• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Tired AF but showed up...

GYM
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2020

5x15 - Lat Pull
8x10 - Bodyweight Squat
5x10-15 - Matrix Glute Trainer
5x10 - DB Lateral Raise
3x10 - OH Plate Rotation Thing
5x10 - DB Hammer Curl
5x10 - DB Forearm Ext
8x10-15 - BB Mil Press
5x15 - Crunch

FOOD

• Bagel w/Butter
• Grapes
• Lasagna, Vegan Meatballs, 1 Slice Ezekiel
• Gatorade
• 1/2 Serving Thai Chicken Curry & Rice

MACROS

:twofinger

31 mins on the rower. Tried to get to 9000 meters. I got to 8992 : |

65# front squat x10 for 3 rounds
25# Russian twists x20 for 2 rounds

I was freakin cooked, my heart rate peaked at 190. So that’s it for tonight.

Tired AF but showed up...

GYM

:twofinger

Respect to tired as fuck.
Thursday’s suck for me. Work / meetings are :loco

Today. Nada. :(

Sore as hell from yesterday so that makes it more acceptable to do shit.

So today officially ...... Did shit. :laughing

Friday work day ahead and the goal to do some shit.

San Francisco man writes off $20,000-$30,000 bicycle on first ride

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/11/what-its-like-to-write-off-a-20000-bike-on-the-first-ride/

I feel the same about someone who wrecks their $250,000 Ferrari on the first ride. Sucks, but seriously a rich person's problem.

the builder values his time a lot. retail is $14500 without the fancy paint job and he didnt pay retail. its $7500 for an Ultegra Di2 build, which is very reasonable for the top-tier frame.

heres the crash vid on his IG. the car at first acts like its going to pull out of the parking spot and continue straight. the cyclist slows down some. then very last minute, the driver flips the illegal u-turn. the guy had like 20ft to react to the u-turn. as motorcyclist, im sure we feel his pain :(
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHDy3_Ip4hJ/

Oh I empathize but the fact that he has a crazy expensive bike doesn't really make a difference. It's a very long article that would be a footnote in SFist if it wasn't a rare and expensive bicycle.

the builder values his time a lot. retail is $14500 without the fancy paint job and he didnt pay retail. its $7500 for an Ultegra Di2 build, which is very reasonable for the top-tier frame.

heres the crash vid on his IG. the car at first acts like its going to pull out of the parking spot and continue straight. the cyclist slows down some. then very last minute, the driver flips the illegal u-turn. the guy had like 20ft to react to the u-turn. as motorcyclist, im sure we feel his pain :(
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHDy3_Ip4hJ/

100% avoidable, based on the video. Incredibly stupid to try passing a car as it is pulling away from the curb.

Stared death in the face...

:laughing

This is how we've identified an average joe that rides a bicycle. An mc'er would be like, "hit a car. sucks. fucked up my bike. guess im not riding this weekend".

GYM
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2020

6x10-20 - Bench Press
2x10 - OH Tri Ext w/Plate
4x15 - Leg Ext
4x15 - Leg Press
4x15 - Calf Raise
3x10 - Cable X Over
3x10 - Decline Cable X Over

FOOD

• 2 Eggs, TJ Vegan Burger, 2 Slices Ezekiel
• 10 Gummy Bears
• Lamb & White Bean Stew & 2 Slices Fremch Bread w/Butter
• 3 Slices Safeway French Bread & Butter
• 1/2 Serving Thai Chicken Curry & Rice & 1C Peas
• Grapes

More to come...

MACROS

CAL - 1989
P - 100
C - 181
F - 96

TODAY'S INSPIRATION

Heath Goddamn Barkley, who can tilt a hat better than Derek Jeter. After face-punching bad guys in and around Stockton while going home to Farrah Fawcett every night, he became an astronaut, lost an arm and leg, then shifted careers into bounty hunting.

Attachments

• LeeMajors.jpg
    LeeMajors.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Wednesday night I got a few hours of the best cardio I've ever had, it's been really hard to motivate after that.

Soundtrack: AC/DC

20 minute row
40 minute run
14 sets of incline bench 190lbs. for 8's

3400 calories mostly consisting of whey protein, 1% milk, oats, cranberries, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, blueberries, spinach, chicken, bean chips, non-grain peanut butter pretzels, Makuna honey, peanut butter.

100% avoidable, based on the video. Incredibly stupid to try passing a car as it is pulling away from the curb.

absolutely. but he wouldnt have passed if the driver had pulled away into the lane like a normal person. so i can see why he didnt slow more.

ive had nearly the exact same incident happen to me on a moto - parked car, illegal u-turn, land on hood, etc. so i tend to slow far more than most for vehicles leaving parking spots.

Got Oura ring today. Will see how it compares to Whoop.
So far just setting up I am less impressed. Looks like there is no integration with TrainingPeaks, and no way to start work out. Just add it manually.

So I'm kind of tired today and a little sore, but I have a big cycle I am psyching myself up for. If I don't get in a big weekend ride regularly it will suck because I've not been riding after work due to darkness.

----

Did a fun comparison, Wahoo Elemnt Bolt top and Whoop bottom: Close enough

Last edited:
Just found a picture of when I had just turned 20. How easy it was to get into shape back then! This is what I strive for at my advanced age.

Attachments

• brett_20_shirtless_crop_autotone_800.jpg
    brett_20_shirtless_crop_autotone_800.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back