• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GYM
Thursday ~ May 20, 2021

15-Min Treadmill
5x10 - Cable Tri Press Down
5x6-10 - Curling Bar
5x10 - Bodyweight Squat
3x6 - OH 360 Shldr Rotation w/Plate
3x8 - OH Tri Ext w/Plate
3x5 - Mil Press w/Plate
1x30 - BB Mil Press Super Lizards™℠®©
3x10 - BB Mil Press
3x5 - Snatch
5x10 - Leg Press
5x12 - Calf Raise
5x10 - Leg Ext
2x8 - Straight Arm Pull Down

I was curious about how much weight I push, pull, lift during a workout so I calc’ed it.

Total Weight Lifted: 31,190 LBS (reps x sets x weight)

SUPER LIZARDS™℠®©

Light weight, high reps, strict form and speed to build power:

giphy.gif

FOOD

• BK Sausage Croissanwich
• Banana
• Pro Shake
• Vegan Meatballs & Peas
• Kippered Herring & 2 Slices Ezekiel CAL:490 P:48 C:30 F:20
• Pre Workout
• 10 Haribo** Gummy Bears*
• Post Workout
• Beer & Pizza

*Why I eat gummy bears after workout:
https://advancedbodymetrics.com/nutrition/dextrose-one-best-post-workout-sugars-recovery/
** Not all gummy bears have dextrose; hence I buy Haribo brand. Gots to check ingredients.

MACROS

Carby :twofinger

Last edited:
When you guys are doing these straight sets are you working up to it or are they at your working weights?

I normally do some cardio first then I do about 2 or 3 low weight warm up sets for each muscle group before doing my heavier sets. So like for chest I do a few flat bench press warm ups but then I don't do it again before incline or butterfly because that area has already been warmed up. I don't really warm up for tris either because I bench first so it has already been hit as a secondary muscle.

I've been using 3 lb weights (don't laugh) for one of my 45 min. cardio classes during the week. I used to be only able to do 2-3 songs. I can now do every other song, and sometimes more. Going to work on making my movements more full, controlled, and faster. Right now things are half-time of what my legs are doing, the motion is partial (and gets tighter as I tire), and I rely on momentum too much. I notice my shoulders are getting less fussy the day after my workouts, so that's good! Visually, I can't say that I notice a difference in the way my arms look. I'm getting older, and I'm pretty slim, so I'm a little "sinewy" looking. Not sure how to avoid that. Is there a diet that just puts a nice layer of soft on the arms and bust only? :laughing

Did my weekly training session:
- Flat bench
- Dead lifts
- V sit
- One arm to leg ab exercise
- Pullup(s)
- Shoulder press

Doing another 50+ mile ride tomorrow I hope I perform better this week

I guess it's not so embarrassing if you think about it as a percentage of body weight, which is about 5% for me. The instructor, who's barely 5', is built like a brick outhouse. She is tossing around the 3 lb weights like nothing. She can work out with 6 lb weights.

It's kinda cool to see how much power can be in a small frame. And it's a humbling reminder how powerful some of these big guys can be. We do these punch moves with the weights, and I can really feel how much more force is there with the weights. I can't imagine having some big bones, large muscles, and even more weight behind one of those punches. I'm guessing even I could inflict some serious damage/death to a person with a weight in my hand, so a large guy could surely kill with a well-placed punch. It brings some reality to action movies where guys get up up after a massive slam to the face.

I find with these types of workouts even I need to drop to low weights to be able to do the same exercise again and again and again. I can certainly push or lift a lot more weight than some ladies in these classes but rheh have more endurance.

I've been using 3 lb weights (don't laugh) for one of my 45 min. cardio classes during the week. I used to be only able to do 2-3 songs. I can now do every other song, and sometimes more. Going to work on making my movements more full, controlled, and faster. Right now things are half-time of what my legs are doing, the motion is partial (and gets tighter as I tire), and I rely on momentum too much. I notice my shoulders are getting less fussy the day after my workouts, so that's good! Visually, I can't say that I notice a difference in the way my arms look. I'm getting older, and I'm pretty slim, so I'm a little "sinewy" looking. Not sure how to avoid that. Is there a diet that just puts a nice layer of soft on the arms and bust only? :laughing

Hey any exercise is good exercise even if you think it is low weight. Sometimes for cardio I punch the heavy bag with 16oz gloves and I can only do it for about 60 to 90 seconds at a time if I am swinging fast that shit is tiring so doing it with 3lb weights is impressive to me.

If you are not trying to bulk up then your arms won't get big fast but you will get stronger and more toned looking it really depends on what you are looking for when you exercise. I am trying to get bigger so I do a lot of near max weights to get that bulk.

If you ever come across a diet that it body area specific let me know I could use it to trim my stomach......

Hey any exercise is good exercise even if you think it is low weight. Sometimes for cardio I punch the heavy bag with 16oz gloves and I can only do it for about 60 to 90 seconds at a time if I am swinging fast that shit is tiring so doing it with 3lb weights is impressive to me.

