• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On staycation this week (took the time off to go to San Diego for Comic-Con, which isn't happening and traveling to SD anyhow feels slightly irresponsible) so switched out the biking to work in favor of biking to the donut shop, 12 mile round trip from my apt to Dynamo. I might be doing this fitness thing wrong.

After a few weeks of working out 4x-5x a week I'm feeling like it's not hitting me as hard as when I started. I gradually up the weights but I'm not feeling as "worked out".

Drinking one for Beau tonight. :thumbup

... and one for me :laughing

Doing it on the cheap. Started with a FitBit Charge 3. Free gift.
Repurposed the kids mountain bike. Bought a training stand and tire.
Spotify SPIN EDM.
Been hitting it 5-6 times a week for the past month.
Crawl before you walk, walk before you run.
That's my process. Train to train.
Turned 60 this year and lately been so sedentary.
More water less wine.
I'm feeling better already.

After a few weeks of working out 4x-5x a week I'm feeling like it's not hitting me as hard as when I started. I gradually up the weights but I'm not feeling as "worked out".
Change your routine.
Even with additional weight, doing the same thing over and over is a path to diminishing returns.

Your body has adapted to your routine and each time is going to give less benefit. At the same time, you'll feel less worked because you body doesn't have to do as much repair of cells each day because it has already replaced/repaired the cells through a bunch of cycles.

Try adding one new exercise a day, you can drop off one once you get to a limit, cycling it back in several weeks later.

Thank a lot that makes sense to me. Will do!

Bicycle arrives tomorrow hopefully that will help with cardio fitness

My sister joined the Peleton home bicycle club...they don't ship to Quebec so she had a friend in Ottawa order it for her.

Last edited:
Thank a lot that makes sense to me. Will do!

Bicycle arrives tomorrow hopefully that will help with cardio fitness

My sister joined the Peleton home bicycle club...they don't ship to Quebec so she had a friend in Ottawa order it for her.
I found that riding a bike also worked my triceps a lot, each week I was in the aero position more and more to reduce wind resistance.

Flat bench today after a good row, I'll have a brutal trail run later too. The stick I'm using to beat ageing into submission grows. Oh, and I'm twenty one years sober today so have a drink on me!

Get that body hair shaved for my trip down! Dude, I'm so jelly. I've lost 8 lbs since Covid...and that's not in body hair.

Alcohol yuck who needs it

I think you're my evil twin, or I'm yours. Not sure which.

mkovb.jpg

its probably leaning on the nearside a bit, if you adjust the caliper towards the side your foot was on in the picture, it'll run

wow! cool. pretty blue bike. :thumbup

think i want a treadmill... been giving it some thought for quite some time.

got out last night and hit the trails with my dog. i actaully walked to the park and then went to the trails. dog loved it. cooler weather at night helps. :)

Easy. Loosen up the caliper bolts. Hold down the brake lever then re-tighten the caliper bolts.

^--- the bike guys got it. are the calipers mounted on the fork legs* on bicycles or higher up? i could almost do a stoppy on my friend's bike with it lol was afraid to try since it wasn't my bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back