• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-rona: 228
Post Rona: 218

Mostly due to the bike riding.
I've been back in the gym for 4 weeks now. Hopefully they don't close it again.

4 miles down, brogability done, spent all day playing with the water heater crawling around as bonus cardio.

lunch:
1 nature valley protein bar
1 liter of water
1 coke zero

dinner:
24oz ribeye steak
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli
1 diet pepsi

leftover cals:
2 scoops of protons
4 pepperidge farm sausalito cookies
caffeine free coke zeros and diet cokes

That's some serious elevation, Beau!

Years ago I did a climbing competition up at Snowbird, the elevation made a difference.

Wife and I have been doing evening walks. Neither of us has any desire for intense workouts but we decided just getting out and moving was a good idea.

Wife and I have been doing evening walks. Neither of us has any desire for intense workouts but we decided just getting out and moving was a good idea.
Half hour walk a day is all you really need to do to significantly improve your health and increase your lifespan.:thumbup

What some of us do is way beyond just health.

Did basically same loop as a weekend before last
This time even with teammate joined for majority it was 20 minutes slower. He was setting pace up Tunitas. I was just fading, and after still had to ride back to South Bay.
Either having an off day or heat was getting to me. Went through five bottles of water and was still dehydrated a bit when I got home.

210 pushups at the office during the day.

1:45 in the pool.
80 laps
400 underwater punches
80 back flies
200 curls/tri’s

In Line at In & Out :laughing

I walk at the marina.. sea level.. not 9500 new suffering stuff. Not really feeling the motivation to do much.
I am eating a lot less.. since I'm not too active and that got weight down. Partly because I was baking for a while and lost interest to cook. I eat like crap. Trader Joe's soup mostly.

Last edited:
HOME GYM
SUNDAY, JUNE 12, 2020

Light workout to keep momentum.

3x10 - DB Curl
3x30 Seconds Jumping Jacks
3x15 - DB Shoulder Press
3x15 - DB Lateral Raise
3x10 - Bodyweight Squat
3x10 - Burpee
3x20 - Push Up
3x10 - DB Face-Down Face-Pull Hack

EDIT: 30-min Power Walk

GARBAGE

• 10 Gummy Bears
• Glazed Donut :twofinger

More garbage to come...

EDIT: Fried rice, mango slush, salmon fillet, cherries, plum

MACROS

Most likely will suck but the day is young so hope to eat clean grub.

Last edited:
Half hour walk a day is all you really need to do to significantly improve your health and increase your lifespan.:thumbup

What some of us do is way beyond just health.

Bingo. I've been dealing with EBV/Chronic fatigue since the eighties. Once upon a time my idea of a fun weekend was an 18-22 mile crosscountry run with 2,000 feet of elevation change. I was invitational at the Dipsea and also did the double Dipsea. That all changed dramatically. I had to relearn work outs and set strict limits on myself. Too much and I'd end up totally exhausted for weeks. Eventually I found out that every workout, run or bike ride had to be accompanied with a fairly serious appraisal of how far I was going and how far I should go. Simply put, you can exercise yourself into illness.

Our "health" officer is a dipshit. That's all I got for my update.

Hair salons and gyms are supposed to open in the Santa Clara county today.

Berto, does that mean that your 'health' officer isn't allowing it to happen in Contra Costa County?

Last edited:
Kind of surprised considering cases have been spiking to twice what they were "at the height" previously. Although it's still in low hundreds. Seems like there is a very tight margin between yeah "it's spiking a bit" to "holy crap we are hitting thousands per day".

Hair salons and gyms are supposed to open in the Santa Clara county today.

Berto, does that mean that your 'health' officer isn't allowing it to happen in Contra Costa County?

Contra Costa health services has been much more conservative about reopening than most places.

I want to go to my local gym which is a 5 minute walk from me, but on the other hand its located downstairs below level with only the front door providing fresh air access. Not sure how safe it could be.

With Planet Granite, the gym is pretty much empty, its spread out, good ventilation but I gotta make reservations and the drive is about 30 min one way.

I want to go to my local gym which is a 5 minute walk from me, but on the other hand its located downstairs below level with only the front door providing fresh air access. Not sure how safe it could be.

With Planet Granite, the gym is pretty much empty, its spread out, good ventilation but I gotta make reservations and the drive is about 30 min one way.
I wonder if all of the chalk dust in the air has an impact on the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back