If you are not trying to bulk up then your arms won't get big fast but you will get stronger and more toned looking it really depends on what you are looking for when you exercise. I am trying to get bigger so I do a lot of near max weights to get that bulk.

If you ever come across a diet that it body area specific let me know I could use it to trim my stomach......

I can only tell you how to put weight on your butt and thighs. :laughing

I thought my chance of a six pack were long gone but over COVID I dropped 10 lbs added muscle improved cardio...with the proper diet I'd say a 4 pack would be possible..briefly.

GYM
FRIDAY ~ MAY 21

15-Min Shoot Hoops to Warm Up Shoulders
4x10 - BB Mil Press
6x6-10 - DB Shldr Press (back to pre-Covid strength)
5x10 - Cable Face Pull
6x10 - DB Lateral Raise
5x10 - Cable Rear Delt
3x8 - DB Incline Facedown Rear Delt

FOOD

• 3 Eggs & Baguette
• Pre Workout
• 10 Gummy Bears
• Post Workout
• Nigiri
• French Potato Salad
• Duck Banh Mi & Sweet Potato Fries
• Glass of Whisky

MACROS

Don’t ask. Don’t tell.

COVID RAMIFICATIONS

I got fat, slow, weak and hideous because of that asshole-Wuhan-bat-eater but my shoulder healed and now I am pain free :love

Last edited:
I got shingles and now have neuropathy, two months off from training has left me all pillsberry doughboy.... back in the gym and on the trails again despite the mind-numbing constant pain.

I'd say FML but really, I can live through this.

brah...that sucks to read. But, you'll make it back soon. Extended breaks suck, but they're also beneficial for long term recovery. I just rediscovered this with my broke paw...been back a week now and I'm over a few humps with a new routine. Same for you, I'm hoping.

Are you still working out at home?

Visually, I can't say that I notice a difference in the way my arms look. I'm getting older, and I'm pretty slim, so I'm a little "sinewy" looking. Not sure how to avoid that. Is there a diet that just puts a nice layer of soft on the arms and bust only? :laughing

This stuff takes time, H. Take pics of yourself and review as you progress. They're inspiring and motivating. Easy answer for a little bulk/ density: post workout protein. Morning and post workout is best. Orgain is great (pea protein). I'd start there...it's an easy diet mod that is effective. IME.

GYM
SAT ~ MAY 22

15-Min Treadmill
10-Min Shoot Hoops
3x10 - DB Romanian Dead Lift
6x10 - DB Hammer Curls
3x12 - DB Reverse Curls
1x20 - DB Reverse Super Lizard™℠®© Curls
5x12 - Leg Press
1x20 - Calf Raise
5x10 - Leg Ext

FOOD

• 2 Kiwi
• 1/2 C Pumpkin Seeds
• 2 Eggs, Turkey Burger (P25 C0 F14) & Slice Ezekiel
• Pre Workout
• 10 Gummy Bears
• Pro Shake
• 1/2 Chile Verde Burrito
• Persian Chicken Curry & Basmati Rice
• 3 Tequila Frescas

MACROS

?

Last edited:
Ok! Went to Woodside, did a 5 mile climb, did pretty good. Then we did a SEVEN mile downhill that was frickin' freezing, like fingers numb, gripping brakes the entire time, etc. Get to the bottom, turned around and cycled 7 miles up...that part was awesome! Then we went for lunch.

So while we covered over 22 "miles" in reality we just cycled 5 + 7 uphill since bombing downhill doesn't really count as exercise.

Also this time I ate a frickin' cup of oatmeal before instead of half a cup.

Last edited:
Ok! Went to Woodside, did a 5 mile climb, did pretty good. Then we did a SEVEN mile downhill that was frickin' freezing, like fingers numb, gripping brakes the entire time, etc. Get to the bottom, turned around and cycled 7 miles up...that part was awesome! Then we went for lunch.

So while we covered over 22 "miles" in reality we just cycled 5 + 7 uphill since bombing downhill doesn't really count as exercise.

Also this time I ate a frickin' cup of oatmeal before instead of half a cup.

Props to you for climbing. I’m not shy to admit I’m a flatlander.

Myn Yunmai digital scale broke so I checked on how long I've had it...5 years...$10 / year...ok I got my value's worth.

Ordered the same one because the app tracks my progress and don't want to lose 5 years of data.

GYM
SUNDAY ~ MAY 24

Ever had one of those where you felt tired and weak?

15-Min Shoot Hoops to Warm Up Shoulders
5-Min Treadmill (yes, 5 minutes, not a typo)
3x10 - Straight Arm Pull Down
3x10 - Hanging Leg Raise
3x5 - Ab Roll Out (yes, 5 reps, not a typo)
20-Min Shoulder Stretching Various Exercises (you know them all)

FOOD

• 1/4 C Pumpkin Seeds
• 2 Eggs, Bacon & 2 Slices Wheat Toast
• 1/2 Donut
• Portuguese Egg Tart
• Pre Workout
• 10 Gummy Bears
• Post Workout
• 1/4 C Peanuts
• Viet Beef Stew & Rice
• Handful of Chocolate Raisins

I think I need more fruit and vegetables.

MACROS

:wtf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back