• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is best but I tried that and after 6 month said fuck it. Did not change much. So much easier to apply moderation with the Bars closed. :laughing

I also find it hard to get out for more than 1 bike ride a week but hopefully as work cools down I'll have more daytime time.

I have some great lights I just don't like riding at night.
I don't blame you, the Bay area isn't great for riding bikes. Down here where I live, they have some great support of riding bikes. I ride where half of my ride is in the dark but I'm not concerned.

WORKOUT
Wednesday, November 25, 2020

1-Mile Run (don't laugh, I'm old :laughing)

More to come...

FOOD

• 2 Eggs, 2 Sausage Patties & 2 Slices Whole Wheat
• Blueberry Cake Donut
• 2 Oranges
• 1/3 C Raw Pumpkin Seeds (P14 C5 F23)
• Pro Shake
• 2 Eggs, 2 Slices Bacon & 2 Slices Ezekiel Sesame

More to come...

MACROS

TBD

TODAY'S INSPIRATION

Mark Goddamn Spitz... Phelps has more gold but whatever, Spitz didn't wear a cap nor goggles... just look at that Goddamn 'stache!

His thick, sexy hair; his 'stache; and what appears to be a beaver in his armpit; probably cost him 2.4 seconds per 100 m!

spitz_a.jpg

2018-09-05-spitz-inside-02.jpg

Last edited:
The SO got me a Stages powermeter for my bday. Now I get to :nerd even more on bike rides!

Cool stuff and right up your ally, R!

Mark Goddamn Spitz... Phelps has more gold but whatever, Spitz didn't wear a cap nor goggles... just look at that Goddamn 'stache!

Make that mustache your inspiration. Shave, grow it as you do a 30-60 day program, then shave and start all over again!

4 mile run. brogability and pull ups.

lunch:
liter of water
2 coffee
proton bar
nature valley bar
4oz. honey dijon kettle chips

dinner:
2 cups of rice
16oz ribeye
1 broccoli

leftover cals:
brogurt

Audio: Fleetwood Mac "Tusk".
Fuel: Two cups coffee, one banana.
Analgesic: Gabapenten & poco medicinal (doc prescribed)
Gear: Cannondale hybrid crossing 6,000 miles.
Today: Twenty-five miles @ 04:00 in two hours.
Next Birthday: SEVENTY

I have no idea how I got past sixty years old. Each of my siblings and my father and his brother, and my grandfathers all died before age sixty-six. Most younger than that. Yet here I am thinking about doing a bike ride with the theme of a mile for each year of my life on my next birthday.

Anyway, GRINS!

WORKOUT
Thanksgiving 2020

1-Mile Run & Wind Sprints

5x10-15 - DB Lateral Raise
5x10 - Jump Squat
5x15 - Push Up
5x10 - Vee Up
3x15 - DB Face Pull
3x15 - DB Shoulder Press
3x10 - Bodyweight Squat

FOOD

• Multi-Vitamin
• Zinc
• Orange
• 2 Eggs, 3 Chicken Sausages, 3 Slice Bacon & 2 Slices Ezekiel Sesame
• 1/4 C Pumpkin Seeds
• 10 Gummy Bears
• Orange & Blueberry
• Prime Rib, Mac n Cheese, Salad, Stuffing, Lemon Meringue Pie, Apple Pie, Macaron, Chocolate Bread, Chocolate Raisins and God knows what else..
• Whisky, Licor de Cafe & Red Wine

MACROS

Most likely hideous AF.

Last edited:
4 mile run down, brogability slowly going

lunch:
2 proton bars
1 liter of water
some pringles

dinner:
2 cups of rice
20oz ribeye
1 broccoli

leftover cals:
brogurt

Did a fun ride with my SO and a friend yesterday. She hadn't exercised for the past month so we took it easy.

Using the powermeter for the first time was cool, especially when comparing to my friend. He has a different brand and has been using it for over a year now. Heres an example:

Hard effort up a 0.75mi / 300ft climb
|My #s|His #s|Power Difference
Power|233w|284w|51w
Weight|137lbs|165lbs|46w
Wheel/Tire|32C slicks|40C slicks|~10w
Time|5:21|6:04|13% ??

Im not sold on the accuracy of either power meters yet. There were other times where he was drafting me and pushing 30% more watts :wtf. But its fun to think about it all. And of course, both power meters are very repeatable. So I can always compare my numbers to my numbers :laughing.

1MnE0v4.jpg

6k1FCSc.jpg

yh7x0nT.jpg

WORKOUT
BLACK FRIDAY

1-Mile Run & Windsprints

More to come...

FOOD

• Orange
• 2 Eggs, 2 Sausage Patties, 2 Slices Goddamn Bacon & 2 Slices Ezekiel Sesame

More to come...

MACROS

Unknown...

Different riders with different bikes, aero, weight, gear, etc will push different watts at the same speed, no?

Yep, within reason. I should be able to account for most or all of the differences, especially as things get simpler up hill at lower speeds. But I feel like I'm missing 20w somewhere. :nerd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back