• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting creative getting an hour or so of something in with the new baby here. Hoping the wife gets more comfortable so I can get back to some 30 mile rides.

Been doing a heavy bag routine followed by telephone pole to telephone pole semi sprints. On other days I'll ride half mile then do 15 squat with a 40lb bulgarian bag, 30 shoulder presses, pushups, then floor presses with a trap bar. I try to get 5 rounds of that in an hour.

With 24 hour fitness closed and hour long slots planned when open, I'm looking to get some bumper plates, bar, and adjustable squat stands so I can set them up in the yard or driveway and put aside when not using. Need to get back to squats, cleans, power cleans. Really really frustrating the price gouging on bumper plates on FB or craigs and/or the time it takes to order and get delivered.

Going to do paradise loop tomorrow for my first proper ride

congrats. it doesn't look very short. Then again you have a good bike.

and I ordered my first actual bike shorts just now.

Did a quick ride yesterday, 45 min-- then took a pic of my bike at a random tree/post. :)
12.4 MPH avg in city with some incline. hopefully I'll do better next time...:laughing

Attachments

• bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I'm getting creative getting an hour or so of something in with the new baby here. Hoping the wife gets more comfortable so I can get back to some 30 mile rides.

Been doing a heavy bag routine followed by telephone pole to telephone pole semi sprints. On other days I'll ride half mile then do 15 squat with a 40lb bulgarian bag, 30 shoulder presses, pushups, then floor presses with a trap bar. I try to get 5 rounds of that in an hour.

Congrats on the new baby and great job in keeping fit during gym-lockdown :thumbup

4 miles down, brogability going, doing some light squats to practice getting into some positions. gonna try to have a regular leg day on wednesday. also my new bike frame is in the mail, should be here friday to build up. will still be missing levers for my drop bars, but otherwise should have everything. might just put a grinder to the flat bar levers and make it fit TBD

lunch:
clif builders bar
2 oz jalapeno kettle chips
1 liter of water
2 large coffees

dinner:
16oz NY steak
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

leftover cals:
2 scoops of protons
2 oz sun chips

Last edited:
Weekend bike rides have become social hangout time, helping both our physical and mental health in these interesting times. My reg riding buddy moved and is now out of the way from our normal meeting spot. But he rode to my house Sunday and we did a quick 25mi / 2300ft with my SO and another friend. It was cool to actually see him in person again.

Riding with the SO and other friend means a tempo ride. So I was fresh for some attacking. They turned back at the top of a hill because of a deadline. My cycling friend and I went down the hill to the beach, climbed the hill, and tried to catch the girls. I attacked - 1.4mi, 6%, 12mph avg, 7:08min. I finished feeling amazing and thought I might have a new PR. Unfortunately I dont know my previous strength and was still 39sec behind my PR :cry. We also were unable to catch them because I overestimated how long it would take to get home. No way we were going to make up a 10min deficit in 35min. But hammering home was still fun.

Last edited:
been doing a fair bit of cycling since borrowing a bike in april. Picked up my own intro-quality cycling bike off CL and been getting out about 6-8 hours a week. then lifting at home outside of that.

Finally did an ACTUAL climb last week. Cavedale rd in sonoma. 5.3 miles, but 1940 feet of climbing. That one hurt. it went on for daaaaays.

short ride today, with garbage legs cause of a lower body lifting session yesterday.

32.5m /2250ft elevation. average mph 18.4mph

So the cycle-barfers on this thread inspired me to saddle up tonight.

THE RIG

1978 RALEIGH Competition GS
• made in England
• 531 Reynolds
• Campy everything*, Diacomp, Weinman, etc.

The only part that may be Chinesium might be the Michelins and tubes and lame seat. Everything else is Euro- or Japan-made - Zefal pump made in France, Belgian rims, Cateye mirror is made in Japan.

I bought it new in ‘82. Was in a box lost & forgotten at the back of a bike shop. Paid $400. Rode it a lot back in the day. Regret replacing the Brooks saddle and the rear Campy with a Shimano Deora (at least its made in Jp). WTF was I thinking?

It weighs 21-22 lbs. haha. Its my coffin bike.

Took it for a spin tonight. Legs felt heavy haha Hope to add
riding into my routine. BTW, I’m a flatlander :twofinger

So I found a tree:

UGJY6Wx.jpg

FOOD

• Bagel with Butter
• Viet Coffee
• McD :twofinger
• Pre Workout
• Chicken Curry and Rice

MACROS

Garbage.

Last edited:
Nice. :thumbup
Reminds me of my first bike with downtube shifters.

Started doing pull ups more regularly. When SIP started I was like "I'll do it every other day as not to loose climbing strength!" Yeah that didn't happen. Got super busy, and not all that motivated. :laughing Also back up to 163 lb range. :nchantr

4 miles down, brogability done and did extra hip work because it's been bothering me a bit. got my MRI results and as expected my neck is fukt.

lunch:
clif builder's bar
2.5oz. Honey Dijon kettle chips (5oz bag, ate half of it)
1 liter of water

dinner:
6 chicken thighs pan-seared
1 broccoli
2 cups of rice
1 egg

leftover cals:
2 scoops of proton

Much better than last week...went further, feel better. Really made sure to keep some energy in the tank for the go-home hills.

4 miles down, no lifting but little stretches and non-regular brogability today. trying to unfuck some stuff today.

lunch:
1 peets coffee
1 philz coffee
1 nature valley bar

dinner:
16oz ribeye
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

leftover calories:
2 scoops of protons

4 miles down, brogability going now

breakfast: