• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1 of week 2. Definitely needed the week break between workouts this time.

I want an easy curl bar so I can do more exercises but I don't want to have a ton of free weights taking up space.

Last edited:
Picked up a trap bar for a non screw job price. Also a pair of rubber coated 45s for $1/lb. neighbor also tossed in a pair of 25s.

Trap bar is pretty useful for circuits; presses, deads, pushups. Also got a small sled I can put the plates on a drag/pull it. Gotta do something, 24 hour fitness going to a check in one hour reservation model sooon and only I open from 5am-9pm. Off days from lifting I’ll keep doing 25-30 mile bike rides.

4 miles down, walked a portion of it to keep my hip fresh since I knew I was squatting a bit today. Simple 4x10 at 225 to get back into the groove of things and I didn’t want to unload my reverse hyper. Felt fine, will increase weight every work out until I stall probably somewhere 300-350 for 10. Might improvise some spare wheels I have as weights since the hub bore isnt too much bigger (~60mm)

Lunch:
2 Pepperidge farm gingerbread cookies
1/2 liter of water (fell asleep before the full liter)

Dinner:
12oz roast chicken
1 Nathan’s hot dog
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli
2 la croix (lime and peach)

Leftover cals:
2 scoops proton
Pepperidge farm farmhouse cookies as I feel like it

195 push ups. Fucking that five... work was nuts. :loco

70 laps swam
50 resistance shallow end sprints got my calves going.

65 minutes of good heart juju in the pool.

Tomorrow. Bust some more ass.

Match or improve.

HOME GYM
TUESDAY, JUNE 16, 2020

3x5 - Jump Squat
3x15- Leg Extension
3x15 - Front Squat
3x10 - Squat
3x15 - Hip Bridge
3x10 - Romanian Deadlift
8x10 - Squat
3x15 - Calf Raise
5x10 - Lunge
4x20 - Crunch

GUT

• Bagel with Butter
• Viet Coffee
• 4 Hard Eggs
• 4 oz Turkey, Hummus and 2 Slices Ezekiel
• Cherries
• Strawberries
• Malaysian 3-in-1 Coffee
• Pre Workout
• Post Workout
• 9 Gummy Bears
• Green beans
• 3 Eggs and 1 Slice Ezekiel

MACROS

Too lazy to calculate.

- Should I be able to do less or more weight when incline/decline?

- What is the ideal setting for the incline?

Just did 3x flat, 3x incline, 3x decline, 60 pushups, and triceps.

4 miles run, bench press 225 4x10 done and ramping back up to whatever i can do for a 4x10 at this bodyweight. moving onto brogability.

lunch:
3/4 safeway select pizza
1 la croix peach-pear
1 liter of water
2 pepperidge farm gingerbread cookies

dinner:
1 t-bone steak (~16oz no bone)
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

leftover cals:
2 scoops of protons
pepperidge farms farmhouse cookies

HOME GYM
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17, 2020

3x10 - Bent Over Row (hang underneath table & pull upwards)
3x10 - Reverse Grip Bent Over Row (hang underneath table w/reverse grip & pull up)
4x20 - DB Pulldown (lie on floor)
5x10 - DB Snatch
3x10 - DB Shrug
2x10 - Shrug with Plate
3x10 - DB Behind the Back Shrug
5x10 - DB Curl
2x8 - Curl with Plate
2x10 - DB Wrist Curl
2x10 - DB Wrist Curl

FOOD

• Bagel with Butter
• 1/2 Pineapple
• Cherries
• Nonfat Greek Yogurt w/1 TB Honey
• 4 oz Turkey, Hummus & 2 Slices Ezekiel Sesame
• Pro Shake
• Pre Workout
• Post Workout
• 9 Gummy Bears
• Chicken Curry & Rice
• Pro Shake

MACROS

Lazy.

Last edited:
No swim.

Worked to late.
Brain fried.

Just push ups and squats today.

Food ... Tri Tip salad for lunch.

Work has me frustrated and not hungry when I get home so a bourbon and a beer to chill.

HOME GYM WEDNESDAY

3x5 - Barbell Overhead Press
3x5 - Chin Ups (did all 3 sets unbroken but did cheat a little and swing)
3x5 - Back Squats

BREAKFAST
Star Blast Flavor Bang Energy (SUGAR FREE = HEALTHY)

LUNCH
Went downtown and got takeout with a co-worker

Lettuce wrapped grilled chicken sandwich - pepper jack, guac, tomato, onion. Sweet potato fries.

DINNER

Breakfast for dinner. Sweet potato hash with 2 poached eggs. Turkey sausage, bell peppers, onions, mushroom, sweet potato diced up.

Last 2 weeks at work have been stressful as fuck. Having a whiskey with Budman

MACROS

Food - 1000 calories. 75g protein 42g carbs, 55g fat. Not quite what I'm after I think.

also that doesn't count the booze. LOL.

Stairs tonight. Didn’t have the motivation to pedal.

Attachments

• 6760CB84-8815-4D18-890F-C28318CA1054.jpg
    6760CB84-8815-4D18-890F-C28318CA1054.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 71
Appointment for my knee tomorrow. I predict "Yep you definitely hurt it, Let's get an MRI to see how bad it is."

Its been about 2 weeks, some days are worse than others. I feel so.............. BLAH. :(

Appointment for my knee tomorrow. I predict "Yep you definitely hurt it, Let's get an MRI to see how bad it is."

Its been about 2 weeks, some days are worse than others. I feel so.............. BLAH. :(

Wishing and hoping for a quick recovery.

Fitness related? I got an awesome opportunity at Kaijin MMA to teach the Kid's Striking Class two days a week. Super stoked and I hope to build some future champions.

So, I get the teach Karate and MMA striking! Stoked beyond anything :)

Fitness related? I got an awesome opportunity at Kaijin MMA to teach the Kid's Striking Class two days a week. Super stoked and I hope to build some future champions.

That's great!

Nothing like teaching kids and giving them a proper foundation in a sport that they can take through the rest of their lives!

I had a 13 year old kid last year who everybody had given up on and was ready to give up on sports. I gave him the skills and especially the confidence. He averaged better than 2 touchdowns a game last year and is now working hard in track and towards his freshman year in football because he has the confidence that he can do it. It's experiences like that which makes coaching truly rewarding.

Last edited:
Today in the pool....after work

80 laps
80 resistance sprints
80 minutes

At the office 6 sets of push ups = 245 reps

Got some good pump today. It rocked.

Happy

That rules Dion! You seriously should teach them the crane kick as their first move and be totally, totally, serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back