• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
quickie today - also MRI results: partial MCL tear. No surgery needed :banana
just a hinged knee brace and PT for the next 4-6 weeks. Ice and anti-inflammatories

5 rounds of:
Push press - 65lbs x 8
barbell bent over row - 65lbs x8

20 secs on 10 secs off for 8 rounds
plank

100 Russian twists with 15lbs bumper plate (broken up into increments of 10)
50 sit ups (in 10's)

Great news, Kim!
Be aware, a partial tear does add debris inside your knee socket that over decades will add wear and tear to your meniscus and cartilage.
But, that's much better than needing surgery.
If you can soak your knee in epsom salts, that will promote quicker healing to your knee, the magnesium getting absorbed into that location will help, the hotter the better as it opens up the pores more. Alternating icing (15 minutes) and heating twice a day will help as well.

Surfed yesterday. Bike ride today is the goal. Rad to see y’all crushing it. Dennis and Jordan, I’m digging the enthusiasm and hard work. It’s an inspiration. :thumbup

All the quarantine training paid off.

I truly, truly wanted to get my boxing game on point, and so training with the slip bag and drilling over and over again, made last night's slip drills so much better. My head movement and speed to get in close to stuff my opponent was something I worked on. Got two really good compliments during head slip, counter drills:

"Damn, you're fast..."

And...

"Dion, you're scaring me."

Drilling movement works!

BTW, Got a great compliment from a parent in my Kid's Striking class, telling me his boys are improving so fast and it's like night and day from the first class. WIN!

Put in a couple of days at the gym (24 Hour) until my mom called and asked me to not go for a couple of weeks, citing the upswing in corona cases and questions about how well the ventilation system can filter air.

I was like shit, can't really argue with that so I'm back to weightless home workouts for a bit.

4 miles down, brogability and light exercises ensuing. ran a very slow pace and kept my heartrate at 150-160 to see if it'll help with my constant sore throat. i usually push the pace until i wheeze and run 15-20 minutes wheezing (175-197BPM on my watch). it's never bothered me before but i noticed recently my sore throats are directly correlated with my higher pace running.

lunch:
2 oz flaming hot kettle chips
4 oz sour cream and onion sun chips
1 la croix
1 coke zero
1 large coffee
1 liter of water

dinner:
20oz NY strip steak
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli
2 caffeine free coke zeros

leftover cals:
2 scoops of protons

Edit**

Awesome news Kim!! You will be back to full pop soon!! :thumbup

200 office push ups.

Had more in me but time got away.

50 laps swam.

350 open handed under water punches.
Mix 10 hooks / 10 upper cuts

Sets of 50 but banged out one set of 100 at the end. Fuck.
I mean wow. :laughing

Each punch is a core crunch. Digging it.
The upper cuts are major obliques.

Last edited:
TUNES

Best of 1981 Playlist

HOME GYM
THURSDAY, JULY 2, 2020

4x10 - Jump Squat
4x15 - Hip Thrust
1x20 - Push Up
4x15 - Front Squat w DB
4x15 - Back Squat w DB
1x10 - Squat w Plate
3x10 - Reverse Nordic
3x10 - DB Romanian Deadlift
4x20 Seconds - Bodyweight Squat
4x20 Seconds - DB Snatch
5x20 - Standing Calf Raise
5x10 - DB Curl
2x10 - DB Lunge
3x20 - Crunch

FOOD

• Bagel with Butter
• Viet Coffee
• Strawberries
• 4 oz Chicken Breast
• Pro Shake
• Peanuts
• Pre Workout
• Post Workout
• Salmon Fillet, Spinach, Riced Cauliflower
• Strawberries

May eat more later

MACROS

CAL - 1555
PRO - 126
CARB - 149
FAT - 51

Last edited:
quickie today - also MRI results: partial MCL tear. No surgery needed :banana
just a hinged knee brace and PT for the next 4-6 weeks. Ice and anti-inflammatories

Fuck yeah, bro :thumbup

Any of you guys want a Cadence bicycle computer?
I have two brand new ones. Free to a participant of this thread.
These are $70 units.

One left.

Last edited:
Lunges holding weights are very difficult but I find they really work out your legs.

Definitely feeling the leg workout today

Went climbing for the first time today in months. Holy hell that rust is real. Struggling on 5.8's and 5.9's. Also did some squats for the time in a while on an actual barbell.

Went climbing for the first time today in months. Holy hell that rust is real. Struggling on 5.8's and 5.9's. Also did some squats for the time in a while on an actual barbell.
Ouch.

Fortunately, you'll find yourself strong after a couple months if you were a heavy climber. I used to come back stronger after being off for 6 weeks with pulley injuries, the micro tears and micro fractures accumulated over time.

LOL, pre Rona I was flashing 10bs and some 10c's. My rhythm is completely off and despite working out through the pandemic my forearm strength was waning by my 3rd or 4th climb.

LOL, pre Rona I was flashing 10bs and some 10c's. My rhythm is completely off and despite working out through the pandemic my forearm strength was waning by my 3rd or 4th climb.
Strength will come back first, endurance will take awhile longer, especially over multiple climbs.

Be patient.

When I got back in the gym, I hadn't lost much strength, but my 2nd and 3rd set were rough. Now I'm just about back to where I was after 3 weeks in strength and 85% there in endurance.

Progress after 3 weeks back in the gym..a picture is worth a thousand words. As always, this is a next day picture, not right after a workout where I'm all pumped up.

Attachments

• fitness_20200704.jpg
    fitness_20200704.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 42
Cool man

Solid progress Brett :thumbup

Finished 90 minutes in the pool an hour ago.

Did 50 yesterday but all I did was float and let the breeze take all my cares away. Had not done that in forever. Fucking loved it. Zen shit.

80 laps swam

450 underwater punches.
Combo hooks and upper cuts.

The upper cuts are way cool on the core.

Happy 4th y’all. :flag :party

Did a three day backpacking trip through sierras with couple of friends and GF. Plan was to do four days, but even with extension loop was a bit too short for that.

I am so happy with my Deuter backpack. It handled 50 pounds like a champ. Actually my friends have same ones, different versions, so we were matching. :laughing

I probably mentioned this already, but I was very skeptical of bottom part access, and side access, but having used it I am sold on it.

One downside of a trip is that I got blisters on my small toe and big toe. I usually get blisters on small toe, but on big one is new. Same shoes, same socks. :dunno Didn't ruin the trip, but was annoying.

Progress after 3 weeks back in the gym..a picture is worth a thousand words. As always, this is a next day picture, not right after a workout where I'm all pumped up.

Thanks for posting pics. It takes a large sack :thumbup

Thanks to the asshole who ate a bat, my BF is up, delts have shrunk, diet has sucked, etc. But working around closed gym and other constraints.

Thanks for the inspiration, climber!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back