• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a pretty aggressive saddle to bar drop for a less experienced rider. hopefully the saddle can come down some. you may also want to pitch the bars up some, saddle too.

Are the caliper bolts the black ones holding it to the frame or a silver one the caliper ?

As far as positioning I’ll likely get professional fit once done

Loosen, Pump brakes, Hold brakes as you re-tighten the bolts to the frame.

Try that again.

No working :(

I watched a video that suggested the same as you but then it says to do one screw at a time and adjust before tightening. Also hard without a bike stand.

[youtube]uk_nC9anQcM[/youtube]

Last edited:
If pumping the lever doesnt center the pads in the caliper, youll need to push one pad/piston back in while pumping. Get it all mostly centered with the caliper removed. Then align it on the bike.

Cycled it to the local shop. I loosened the wheels just a little. I want to get riding so I’ll learn another time. Thanks for the help!

This bike is like butter!

thats a pretty aggressive saddle to bar drop for a less experienced rider. hopefully the saddle can come down some. you may also want to pitch the bars up some, saddle too.

I was surprised he got an M size and not an L but it seems that’s what the site suggested. And/but we know that a high seat post might mean an incorrect size frame. There’s also the road bike thread

Cool, so, glad they aligned the caliper at the local bike shop .

Oh, and do tighten the ring on the rear wheel valve. Has to go up to the wheel!

Last edited:
Welp they didn't fix it but found the issue right away I'm missing te little cap that goes on the end of the wheel and I can't find it now and I'm quite upset having looked for it 5x and I carefully saved every piece from the box and instructions. Not even sure what it's called so I can get one. Had to walk the bike home to make sure I don't break anything.

wheels.. "don't have caps".. at the end.

I assume you're talking about a "whole thru-axle".
because it looks like you have thru-axles.

and the end screw is missing. wow I can't believe it was ridden with a wobbly wheel?

yeah.. it's possible I'm wrong... you must be talking about some other cap.

Last edited:
Ok it was a piece that goes inside the wheel before the through axle goes through it. I didn't lose it, I'm an idiot, it comes with a cap on it you need to remove and I thought it was just a protective piece.

I installed it, then I unscrewed the calipers, grabbed the brake, tightened the calipers, and everything is great now.

Thanks so much you guys rock

Last edited:
Canyon ain’t an American company lol

Jerseys get smaller the more expensive one you buy. I can fit XS in cheap stuff and Med in expensive stuff. It’s Pro fit.

Last edited:
4 miles down, brogability done yesterday and today.

yesterday:

lunch -- clif builders bar, 1 liter of water
dinner -- 1 order of french fries, 1 order of garlic fries, 1 chicken breast, 6 IPAs, 8 shots of whisky and like 5 diet cokes
leftover cals -- 3 scoops of protons

today
lunch -- clif builders bar, half a bag of cool ranch doritos, 2 diet cokes, 1 liter of water
dinner -- 16oz ny steak, 2 cups of rice, 1 broccoli
leftover cals -- 2 scoops of protons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back