• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 110lbs worth of weights at home. I maxed out my squats. Went to dicks and found 10lb rubber plates. No idea on the quality of ethos brand but they are a rare find so I bought them. Plus a 60lbs sand bag.

So I got Whoop bicep strap on Monday and tried it for my indoor cycling workouts yesterday and today. The HR later in work out is more stable then with wrist strap. Still reads 2-4 bpms low, but better then 10+.

You guys wear the Whoop while you sleep right? What's the lowest BPM you see regularly during sleep. I spoke with a cardiologist today. After reviewing my ZIO patch data he saw a 25 bpm low at 3:00am with an average sleep bpm around 40-45. the heart doc didn't seem concerned with either number. the 25 bpm surprised me.

8 mile hike on Sunday, skipped Monday's workout, did back / core yesterday.

6x10 wide grip lat pulldowns
5x8 close grip pulldowns
3x20 weighted decline situps
5x10 single arm row
5x10+10+10 superset standing upright row + overhead press + curls
3x20 back extension

You guys wear the Whoop while you sleep right? What's the lowest BPM you see regularly during sleep. I spoke with a cardiologist today. After reviewing my ZIO patch data he saw a 25 bpm low at 3:00am with an average sleep bpm around 40-45. the heart doc didn't seem concerned with either number. the 25 bpm surprised me.

Last night it dropped briefly to 57. Usual RHR is around 50.

Dropped to 57? typo?

I'm betting you are way more fit than I am. Maybe I need to up my knowledge about fitness in relation to Heart rate.

Err 47.
My understanding don't concentrate on a number, but more on a trend. To some extent RHR is personal. Yes fitness level can affect it, but it's still relative to a person.

Soundtrack: Gojira

30 minute row
1.5 hour hike at a leisurely pace, 1500ft. elevation, 4.6 miles
150 leg lifts and knee raises

2500 calories of whey protein, cranberries, grapes, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, spinach, milk, oats, and peanut butter.

Light day today, tomorrow is back to the hard grind.

Ive been borrowing gym equipment from my gym since March. When they went all virtual i paid 35$ a month. Mainly to continue to borrow the stuff i had but also help them out a bit (family owned independent owners)

Ive been slowly building up my home gym and have been seeing weights more often in stock so figure now might be the time to either buy the stuff off him or return it and build up my own.

I texted him today to ask about what he would sell the following for

35# bar
25# x2
15# x2
10# x2
53# kettle bell

He replies that I have inspired someone from my noon class who I use to work out with, because all the stuff has already been donated to me. The person wanted to stay anonymous. :wow :love

Heading home to see if I bought the right size wetsuit.. :laughing

Hope so. :teeth

Whenever I see people in the gym utilizing those, I always wonder if they're trying to develop their Glutes, hamstrings or lower back.

I doubt everybody gets it right.

Bros used to come up to me and bro-me-up how horrible it is for your lower back. And my response is 1) it’s not for your lower back and 2) get out of here with your flat ass :shame

I’ve been using my home-made “chi ishi” weight (that somehow came out to 12lbs exactly and it’s a game changer for sure. The offset of weight really engages different muscles from Bro-lifts (curls and presses) to more compound lifts (swings, manipulation and handling drills, torques and thrusts). It’s just 12lbs but it does get crazy heavy after some of these movements. You’re dealing with weight that’s offset and weird.

Attachments

• C9E53149-0FED-4193-8D98-F894DCC2A28D.jpg
    C9E53149-0FED-4193-8D98-F894DCC2A28D.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 30
One of those days... missed a meeting.. logged into another zoom late... left $40 cashback at Safeway self checkout... made a pre workout and took a sip and left it at home...

GYM
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER, 28 2020

7x15 - DB Military Press
5x10 - BB Military Press
5x10 - Cable Lateral Raise
5x10 - Cable Rear Delt
5x10 - Hammer Curl
1x10 - Calf Raise

FOOD[/B

• Multi Vitamin
• Zinc
• Bagel w/Butter
• Grapes
• Curry Prawns & Rice
• Pork Chop, Rice & 2 Eggs

MACROS

Garbage.

Edit:

TODAY'S INSPIRATION

Charles Fucking Bronson. Check out his pecs and arms and veins, Jesus!

.. I'd recommend The Mechanic - one of my favorite films.

Attachments

• Chuck.jpg
    Chuck.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Got my first geared up swim in.

60 laps / 300 UW punches. Took a bit longer than normal.
First time swimming in the dark too. With LED color changing party lights. Kind of a trip.

Downs:
1. Noted at first breathing was a bit harder. Could feel my heart pumping too. I did get used to it and was pretty much normal on lap 50 plus.
2. Takes longer to get ready and get undressed. Had to figure out the staging :laughing
3. I float more so swimming UW to begin each lap is not the same. I did let more water in the suit late in the swim and that helped.
4. UW punches (hooks) did not feel as effective at first. The buoyant thing. Upper cuts were fine or maybe a bit better.

Ups:
1. Stayed warm
2. Actually get a bit more distance out of each stroke.
3. Big leg kicks provide more resistance with the booties and buoyant means more force required on the down stroke because of characteristics of a wet suit.
4. Bought new goggles and they (clear vs tinted and 15 years newer :laughing) are 1000% better. Never fogged. Never had to take off or adjust.

I am sure by the time summer comes it will feel weird as hell not swimming with a wetsuit.

Feel good that I have a plan and winter is looking handled.

I am a proud owner of a bubble butt and big legs. I'd use this thing every other workout for glutes and hamstrings, and haven't used it since - and I feel my bubble-butt waning. Stoked to add this to the garage gym. Guys always want upper body, but turn away from bubble-butt status.

I JUST ordered one...it was the one thing missing too. Great minds...!

Ive been borrowing gym equipment from my gym since March. When they went all virtual i paid 35$ a month. Mainly to continue to borrow the stuff i had but also help them out a bit (family owned independent owners)

Wish you lived closer Kim. I've got an older crossover and preacher / flat bench I'd lend (give). It's unused as it was my parents equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back