• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fat ass has to work up to burning that many calories in 55 minutes. I have 2 messed up knees one I got fixed the other was not bad enough for surgery so I held off. I usually do a 3MPH pace at 3% incline. I think I need to up the incline or I can try and hit that new Bowflex Tread Climber they have but it is in a part of the gym that does not have a TV so it is so boring.

I can't do the stationary bike for that long as there is nothing to distract me from the tediousness. If I was riding outside then it would be a different story but here in LA running things over on the road that are not in a vehicle seems to be a statewide pastime. I can't go one day without seeing some form of roadkill. I swear I have seen these fools swerve to hit stuff. Probably wouldn't happen on a bike but you don't see many bike riders on the road out here and I don't want to be the one to prove the theory right or wrong. :ride

Well you can try zwift. Does make riding inside much more manageable.

I would be happy if the gym just put a damn TV in that area. I listen to my headphones most of the time but at least seeing a TV with closed captioning takes the mind off the boredom.

Just got back from the gym. If I miss more then a few days it always feels like im starting from square 1. Also watched a 5 foot nothing 55 yr old woman do rope climbs and 135 front squats. Made me feel so weak :laughing

todays lunch. carrots, low sodium turkey meat and string cheese.

I managed to figure out what the macro breakdown and calorie max is for me based off of what the nutritionist recommends after he got my body composition results.

50% - Carbs
30% - Fat
20% Protein

With a max calorie count of 1490 per day.

I would have done a lot less carbs and more protein, and closer to 1300 calories a day, on my own..... Might see if I can try and stick to these "goals" but with my own food options. and see what happens

counting calories is a funny business. theres too much error in all of the steps. it can make the whole thing useless. the #s listed on food labels arent necessarily correct. the amount of calories that you're body absorbs from food won't necessarily match the labels. the amount of calories you burn based on a certain exercise is probably wrong. all of those #s can be off by >30%, not a small amount. people also tend to under-approximate the food they eat and over-approximate their exercise. its a ton of error, often making people feel bad about themselves when the "math" doesnt work.

so that recommendation you received might be a good starting point. but if it doesnt work, you aren't seeing the results you want, or you aren't seeing them fast enough... just know that can and should change something.

Hadn't been to the gym in a week and didn't feel much like going tonight either but I then I asked myself what would Arnold do. Well I don't have a maid to get it on and have an affair with so I got my ass out the door and went to the gym.

I've been really struggling trying to get into the routine of getting up early to work out. I've been feeling defeated over it and am not sure what to do. i try to get to bed early and set my alarm but im alway too tired to rise and shine a wind up just staying in bed. I'm a fat fatty.

Do the opposite. Work out late instead.

I'm the same way I'm an awful morning person. It doesn't matter what I do or try. My internal clock is just shifted a few hours.

Hadn't been to the gym in a week and didn't feel much like going tonight either but I then I asked myself what would Arnold do. Well I don't have a maid to get it on and have an affair with so I got my ass out the door and went to the gym.

You should Read David Goggins Book, "Cant Hurt Me". Then ask, what would David Goggins do.

My workout routine has been set back a week. Got kidney stones from drinking to many protein shakes and not enough water. Lesson learned!

Don’t be like me. Hydrate!

My workout routine has been set back a week. Got kidney stones from drinking to many protein shakes and not enough water. Lesson learned!

Athalene x dude says to drink 32 oz of water every morning right after you wake up. I have been doing it for about 2 weeks. Seems to help. if you have stones I would give it a try. I have a dedicate "big cup" right next to the britta pitcher ready to go when I walk into the kitchen.

Athalene x dude says to drink 32 oz of water every morning right after you wake up. I have been doing it for about 2 weeks. Seems to help. if you have stones I would give it a try. I have a dedicate "big cup" right next to the britta pitcher ready to go when I walk into the kitchen.

I also add 1stPhorm OptiGreens into 8 oz of water and suck that down first thing. I notice a difference in my skin if I skip this for more than a week.

I've had kidney stones twice in the last ten years, both times were correlated with when I got lazy and allowed myself to start eating a lot of carbs. Damn silicon valley office and unlimited bagels.

ok feeling a bit better. He told me if I didnt care about eating the same thing for 7 days to just pick 1 thing from each section. breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner and just eat that.

I was under the impression that I had to eat what was listed as it was listed in order to keep my macros and calories where they needed to be.

Feeling a lot better about it now. Going to mass cook some chicken, bison, and ground turkey, side of veggies tomorrow and try again :p

Gym work out went good. I need to up my cardio though. This is all strength. I only was able to bench 85lbs, :/ again this older lady next to me was doing 110! Im just a tincy bit competitive but also smart enough to not try and kill myself. Ill get there....

I see chicks at the gym lifting more than I do. Some of those gals are beasts, but with nice booties.

I've had kidney stones twice in the last ten years, both times were correlated with when I got lazy and allowed myself to start eating a lot of carbs. Damn silicon valley office and unlimited bagels.

Well shit I need to find that office. :laughing

Thanks for the info. I have a big gulp cup next to me filled with water. Passing a kidney stone was the worst pain I’ve felt in my life. Crashing at 70mph and sliding for 120’ has nothing on kidney stones. It’s not even comparable.

WooHoo hit 310 calories burned last night on the treadmill doing it for 50ish minutes. 3 MPH at 4% incline. Got to take a break for a few days but Monday am planning on 6% incline and will be doing some leg workouts as well to bulk up the bottom end. Counting down to upper body workout release date 38 days and counting......dammit now that I checked the calendar it seems like it will be forever......:thumbdown

I see chicks at the gym lifting more than I do. Some of those gals are beasts, but with nice booties.

Me too.

At my gym there’s a twenty-something petite girl who is in great shape. She is probably 5’3, 120. She deadlifts 135.

Well shit I need to find that office. :laughing

Ericsson right off 237. Don't do it, I gained fifteen pounds in six months.

Thanks for the info. I have a big gulp cup next to me filled with water. Passing a kidney stone was the worst pain I’ve felt in my life. Crashing at 70mph and sliding for 120’ has nothing on kidney stones. It’s not even comparable.

+1 worst pain of my life. I was on a backpacking trip with the kids when mine hit. Had to hike out two days puking in pain and trying to convince my daughters I wasn't going to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back