• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor said pills or exercise. (I'm almost seventy) Bought a Cannondale Adventure bike one year ago. Exercise works.

Dropped almost twenty pounds, regained endurance, strength and alertness after almost five thousand miles. Put more miles on the bicycle than the motorcycle. Wore out the cassette, chain, idler wheels, brakes and three sets of tires.

And, as a bonus, applying tools to a worn out bike equates to quality garage time.

The pills made me feel sick anyway.

So much win here.

i came to this same point in april/may and i think i have less space than you. but barbells and lifting is important enough for me that i have it in the living room (now called the lifting room) :laughing

Dang now thats dedication!

WOD: 3 hours climbing at PG Belmont. Finished off with barbell squats at the end of the session. Technique was definitely alot smoother and Im getting my rhythm back. Too bad its all for naught once SM county closes again. :cry

Yeah I don't even bother. Don't want to go just bto be frustrated climbing 10as

A lot of push ups at work.

Tried the bench triceps deal.
Wrist barked loudly. Ain’t going to happen. :(
To much for the arthritic joint.

Sometimes it bothers me with regular pushups. Well always bothers somewhat but CBD rubs keep it in check.

60 laps in the pool 300 UW punches. 60 minutes.
Really focused on breathing to minimize the time.

Feeling good with a Coors light between my
Legs. :laughing

How the hell do you and I never run into each other :laughing

HA! I don’t really cycle much anymore. If I’m gonna pedal, it’s gonna be on my BMX bike - because, you know, bike tricks :)

Well, I got back from vacation on the 14th, and I was 214lbs. I noted the other day I was 209, and this morning I was 204. I literally lost 10lbs in 5 days :laughing

It’s water weight and bloat, but man, looking at myself in the mirror and not seeing bags under my eyes nor feeling jiggly really made me realize how much complex carbs and sugar do a doozy on me. I never realize how much inflammation I suffer from food until I take some things away.

Boxing felt great yesterday, but things are getting ramped up and sparring week is coming, which is always daunting. More rest days and harder workouts.

Took advantage of GF needing to run an errand in Pleasanton on Saturday and rode over Mt. Hamilton there from South Bay. Around 85 miles.
Damn that was a bad idea. lol. Brought plenty of food, and thankfully Junction was open so was able to get more water, but didn't bring any electrolytes. By the time I got to Pleasanton I was slightly nauseous, and cramping. Good thing I didn't do it last week, when it was even hotter. Not sure it would have ended well.

On top of the Mt. Hamilton ran in to my nemesis from last season we chatted for a bit. It was good to catch up.

Stopped 2/3 of the way down on descent to check on front wheel. It was almost too hot too touch. Let out some air and continued on my way. Figured it will probably be OK. lol

After Junction came upon motorcycle accident. Dude managed to bin his big BMW adventure bike on a gentle corner. Not even sure how he managed to do it. He was laying on the ground with bunch of people around, and didn't look seriously hurt.

Lick observatory was closed, so I did next best thing. Took a picture in front of a random post and bush. haha
dchTRSC.jpg

Soundtrack: L7 Hungry for Stink

20 minute row
Lat pulldowns sets of 10 to failure (10 shoulder-grip, 9 wide grip)
Leg lifts 10 sets to failure

Diet of whey protein, Alaskan Cod, spinach, Oatmeal, bean chips, egg noodles, peas, and lots of green tea.

I feel like a cow but am working hard at not letting shitty body-image cloud my thoughts and attatude. A mind is a terrible thing.

Soundtrack: L7 Hungry for Stink

20 minute row
Lat pulldowns sets of 10 to failure (10 shoulder-grip, 9 wide grip)
Leg lifts 10 sets to failure

Diet of whey protein, Alaskan Cod, spinach, Oatmeal, bean chips, egg noodles, peas, and lots of green tea.

I feel like a cow but am working hard at not letting shitty body-image cloud my thoughts and attatude. A mind is a terrible thing.

He’s baaaaaack. Fuck yeah, bro!!!

I just took a friend for his first ever ride yesterday. 30mi, 1400ft in about 2:20hrs. He rode my old bike with gear borrowed from his BIL. I did quick bike fit for him the day before on my trainer and trained him how to use clipless pedals. He did great on the ride, had 0 pain, and is out golfing today. He had some tightness in his neck and traps which is normal for a new rider.

So no, cycling does not need to be painful.

To the bicyclists in this thread:

:thumbup

(I used to road bike when younger. Miss it. Loved how the more I pedaled, the more I could eat without getting fat lol)

To the bicyclists in this thread:
(I used to road bike when younger. Miss it. Loved how the more I pedaled, the more I could eat without getting fat lol)

Back atcha'. Double. And fettling a bike is less expensive than doing a motorcycle. A new skill I am most proud of is being able to correctly adjust an eight speed rear derailleur correctly. A Ducati desmo dial in doesn't seem to be a black art anymore.

4 miles down with a mildly sprained/twisted ankle, took a couple days break due to a broken/leaking water heater and a motorboating incident yesterday. Catching up on brogability and abs.

Lunch:
2 pepperoni hot pockets
1 liter of water
2 large coffee

Dinner:
14 oz NY steak
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

Leftover cals:
2 scoops of proton
2 nature valley protein cereal bars
Pepperidge farm farmhouse cookies

The Canyon AL 7.0 disc will arrive this week. Been watching the review videos and I'm pretty excited, seems to get amazing reviews.

Gave myself a test tonight.

Took yesterday off to make sure I was ready and did a timed 60 minute swim.

Said earlier my goal is 100 in 60.

Probably a bit lofty ... maybe in a year :laughing

Did 70 on the nose. I was hoping for 80 but happy I got 70.

200 office pushups were a bit of a task.

Super busy so when I started I had to push them out.

Got down to the sets just including 10 then 5 and another 5 each time laying on the carpet breathing hard as hell thinking to myself ...your to old for this. :laughing

But the repeated total failure had a good pump going.

Beautiful piece of equipment UD!

Yes indeed it's hot. are those electric gears. Looks like a tri-bike yes?

"hot wheel"? why.. perhaps you wanted disc brakes at this time huh

--
as for 'fit', I only put the saddle back where it was (more forward) and cycled a little.
Also probably pulled my left arm at the top of the elbow joint from hanging for pull-ups:( will..stop that.

Last edited:
I just saw a video about A Mavic carbon wheel fail due to rim brakes and overheating.

Do tell us more about the Bike UD...

Thanks. Love the bike. Definitely way above my level of fitness and skill. haha

It's a 2013 BMC TMR01 frame I built up. BMC basically took their TT frame and put handle bars on it. I swapped out their fork with integrated brakes for after market aero one and put Tri aero brake. It stops, but not well. Not a big deal in a race, usually, but becomes an issue when braking down hill in to a tight corner. In wet it is down right scary. lol It has first generation of SRAM etap red, wireless shifting. A barfer got me a really good deal on it. :D It also has SRM Origin power meter. So I always know how much I need to improve.

My next bike will definitely have disk brakes. Probably Trek Project One Madone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back