• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
35min virtual bike ride up Mount Fuji

I attached a rope to my 65# sandbag, got in a push up position and alternated arms pulling it towards me. Then kneeled and added more weight and did that a bunch of times.

banded pull ups x 5
Bench press - 55lbs 65lbs 85lbs x10

Last edited:
I'll take you up on that! Was looking at other bikes, (like Ernie's,) but I am tall and none were gonna work lol.

It's not a performance bike but should be good for casual cycling. I have someone who took me up first but if they don't come today I'll let you know.

Last edited:
Really tough working out with a 4 month old and a gym that closes at 9pm.

My home setup is nice but it's hard to workout for what I feel is an adequate amount of time 60-90min. There's this pressure from the wife to get it done and that kills me. Might be in my head. Space also an issue with adjusting stuff etc

Been to my 24hr few times to lift with a mask. Wont do cardio masked up but lifting seems fine.

Signed up for an 8 week squat program through California Strength and their app. Damn is it detailed and kind of hard to follow. Never thought doing plank leg lifts and back extensions would help with a squat but these dudes at Cal Strength know their shit

Did day #1 last night. With warmup, and only 3 sets of 10 at 65% of my max squat, I lifted 4,000lbs+ total. Hoping by end of week 8 I'm a a 300lb backsquat. Honestly the isolated movements like one leg dead lifts and one leg hip thrusts are the killer, all those balancing muscles.

I do need to add some cardio and NEED to wake up and run or use the brand new rower I bought thats in the front room. Just weird rowing when wife is either on the couch next to me or in bed.

Last edited:
It's also about stress score.
The way I view it, lower recovery doesn't mean you can't go hard, but consistently pushing too hard on such dates will lead to sub optimal improvement.

Made the mistake of responding to a nut at the gym when he said hello. He took that as me wanting to listed to his conspiracies theories on any random topic that popped into his head. Dude didn’t shut up the whole time I’m doing my thing despite me totally ignoring him.
Had to finally go into the cardio room to escape which appears to be the kryptonite room to him.
Comes with the territory I suppose.

Made the mistake of responding to a nut at the gym when he said hello. He took that as me wanting to listed to his conspiracies theories on any random topic that popped into his head. Dude didn’t shut up the whole time I’m doing my thing despite me totally ignoring him.
Had to finally go into the cardio room to escape which appears to be the kryptonite room to him.

You sooo knew this was gonna happen ahead of time. Don't EVER give in to the urge to be social at the Swoll Factory...your story made me laugh!

Didn’t know he was a nut until a minute into the conversation. Thought it was a dude from a year ago. All fat white guys with goatees look the same to me, mistaken identity. Anyhow dude only likes exercises you can do sitting down, should be easy to avoid from here on in.

literally how every woman feels when approached at the gym.

Went home to swim. Did not feel jiggity about it so said fuck it. Went to work way early. Tired. Still sore so...

Went to my Hornitos and a beer. :Port
Swim tomorrow.

Attachments

• 8F31027E-970E-476E-830A-924822C74A55.jpg
    8F31027E-970E-476E-830A-924822C74A55.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 19
I only have beer on fridays for quite a few years.

Throwback stuff. 2 will do tonight.

:Port

literally how every woman feels when approached at the gym.
There was a guy at 24hr fitness in hilltop that chased away virtually every attractive woman in the gym. He would hit on every one and he was absolutely clueless. The women would just leave the gym and never come back.

He disappeared after a couple months of that...I think somebody had a 'talk' with him. Total loser, late 20 something who probably believed the saying that if you walk down the street and ask 100 women for a bj......

Did usual loop this weekend. With 5min all out effort. Effort felt like crap. On way back felt like crap. Overall tired, legs hurting.
According to whoop I have been in yellow recovery for last three days, below 50.
Interesting part is the 5min power was third highest of all time, and only 3w below all time high.

So the way I see it. Low recovery score doesn't necessary mean you can't perform for some duration, but it does kind of tell overall condition, and pushing consistently while in yellow results in decrease performance overall.

Got scammed into a 50 mile ride :)

---

I weighed 165 when I woke up and 160 when I got back, is it possible I lost 4-5 POUNDS of water? I ate 2 Lara bars, 2.5 bottles of water (one was half gatorade), and 3 sugar "Bloks".

Strava fed from the wahoo said I burned 2500 calories. Whoop says I burned 1893. My friend's power meter says he burned 1600 (He's smaller and fitter), but the last lady's said 700 which I feel is totally off.

Last edited:
Got in the weights today.... and did squats as well.

Good sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back