• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOME GYM
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2020

20-Minute Run & Wind Sprints

5x15 - DB Curl
5x10 - Squat Walk
5x10 - Prone Extension Thing(?)
5x10 - Jump Lunge
5x10 - DB Upright Row
5x10 - Leg Raise
5x20 - Bent Over Glute Thing(?)

FOOD

• Multi-Vitamin
• Zinc
• 3/4 Glazed Donut
• Breakfast Burrito
• Pre Workout
• 10 Gummy Bears
• Pro Shake
• Curry Chicken Drumstick & Thigh, Jasmine Rice and 1C Peas
• Milk Chocolate Covered Raisins P7 C129! F28

MACROS

Cal - 2319
Pro - 114
Carb - 231
Fat - 104

TODAY’S INSPIRATION

Mike Mentzer and his brother Ray. Mike got ripped off in the ‘80 Mr. Olympic when Arnold came out of retirement. Arnold won with bis and skeletal legs smaller than his last win in ‘75. I believe Mike quit competing after that.

Mike died at 49. Ray died 2 days later.

mentzer-brothers.jpg

Last edited:
Coming off a break

Light squats and deadlifts
Shoulder presses
Lat pulldowns

Mashed potatoes and other veggies
Toasted chicken sandwich
Lobster tail with 7 or 8 scallops
Bowl of ice cream

Could have done without the ice cream : |

Getting frustrated.

Yesterday session interrupted by life.
K. Dealt

Today three sets in same deal.
Doing the needful and that does not include working out I guess.

Hoping tomorrow is different.

Went over massive pot hole and need new tire. Made it to Trek bike shop on exposed tube poking out of tire.

My friend's tube blew as we pulled into the shop parking lot.

They set me up on a tubeless tire but used the tube for now.

Are your wheels actually tubeless compatible?

4 mile down, brogability after the fight

lunch:
chicken alfredo pasta from red lobster
2 coffee

dinner:
16oz ribeye steak
1 cup of rice
1 broccoli

leftover cals:
brogurt

Hmm super low recovery score today on Whoop. Same as last Sunday. From activity point of view I didn't push myself more then I usually do on Saturdays.
I had alcohol two days in a row, and on Saturday I had Sake. Will need to experiment to see if it's the alcohol or Sake specifically that tanks my recovery so badly.

WORKOUT
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2020

20-Minute Run & Windsprints

5x30 - Jumping Jacks
5x5 - One Arm Upright Row w/Plate
5x20 - DB Forearm Curl/Reverse Curl Combo
5x10 - DB Wrist Curl
5x10 - DB Reverse Wrist Curl
5x10 - DB Reverse Curl

FOOD

• 3 Eggs & 3 Slices Udi’s Gluten Free Whole Grain
• Nigerian Chicken Curry & Jasmine Rice & Coke
• Handful of Goddamn Chocolate Raisins

More to come...

MACROS

Cal - 1128
Pro - 50
Carb - 138
Fat - 42

Last edited:
Just did an hour of recovery tennis. Was good. Feel good today despite going to be at 3:00

Apparently drugs and alcohol are bad for you

Hmm super low recovery score today on Whoop. Same as last Sunday. From activity point of view I didn't push myself more then I usually do on Saturdays.
I had alcohol two days in a row, and on Saturday I had Sake. Will need to experiment to see if it's the alcohol or Sake specifically that tanks my recovery so badly.

weren't you a non-drinker not too long ago? lol welcome to the darkside. :laughing your heartrate changes dramatically when drinking and also your sleep, it's gonna throw off the calculations (assuming your score is based on some kind of watch/gadget). your recovery is fine even if you got wasted for a few days straight like i regularly do.

My friend saw my app and immediately ordered a whoop and I got a free month :)

I'm loving whoop but I find the recovery to be somewhat misleading as its solely based on HRV. I've had intense workout sessions that are mostly muscular and the next day I am sore as shit and it will say high recovery. Today it said low but I felt good enough to go play tennis and now combined with yesterday's cycle my legs are dead and sore.

Last edited:

#brofuckingmance

D-I-V-O-R-C-E
Turns out it's a great fat burner....

Soundtrack: Audioslave

20 minute row
Ran up Cuesta Ridge until I spit up my breakfast (walnuts, cranberries, spinach, egg whites).
14 sets lat pull downs, 225lbs. for 10's

Maybe 2000 calories (minus what I puked) whey protein, pecan pie, beef sirloin tips.

Last edited:
Lizard, do you maintain a consistent weight for all your sets? You have a lot of volume in your workouts.

AO, I lift on the light side to start and increase weight just a little bit. I’m trying to avoid injury with hopes to staying active when I really old.

Best wishes for tomorrow! :thumbup

Thank you.

Got it in.
Arms, shoulders and back.
Life provided a breather thank goodness.

Hooked up for lunch with a few HS classmates on the football bleachers and got a couple hours of vitamin D as well. :teeth

Settling in for some football.

weren't you a non-drinker not too long ago? lol welcome to the darkside. :laughing your heartrate changes dramatically when drinking and also your sleep, it's gonna throw off the calculations (assuming your score is based on some kind of watch/gadget). your recovery is fine even if you got wasted for a few days straight like i regularly do.

Umm, no?

Although granted during actual race season I rarely drink. This year been kind of exception.
Yeah drinking does affect sleep and recovery depending on a person. I had it for over a month and it only dropped to red twice.

Whoop calculates recovery score based on HRV, and some other factors.

i remember distinctly and specifically that you stated you don't drink because it interrupts your productivity and the brain fog haha. but sure, i'm just making things up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back