• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a pep talk with my "coach" and despite my life being overwhelming crazy and my knee injury he basically told me "no excuses" and he is right. 4 fucking weeks its been since I picked up a barbell. Maybe even longer. :mad

I lost so much strength and cardio. But no time like the present to get back into it.

Sort of made up my own workout to exclude legs.

30 sec - plank

6 pushups - :cry

10 bicep curls (L) - 20lbs

10 barbell strict presses - 55lbs

10 barbell bent over rows - 55lbs

10 dumbell bicep curls (R) - 20lbs

10 dumbell tricep extensions - 25lbs

10 ab leg raises

Repeat x3 - I skipped over the last set of pushups :/

Last edited:
Had a pep talk with my "coach" and despite my life being overwhelming crazy and my knee injury he basically told me "no excuses" and he is right. 4 fucking weeks its been since I picked up a barbell. Maybe even longer. :mad

I lost so much strength and cardio. But no time like the present to get back into it.

30 sec - plank

10 ab leg raises

:thumbup

30 sec - plank

10 ab leg raises

Way to get back on it, Kim!

A knee is just one part of your body, there are always other ways to work the rest of your body when you have a bad knee (4 knee surgeries here).

It seems like most of your workouts included your knees, what you need to do is overhaul your workouts to work around the issue.

It’s a wee bit sore after working out. But I’ve also been babying it. I find out the results from the MRI on Wednesday.

How many sets does it take to get to 200 pushups out of curiosity?

---

Once I get in better shape do I really need to wait a week between workouts of the same muscle groups?

---

Once I get in better shape do I really need to wait a week between workouts of the same muscle groups?

1) Hmm, for me I like to do about 100 push ups and I’ll break them down into sets of 20 or 25. It depends whatever works for you. You just want to use good form and no cheating because the only person you are cheating is yourself

2) You need to give time for your muscles to recover so some people believe one week is needed. As you may know I follow Jim Stoppani. One of his programs is a “get lean in 8 weeks” so the program does not have split routines, i.e., chest and arms today, legs tomorrow. This program hits all muscle groups every day to keep burning shit up. It works! So the answer to your question really is: depends what you’re trying to accomplish.

---

7-10 depending on how long in between.

I have a weird routine on when I do them.

Good for you Kim :thumbup

Last edited:
OK.. I am officially sore as hell.

Did nothing today.. :laughing

Did a long loop 88 miles, 5 hours. In afternoon grabbed my fixie and noodled few miles to the park to drink some wine with GF. On the way we stopped by bobba tea place. Made a mistake of putting it in to side pocket of my pannier and it fell out. :cry

Still spent nice time in a park eating cheese, cherries and a bottle of wine between two of us.

ran for the first time since i got an epidural two days ago. probably the most comfortable run i've had in a few years. might be the epidural and taking two days off completely, but it worked out well. gonna see tomorrow if there's any weird soreness or aches before turning all the way back up.

Lunch:
1 leftover popeyes chicken sandwich
1 16oz coffee
1/2 a liter of water

Dinner:
8oz ribeye steak
1 egg
6oz breakfast sausage
1 broccoli
2 scoops of rice

Leftover calories:
2 scoops of protons
6 pepperidge farm milano cookies

Great thread, so stoked to see so many BARFER's working out and talking about it.

I'm so close to benching my own body weight. I think This week or next week I'll hit it. Amazing how consistency and incremental increase brings results.

I dropped from 50 / hand (dumbbells) to 45 because my form was off with the extra 5 lbs. I wish I knew how much I can bench but only have hand weights :)

I dropped from 50 / hand (dumbbells) to 45 because my form was off with the extra 5 lbs. I wish I knew how much I can bench but only have hand weights :)
Numbers don't really benefit you below your brain, it's what works best for you.

Really good move to get back your form instead of trying to push the extra weight. :thumbup

Patience is a good virtue to have with lifting, many people have paid a steep price for impatience. Correct form and the weight that allows you to maintain that is super important.

Second that.. Form is super important.

I knew a gent that tore his bicep and was never the same.

I got a little blood blister on my foot from the sprints.. so just some swimming tonight. Almost feel like cleaning a floaty and just hanging out with a beer. :laughing

got most of my 4 mile run in today after not-so-great sleep and a full day working on stuff. my heart rate touched 190-195 on the hills and most of it was 170-180. brogability done and going back into lifting tomorrow (international chest day).

Lunch:
totino's combination party pizza
4 pepperidge farm gingerbread cookies
1/2 liter of water

Dinner:
2 cups of rice
12 oz seared chicken thighs
2 roasted short ribs
1 broccoli

Leftover calories:
2 scoops of protons
4 pepperidge farm farmhouse cookies

5 rounds of:
20 Bench presses - just the barbell (35lbs)

Tabata: 20 secs on 10 secs off for 8 rounds
Battle rope - (fuuuuuuuuuuck)
Russian twists - with 10lb bumper plate
Weighted plank - 15lb bumper plate on my back

10 banded pull aparts - x4
6 push ups - x3

Last edited:
4 miles down, heartrate was down to 180's today most of the way, moving onto brogability and bench pressing. gonna try to do a bit more volume since i don't have the accessory support that i have at the gym. will do 6 sets of 225x10 while going through all my brobility work in between.

lunch:
1 liter of water

dinner:
10 oz ground beef
2 eggs
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

remaining cals:
2 scoops of protons

Quick workout just to keep the momentum moving forward.

HOME GYM
MONDAY, JUNE 29, 2020

3x10 - DB Curl
3x20 - Push Up
3x10 - Bodyweight Squat

FOOD

• Bagel with Butter
• Strawberries, cherries, raspberries and 4 oz Chicken Breast
• Margherita Pizza and a Heineken
• Shot of Tequila
• Vegetarian fried rice: riced cauliflower, peas, egg, meatless ground beef

MACROS

Suck ass shit.

Good day.

Well over 200 push ups over 8 hours just stringing them out. Something positive to do

80 minutes in the pool.

80 laps swam and 400 under water punches.

Got a damn blood blister on my foot so no sprints.
Did the boxer UW thing

50 punches. 10 laps.

My neighbor was outside and the punches included a little effort noise. Oh well. :laughing

I feel it in my arms and shoulders. Arms are toast actually.
Feels good. Look forward to breaking things loose tomorrow and repeating to some degree.

We will see.

4 miles down, heartrate was down to 180's today most of the way, moving onto brogability and bench pressing. gonna try to do a bit more volume since i don't have the accessory support that i have at the gym. will do 6 sets of 225x10 while going through all my brobility work in between.

lunch:
1 liter of water

dinner:
10 oz ground beef
2 eggs
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

remaining cals:
2 scoops of protons

How’s that lunch working out for you?

Status