• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GYN
friday ~ june 4, 2021

Quick workout...

15-Min Hoops Shootaround to Warm Up Shldrs
6x10 - DB Shldr Press
6x10 - DB Lateral Raise
1x30 - BB Mil Press Super Lizards™℠®©
5x10 - Leg Ext
5x10 - Leg Press

FOOD

No bueno...

• Bagel
• Banana
• Cashews
• Pre Workout
• 10 Gummy Bears
• Post Workout
• Potato Chips
• 1 Chocolate
• Broccoli
• Chicken & Potato Salad

MACROS

JESUS F~!

Last edited:
Protein?

Shakes are not wonder food they're just an easy way to get in protein.

Seems like a better carb up food than recovery food. Careful, they're radioactive ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_equivalent_dose

:thumbup

On a side note guys, getting an extremely heavy ammonia smell after running. Could wake up a knocked out boxer it reeks so bad. Quick Google says it's a lack of carbs, which may or may not be the case I've never really monitored my diet. Has anyone come across this before?

On a side note guys, getting an extremely heavy ammonia smell after running. Could wake up a knocked out boxer it reeks so bad. Quick Google says it's a lack of carbs, which may or may not be the case I've never really monitored my diet. Has anyone come across this before?

What do you do to energy up before cardio?

Hmm I have kind of noticed this myself after sweating a lot but I don't regulate my diet that strictly yet so it shouldn't be a lack of carbs for me... lots of pasta and rice....maybe complex carbs are needed?

Getting back on the horse again tonight after a week's layoff due to a bout of bronchitis.

I've heard that ketosis can cause people to smell like ammonia. The few people that I know that went full keto did not experience that.

I upped my climbing last week. I have this running joke that I only send 5 climbs in a session after I warm up. For a while, that meant 5 climbs of V3+. I've upped it to 5 of V4+. So my last gym session on Thurs was 2x V4, 1x V5, and 2x V6. Then friends gave me a hard time until I did one more V4 at the end. It helped that the set was new and the group I was climbing with was large and hyped. That was a great workout.

Then on Friday, I had a freelance gig to set some top ropes at a "home wall". The owner of a food company bought a premade climbing wall and installed it in their warehouse for the employees. It's 28' tall with 3 auto belays, kinda like one of those walls you see at fairs. It came with some jugs and some medium edges. I set a 5.10a, 5.8, and 5.7. The friend that invited me set a 5.9, 5.10b, and 5.11a. I haven't set on a rope in a decade and of course we had to forerun (test) it all, so that was another good workout. And it was fun to get paid to set again. The owner plans to buy more holds so we'll be back.

Hard starting again after a break although the outcome of doing nothing is a lot worse

I feel for you. I just started back from a 2 month break due to my hand break. It SUCKS. You, me, Beau, Mike...so far.

Can anyone recommend some adjustable DBs that go up to 50 minimum? Not sure I’d want something too bulky, or if I need much beyond 50 for this set.

I have an Ironmaster set that goes up to 120 but it’s a PITA to change weight, have to unscrew the cap and take on/off plates. I’ll plan to use these as little as possible.

I have the powerblock 24s (gf’s) and they work fine…maybe just get the 50 pounders…?

1/2 Marathon Training

It was a rough week training wise. I had to do some traveling up north and missed a few days worth of workouts. :(

On a good note, there are some live races scheduled this fall so I can finally sign up and have a real goal. :thumbup

Distance:
7.90 mi
Time:
1:52:04
Calories:
1,094 C

I am starting to dial in my diet in with this new motivation so...win win.

As of right now the pools are still closed to visiting members so I am starting to incorporate weight lifting for the upper body. Nothing like you guys but just some basic large muscle group work outs to start with. Back, Chest/shoulders, and arms with a single exercise for each muscle group.

GYM
monday ~ june 7

30-Min Hoop Shoot Around
5x10 - BB Military
6x3-10 - DB Military
1x20 - BB Military Super Lizards™℠®©

FOOD

• McD Sausage Egg McVomit
• Quiche
• Meat, Rice & Zucchini
• Chocolate Raisins
• 2 Fresca Tequilas
• Pre Workout
• 10 Gummy Bears

MACROS

Hideous.

Last night was pretty good. Almost getting back to where I was pre-shoulder surgery/Covid.

4x10 flat bench
4x10 incline bench
4x10 butterfly machine
4x10 cable cross for lower chest
4x10 tricep rope pulldowns
4 sets to burnout 3 second negative rep tricep pulldowns
3x 10 skullcrushers

Can anyone recommend some adjustable DBs that go up to 50 minimum? Not sure I’d want something too bulky, or if I need much beyond 50 for this set.

I have an Ironmaster set that goes up to 120 but it’s a PITA to change weight, have to unscrew the cap and take on/off plates. I’ll plan to use these as little as possible.

I have the powerblock 24s (gf’s) and they work fine…maybe just get the 50 pounders…?

Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbell

They go from like 5 to 52.5 lbs I like them a lot

I have the bowflex as well, they’re pretty universal in the type of exercises you can use them for. Only downside is that you cant drop them like you would rubber dumbbells after a heavy set.

Last edited:
I would also recommend replacing them carefully in the caddie, I have jammed them before and had to bounch them around to fix it.

Also all the rubber feet on the bottom of the caddie fell off within a few months.

I find to move them it's easier to dial the weights up to like 35-40 and move them first because it's easy to grip a weight, to move the whole set you need to squat pick it up carefully to avoid back injury.

WORKOUT
wed ~ june 9

15-Minute Run

FOOD

• Bagel & Cream Cheese
• Strawberries
• 1 Slice Ezekiel, Peanut Butter & Jam
• Pre Workout
• Nihari, Rice & Naan

MACROS

Garbage.

Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbell

They go from like 5 to 52.5 lbs I like them a lot

Thanks but I already ordered the powerblocks. The pro set that goes up to 90, and another basic set that goes to 50. I currently have an iron master set that I’m SICK of changing the weight on. Now, I’ll have 4 sets of DBs at my disposal (gf has the 24# powerblocks).

Can’t wait for my workouts to go smoother/efficient.

West auctions is liquidating an entire gym tomorrow. Auction closes at 10AM...they have EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back