• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refurbed the brakes on the Cannondale. New cables, pads and fittings. Drag went away. Amazing how much corrosion builds up without notice. Workout ride is much easier now.
You can probably make them last 2-3 times as long and working like new with regular lubing like we do with motorcycle cables.

Biggest thing is the saw through internal housing pinning. One trick is to put some grease on the cable before putting it in to housing.

I'm firmly in the "buy good teflon-coated cables and never lube them" category - for the SO's bike. My bike doesn't have cables :D

I'm firmly in the "buy good teflon-coated cables and never lube them" category - for the SO's bike. My bike doesn't have cables :D

Are you using the blue tooth electronic shift set up? I rode my buddies Stigmata that had that. I went from hater to convert in about 4 shifts. :laughing

Someday I will rock that set up.

It's not Bluetooth. It's some proprietary protocol SRAM came up with.
Still need the cables for braking.

Shimano Di2 has wires running through the bike, including to the seatpost battery.

Hydraulic brakes, zero cables.

rowing and biking lately. i try to switch it off.

Im not sure if i ever hit these numbers before but definitely havent since quarantine.

105 bench press and 145 squat. I was thinking about doing 115 bench but with no spotter I got nervous. Probably coulda done 150 but my legs were toast. Ill get there soon though.

Almost men Beau. You've gotta be an awesome dad!

Thanks Berto, never saw myself as a single dad raising boys but here I am, and it turns out it’s exactly what I was made to do.

Soundtrack: Massive Attack

30 minute row
Lat pull downs sets of 10-12 to failure: 13 sets @212lbs.
150 leg lifts/knee raises

3000 calories of whey protein, Mahi, beans, brown rice, quinoa, sorghum, peanut butter, almonds, walnuts, cranberries, blueberries, pumpkin seeds, oats, chicken, and Makuna honey.

Step-son, the gym rat, finally made it out for a ride. Had to work on his bike first.

And then, despite him having twenty-one years on me never once did I let him get past me. No blocking or cutting the line, did it on pure torque alone.

Being fit is entertaining.

Man, you guys are inspirational!

Light workout today.

GYM

7x10 - Bench Press
7x10 - Bodyweight Squat
2x10 - OH Shoulder Rotation w/Plate
3x200’ - Farmer Carry w/Plate
3x10 - Decline Cable X Over
3x10 - Upright Cable X Over
3x15 - Leg Extension
3x20 - Standing Calf Raise
4x10 - Hammer Curl

FOOD

• Multi Vitamin
• Zinc (for the ‘Rona)
• Bagel w/Butter (bad habit)
• McDonald’s 1/4 LBer w/Cheese, Med Fries & Med Coke (come at me, bitches :twofinger)
• Pre Workout
• 10 Gummy Bears
• Thai Curry Chicken & Rice

MACARONIS

P - 100
C - 362*
F - 82
CAL - 2583

*This is why my gut is a gut.

Last edited:
bet that mcdonalds was good and i have a weakness for sugar cinnamon butter bagels. :drool

35mins of cycling and some weights. my legs hurt.

Drinking so much sparkling water in lieu of alcohol and I need to get up 3x a night to pee lol

I think my face is already thinner.

I need to jump on this push-up trend. My shoulders and arms have thinned over the past couple of years. I kinda want that mass back. How to find the motivation...

Since COVID shut down and me ending my fitness gym membership and building my home gym, I've been missing one piece of equipment and I ordered one:

162565_1.jpg

I am a proud owner of a bubble butt and big legs. I'd use this thing every other workout for glutes and hamstrings, and haven't used it since - and I feel my bubble-butt waning. Stoked to add this to the garage gym. Guys always want upper body, but turn away from bubble-butt status.

Whenever I see people in the gym utilizing those, I always wonder if they're trying to develop their Glutes, hamstrings or lower back.

I doubt everybody gets it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back