• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So am I 'dehydrated' when I wake up and thus lighter?

This is why morning abs are mo better than evening abs, and you're not dehydrated but definitely in water deficit.

Soundtrack:The Cars "Candy- O"

20 minute row
Bent over rows sets of 12 (light, working on form)
10 sets of knee raises to failure
Lat pull downs sets of 8 to failure 10 @ 212lbs.

Ideally I'll eat under 2300 calories in whey protein, spinach, fish, bean chips, and maybe a handful of peanut butter pretzels later.

Got some stuff on my mind and it's distracting me from getting into my workout, which is odd because usually it's a mind-cleaner. Anyway, I'm going to give myself a long leash today.

Last edited:
Hey Jordan, waking up 5 times a night to piss may be in indicator of a diabetic or pre-diabetic condition. Have you had any blood work done to check you glucose levels? I have a family history of diabetes so I have to keep an eye on it.

another 4 miles down, walked a bit over a quarter mile after getting there. really low on energy today for whatever reason, probably because i'm in a little bit of a calorie deficit. remembered to embrace the suck because some day i won't be able to do any of this stuff and feel this kind of misery.

spending the rest of tonight to space out a bunch of lifts to get back into the groove of things. brogability, squats/OHS, bench, ohp's with whatever's convenient to throw on there.

lunch:
totino's pizza
2 pepperidge farm sausalito cookies
1 liter of water
diet mountain dew

dinner:
8oz ground beef
8oz chicken breast
2 cups macaroni noodles
1/2 jar ragu pasta sauce
1/4 jar ragu alfredo sauce
1 broccoli

leftover cals:
2 scoops of protons

70 laps / 59 minutes

225 push ups.
2 x 40 squats

FaceTimed a good friend twice. Hella good day!!

Making the most of my 19 life.

Hey Jordan, waking up 5 times a night to piss may be in indicator of a diabetic or pre-diabetic condition. Have you had any blood work done to check you glucose levels? I have a family history of diabetes so I have to keep an eye on it.

I haven't but I get my blood tested every year. Like I said I've been pounding a lot of sparkling water (thakns SodaSense) since quitting drinking alcohol and I'm fairly certain its directly correlated to that :)

---

Did day 3/4 yesterday, legs, and yes I am quite sore and stiff today. But I slept amazing and woke up before 7 on a weekend and just got up!

Got back into the gym yesterday. I went at 5:00 pm, half the cars that I saw at 8:00 am, probably many went early thinking it would be light.

They had plenty of stations with hand sanitizer in multiple forms. I used a large paper towel with plenty of sanitizer on it to wipe down each machine before and after lifting on it.

I was gratified, during the first round to see that I had lost little strength and could do my usual 18 rep sets. Second round showed that I had lost a little. Third round felt fine, especially in the muscle groups that I had worked on the most.

Not a ton of people, despite cleaning surfaces before and after, it didn't take me much longer to get a full workout in.

Yesterday
Hour forty on a trainer. Including 36min just sub FTP effort.
Lunch epic sandwich.
Dinner:
Small Pizza, couple of glasses of wine, gin and tonic, beer.

4 miles down, walked probably half a mile of it because my hip felt good. trying to find the stride and pace to run comfortably. did a couple sets of squats with baby weight to get used to it again. finding the bottom under load feels new again which is novel.

lunch:
totino's combination pizza
1 liter of water

dinner:
TBD on proton
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli
2 eggs

leftover cals:
2 scoops of proton

Back at it today.

Took Saturday off.
Pool dude killed the pool with chlorine Friday so I woke up with weird foggy eyes and a little bourbon haze.

Eyes got better late afternoon. Fuck it. Day off.

Today... Back to the push ups & back to the pool.

Skipped dinner last night and ate light today so I went into it saying give me 40 laps. My arms and chest both felt tired. 200 push ups.

Did 60 with resistance running in the shallow after every 10 laps. Just for something different.

My daughter (knee rehab expert :( ) reminded me of a few things so why not?? Kept my eyes out of the water :laughing

My diet solid healthy now back to some bourbon. :teeth

Beautiful day.

Attachments

• 0D482141-5DC3-4AD1-8793-1F91FAC94156.jpg
    0D482141-5DC3-4AD1-8793-1F91FAC94156.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 88
  • F9FBD591-48E8-4CFD-A7BA-C6F193E16EB5.jpg
    F9FBD591-48E8-4CFD-A7BA-C6F193E16EB5.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 78
Staring hard at my seventh decade. Bought alcohol with the intention of drinking. Never got around to it, for months and months now.

But the Cannondale has worn out tires and fresh brakes while the biological power unit is good for twenty miles EVERY day.

Staring hard at my seventh decade. Bought alcohol with the intention of drinking. Never got around to it, for months and months now.

But the Cannondale has worn out tires and fresh brakes while the biological power unit is good for twenty miles EVERY day.

:thumbup

Fuck Yeah!!:thumbup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back