• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do for cycling. The weekly long walk is more of a strall with GF that usually involves alcohol. :laughing Most of the time I just forget. Probably should be more diligent about it. I kind of figured if my HR high enough for it to detect activity it's good enough.

I think it will recognize anything it recognizes as an activity and then you can always classify it later if it's of note.

I think it will recognize anything it recognizes as an activity and then you can always classify it later if it's of note.

Right if HR is raised for 15 minutes. It just doesn't automatically recognize regular walks for me. :dunno

I classify short ebike rides as "commuting" instead of "cycling" so it doesn't mix them up :)

---
Got some pull on leg warmers, much like the arm warmers, so I don't actually need to buy cycling pants and can continue to use my shorts or bib in cold weather.

I classify short ebike rides as "commuting" instead of "cycling" so it doesn't mix them up :)

---
Got some pull on leg warmers, much like the arm warmers, so I don't actually need to buy cycling pants and can continue to use my shorts or bib in cold weather.
The 'real' riders won't wave to you. :twofinger :laughing

Turns out a bicycle ridden every day for sixteen months wears things out and/or corrosion sets in. And the bike shop is slammed, their techs are cranky and the manager is feckless.

But I have been a motorcyclist since 1967 and nothing is beyond me. (God bless Amazon and next day delivery.)

New brakes, cables, sheaths and lube. Smoove to a stop and complete release again. Better than new and for pocket change to boot.

Anyway . . . . . twenty eight miles yesterday and another quick seventeen today.

So I started doing 5 x 20 pushups everyday and after a week it seems to be getting easier so I may switch to 4 x 25 and then a week after 3 x 33 or whatever I can manager.

Before I'd do them throughout the day and now they're all done in the morning.

Soundtrack: Deftones

30 minute row
Incline bench press sets of 8-10 to failure: 14 sets peaking with 190 for 8's.
1.5 hour trail run, Avila Ridge Trail 1500+ feet elevation

4300 calories of whey protein, spinach, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, blueberries, oats, chicken, whole wheat bread, sorghum, apples, unsweetened peanut butter, Mahi, black beans, quinoa, brown rice, garlic, and Makuna honey.

Paintballing with the boys yesterday: precisely why I train hard, so I can keep up with the sons I'm raising.

Attachments

• IMG_20200913_182227_196.JPG
    IMG_20200913_182227_196.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 235
Soundtrack: Deftones

30 minute row
Incline bench press sets of 8-10 to failure: 14 sets peaking with 190 for 8's.
1.5 hour trail run, Avila Ridge Trail 1500+ feet elevation

4300 calories of whey protein, spinach, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, blueberries, oats, chicken, whole wheat bread, sorghum, apples, unsweetened peanut butter, Mahi, black beans, quinoa, brown rice, garlic, and Makuna honey.

Paintballing with the boys yesterday: precisely why I train hard, so I can keep up with the sons I'm raising.
:thumbup I know the feeling. My son just turned 15 and while skinny he's doing a lot of training and is ripped. It's going to take him a couple more years to get even with his old man who will be in his 60's by then. :laughing

My friends son who is 13 won’t eat properly. He just doesn’t eat enough and he’s the smallest and shortest in his grade and it drives his dad nuts. It’s not like he refuses to eat his food and then eats junk he just doesn’t eat. He’ll come home with half or more of his lunch. This can’t be healthy for long term growth can it? He’s already small and weak.

he might literally be uncomfortable using the bathroom at school and realizes that if he doesn't eat during school, he won't poop. it's a thing, and definitely something to look out for. he can simply eat more at home and it won't affect him significantly long term. i would recommend counting his calories.

I wish I knew what I know now about nutrition when I was in high school. With the power of Youtube and the internet its so easy to look up information on proper nutrition. I don't have to rely on bullshit bro-science from friends or cousins.

Great pic Beau!

Arms, back, shoulders, wrist, forearms and push ups done.

Skipping that freezing pool tonight.
Might take a shot at it tomorrow at lunch. :dunno

I wish I knew what I know now about nutrition when I was in high school. With the power of Youtube and the internet its so easy to look up information on proper nutrition. I don't have to rely on bullshit bro-science from friends or cousins.

Me too. I wish I had my 20-something body now without aches, pains, multiple surgeries. But just glad to be alive!

Everyone hitting it hard! Bros eating chickens, piling miles on their bike, swimming, fuck! Taking today off but back tomorrow.

lol wut? Youtube is filled with bro-science and bullshit about nutrition, workouts, and "health". These days I go straight to NIH searches for published studies and dont even bother with Google, Youtube, and the like.

I get left shoulder pain when I do a flat bench, especially on the barbell. Less so on the dumbbells, very little when I do inclines and none for shoulder presses.

Whats the issue? Any one got tips?

My left shoulder pops on a bar so I don't use bars for most exercises. Something with the joint that doesn't like being rotated a certain way, which a bar will do. YMMV.

Refurbed the brakes on the Cannondale. New cables, pads and fittings. Drag went away. Amazing how much corrosion builds up without notice. Workout ride is much easier now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back