• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis, FUCK YEAH!!! I can’t wIt to start swimming regularly again. I did a solo ocean swim in capitola last week. I felt like bait the whole time.

Last edited:
I eated a big super burrito and feel fat. So big that I couldn't even eat a cup of Chunky Ben and Jerry's for dessert.

I bicycled 20-25 miles the last three days and did 30-40 pushups. What should I do tomorrow??

(Oh yeah, thanks for the mention earlier in this thread Holeshot... I don't know why were you thinking of me.. ;) this here is like my only post in the thread so far. Maybe I should have joined (get pumped) sooner! :banana)

Last edited:
4 miles down, brogability completed and put my squat rack together but didn't torque it down yet. bolts are hand tight but want to make sure the corners are squared evenly. looks like i'll be ready to resume weightlifting this week which is a nice change to our current situation.

lunch:
totino's combination party pizza

dinner:
3 eggs
8 oz ground beef
1 nathans hot dog (16oz)
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

leftover calories:
2 scoops of protons
2 pepperidge farm tahoe cookies

Great job, Budman!

I couldn't do it, I know swim team kids could. I swam the mile at boy scout camp, but it took me an hour and some of the kids finished it in 25 minutes doing the crawl the whole way. I worked both sides of the side stroke.

FYI. My laps are probably 1/2 an olympic pool. :laughing
Don’t want you to think I am kicking more ass than I am. :p

Swimming has never been my thing but seems like the best thing for this OG at the moment. Combined with my weird ass push up and squat office routine every day lets say improvise is the keyword.

:laughing

Good call.

If I need a coach slap me. I got moto’s to ride.

HOME GYM
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 10, 2020

4x10 - Bodyweight Squat
4x10 - Incline Push on Table
3x10 - DB Press
3x10 - DB Flye
3x10 - DB Incline Flye on Bed
3x10 - DB Incline Press on Bed
3x10 - DB Press
3x10 - DB Lateral Raise
3x10 - DB Bent Over Raise
3x15 - DB OH Tri Extension

FOOD

• Ham and Cheese Croissant
• Viet Coffee
• 4 oz Turkey, Hummus & 2 Slices Ezekiel Sesame
• Nonfat Greek Yogurt
• Cherries
• 3 Hard Eggs
• Pre Workout
• Post Workout
• 4oz Turkey straight up

MACROS

Improving but still suck-ass.

Going heavy on the flat bench today, injury seems okay with it. I'm also trying not to leave any in the bucket despite not having a spot. We'll see how that works out.

Soundtrack: Black Sabbath Greatest Hits 1970

20 minute row
Benchpress sets of 8 to failure (heavy today, hoping 12-15 sets)
Cardio intensive trail run later: ~13,500 steps/4.4 miles/97 floors climbed
I'll prolly get in a little surf with the boys too.

I ate a 6oz steak before bed along with a couple handfuls of peanut butter pretzels. Today will ideally consist of 2200 calories in whey protein, bean chips, oatmeal, egg whites, spinach, and of course peanut butter pretzels. Lotsa coffee too... always lost of coffee.

Black Sabbath \m/

I wake up every morning with my knee super sore. Appt with ortho isn’t until NEXT Friday. :(

Also awesome job Budman :thumbup keep it up!

I could probably do upper body stuff.... Injuries suck. And I feel like crap.

Black Sabbath.. weights.. hard to beat. Rock that shit Beau!

Thanks Kimmeh!! Will try.. every day!

:laughing

Not right now..maybe post covid coaching. I certainly could use help on my stroke. :teeth

4 miles down, brogability in progress, and squat rack assembled. Snugged down all the bolts and it hasn’t collapsed yet, so I’m gonna call it good. Gonna try to do some floor press later and trying to figure out the most convenient way to incorporate running into lifting daily. I don’t really want to wash 3 sets of clothes per day.

Lunch:
1 Totinos party pizza
1 liter of water

Dinner:
8oz ground beef
1/2 jar pasta sauce
2 cups of macaroni
1 beef hot dog
1 broccoli

Leftover calories:
2 scoops of protons
1/4 of amazon brand vanilla ice cream

My day

Swimming - 60 laps .. 46 minutes (improvement)

230 plus push ups ... fun to do in my empty office. :laughing
Wide and close arm back to back, multiple sets obviously:laughing

2 sets of 40 squats....(was doing 4 sets of 40)
I have found that more squats plus the swimming gives me cramps/spasm in my quad. Just one of them. :p

I am sure that will fade.

Covid training on the fly.

Just heard my gym opens at the end of the month.

Not feeling it.

Last edited:
HOME GYM
(One 25-lb Adjustable DB)
THURSDAY, JUNE 11, 2020

3x20 - DB Bent Over Row
3x20 - DB Reverse Grip Bent Over Row
3x10 - DB Snatch
3x15 - DB Curl
1x30 - Push Up
12x30 Seconds - Jumping Jacks

1-Mile Run

FOOD

• 3-Egg Omelette & 1 Slice Ezekiel
• Viet Coffee
• Grapes
• Orange
• 4 oz Turkey, Hummus & 2 Slices Ezekiel sesame
• Pro Shake
• 3 oz Turkey
• Pre Work Out
• Post Work out
• Panda Express Teriyaki Pigeon & Vaggies
• Pro Shake

MACROS

Improving but still suck-ass shit fuck.

My day

Swimming - 60 laps .. 46 minutes (improvement)

230 plus push ups ... fun to do in my empty office. :laughing
Wide and close arm back to back.

2 sets of 40 squats....(was doing 4 sets of 40)
I have found that more squats plus the swimming gives me cramps/spasm in my quad. Just one of them. :p

I am sure that will fade.

Covid training on the fly.

Just heard my gym opens at the end of the month.

Not feeling it.

Lay-jit, Bud.

So yesterday I weighed 164.3 lbs and today I weighed in at 162.5 lbs. I peed like 5x last night (I drink a lot of water right up until I go to bed), and that water must have weighed a fair bit. So am I 'dehydrated' when I wake up and thus lighter?

Also says I'm down to 17.8% fat.

So yesterday I weighed 164.3 lbs and today I weighed in at 162.5 lbs. I peed like 5x last night (I drink a lot of water right up until I go to bed), and that water must have weighed a fair bit. So am I 'dehydrated' when I wake up and thus lighter?

Thanks for the reminder about drinking water.

And great job on the 17.8 BF. What was your starting BF & how many belt punch holes have you moved up?

Water takes several hours to go through your system, if you don't want to wake up all night peeing, you have to stop drinking about 2-1/2 hours before going to bed.

No, you aren't dehydrated when you wake up, unless you're sleeping in very warm and dry conditions. Your body is going to process out excess fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back