use plastic to seperate my clothes from the locker walls, wash my hands well before putting them back on. Workout clothes put into a bag and put into the laundry when I get home.

I think that I'll likely evolve my precautions as I go through the process a few days.

It will be good to get back in the gym and back into a routine. I had the means to get a good workout at home, but it wasn't nearly to the level that I get in a gym with the variety of machines that I use.

Dude that was a great camp out; Bap, young Andrew, and a few other essential BARFers. Good memory.

I have a Champion Barbel ab/dip station, the other option is hanging leg lifts. There's a chick on Youtube who's got killer form, which is essential if you want to get the good results. I'll look for the vid....

If you can't hang or don't have a station then laying on your back leg lifts work too, but I have no experience with those.

I actually have a full power rack. Someday when shit is back in stock I'll be able to just get the dip bar attachment

OOH.

and that reminded me to check and see if the attachment set was back in stock yet anywhere. Walmart online had it.

2 J-hooks, 2 dip bars, a landmine attachment, and 2 olympic plate holders. wooot.

Attachments

• img_02819_2000x2000.jpg
    img_02819_2000x2000.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 59
the one in the top left hand corner. You stick the end of a barbell into it

Just got confirmation, my gym is opening back up on Friday! :party

No appointments, like 24hr fitness.

Just found out mine is reopened as well! Now I just got to get my membership unfrozen LOL

I used to like the gym because if the equipment they have that I do not but now I find despite that it's more efficient to work out at home.

I do miss a proper power tower.

Just got confirmation, my gym is opening back up on Friday! :party

No appointments, like 24hr fitness.

I hope mine burns to the ground. Don't EVER join a club that gets bought by Bay Club. I'm searching for a new club now...

3x5 today

Bench Press, Barbell Rows, Deadlifts.

Breakfast - Energy Drink SUGAR FREE SO IT'S HEALTHY

Lunch - 3 eggs scrambled with some bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and a couple leftover slices of tri-tip.

Dinner - turkey meatballs with Rao's marinara sauce and Shiritaki Spaghetti. Not 100% sure about the shiritaki stuff, it's definitely not a noodle but it wasn't horrible.

about 1600 cals or so.

I used to like the gym because if the equipment they have that I do not but now I find despite that it's more efficient to work out at home.

I do miss a proper power tower.

It doesnt take that much equipment to get a good workout. I hate gyms.

I can always lift more in a gym than home but home again today.
Squats, deadlifts, 30 minutes spin bike. Not digging deadlifts. Maybe crunches later.

No breakfast, no lunch, chicken breast roast potatoes and corn for supper.
Maybe wings an hour from now.

My new thing is swimming.

Felt like meh.... maybe skip a day.
Said to myself on the way home from work....

“Don’t be a lazy fuck do 40 laps”.

Got that and again.. thought “don’t go backwards get 50”

Then... get your 60 in stick.

About 50 minutes.

:cool

Repeat tomorrow.

Goal = 100 in an hour.

Work to do.

Great job, Budman!

I couldn't do it, I know swim team kids could. I swam the mile at boy scout camp, but it took me an hour and some of the kids finished it in 25 minutes doing the crawl the whole way. I worked both sides of the side stroke.

This did not feel like the longest ride I have been on.

Attachments

• A865EA8D-5109-4297-89F8-6255DDB5104B.jpg
    A865EA8D-5109-4297-89F8-6255DDB5104B.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 63
  • C16CD899-A7C8-4261-8CB1-9DF9FBFB6138.jpg
    C16CD899-A7C8-4261-8CB1-9DF9FBFB6138.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 50
  • 3D905965-1ABB-4A8B-8CCE-36A282CA967A.jpg
    3D905965-1ABB-4A8B-8CCE-36A282CA967A.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.