• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't done any running since early Feb. I started again on Monday.

LOL @ slow and fat Yeah, I know...need to get that heart rate up. I'll get there...

g2QRPi.png

So last nights workout....

3x12 Arnold press
3x12 wide grip rows to work rear delts
3x12 smith machine seated shoulder press
3x12 reverse grip lat pull downs
3x12 supine grip bent over rows
3x12 smith machine shoulder shrugs
3x12 dumbbell shrugs
3x12 dumbbell good mornings

I’ve worked out this week but was too lazy to post. Here’s tonight’s workout:

GYM
fri - sep 17

20-Min Dribble & Shoots Hoops (shldr warm up)
5x10 - Curling Bar Curls
5x10 - Lateral Raise with 10-Lb Plates
5x10 - Bodyweight Squat
5x10 - Cable Face Pull
5x10 - Leg Press
5x10 - Calf Raise

FOOD

• Breakfast Burrito
• Pre Workout
• 8 Gummy Bears
• Post Workout

More coming..

MACROS

Horrid.

Dan, how long does that workout take?

Dan, how long does that workout take?

Excluding the warm up on the basketball court, it takes 30 minutes or less. It goes quick because I superset and rest 30 seconds between sets.

As some may know, Contra Costa County is requiring vax proof starting Sept. 22 for restaurants, bars and gyms.

Last edited:
My new home workout routine. Workout 3 days a week or every other day. Supersetting when possible. 7-12 reps. Don’t think I’ll need to join the gym anytime soon. Very happy with this routine for now….

A
Hip thrusts
DB bench
Dips
Chinups
Calves
SLDLs
DB side raises

B
DB split squats
DB shoulder
DB rows
Calves
Biceps
Triceps

Excluding the warm up on the basketball court, it takes 30 minutes or less. It goes quick because I superset and rest 30 seconds between sets.

As some may know, Contra Costa County is requiring vax proof starting Sept. 22 for restaurants, bars and gyms.

I love the small amount of rest in your workout. Beats wasted time and builds better, IMO. More real world training.

You're in CoCo county?

I love the small amount of rest in your workout. Beats wasted time and builds better, IMO. More real world training.

You're in CoCo county?

Yep. I live in Danville. Clubsport that I go to is in San Ramon.

With the vax restrictions starting Sept. 22, I’m going to take some time off from lifting to let my body heal - patellar tendonitis in both knees and bicep tendon in one shoulder. I’ll stay active doing other things - power walks, yoga, etc.

Really need to work on my diet.

Fridays Workout
3x12 dumbbell curls
3x12 skull crushers
3x12 olympic bar wide grip curls
3x12 preacher curls
3x12 high cable curls
3x12 tricep rope pushdowns
3x12 behind the head triceps extensions

GYM
Monday ~ September 20

Light workout…

20-Min Dribble on BB Court (shldr warm up)
3x10 - BB Mil Press
3x10 - Cable Rear Delt Flye
2x10 - Cable Rear Delt Flye Incline
3x10 - DB Curl
3x10 - Leg Ext
1x10 - Left Leg Ext (weaker / smaller leg)
3x10 - Leg Press
1x10 - Left Leg Press (weaker / smaller leg)
3x10 - Calf Raise
1x10 - Calf Raise (weaker / smaller leg)
3x10 - BB Wrist Curl
3x10 - BB Reverse Wrist Curl
3x10 - Bodyweight Squat

FOOD

• Bagel & Cream Cheese
• Doritos :twofinger
• Pineapple
• Pre Workout (Reign)
• Poke Bowl
• 1/2 Slice Cake

MACROS

Not tonight, Satan!

TONIGHT’S INSPIRATION

I’ve always been impressed by divers. Nur Dhabitah Sabri of Malaysia (cute feet :love):

Nur_Dhabitah_Sabri_1627717538.jpg

Last edited:
Monday workout
3x12 flat bench press broke my personal best by 5 pounds. been at that plateau for 2 years due to surgery and Covid. :banana
3x12 incline bench press
3x12 iron cross cable crossover
3x12 single arm cable crossover to work inner chest
3x12 machine squats
3x12 leg curls
3x12 calf raises

My buddy signed up for his first triathlon. So I've been enlisted to take him on bike rides for training. Last weekend was his longest ride ever. And all the running and swimming training has really helped his cycling fitness. His recovery is MUCH faster than it used to be. Next weekend we are driving up to Orange County to do the 25mi triathlon ride twice. Interestingly, the course has almost no flat. Its two 700ft climbs, so it should be fun.

rZ5LnO3.jpg

Ive been climbing again and doing more mace work. So here are two grossly oversized gifs :laughing
Ga8ZNlN.mp4

d1zpZfW.mp4

My buddy signed up for his first triathlon. So I've been enlisted to take him on bike rides for training. Last weekend was his longest ride ever. And all the running and swimming training has really helped his cycling fitness. His recovery is MUCH faster than it used to be. ]

Man when I was younger I used to ride to my friends house and it was about 9 miles each way. I did that most of the summer about 4 or 5 times a week on a mountain bike 10 speed. I swear that helped my running endurance so much I could run for days. I even joined cross country but those fools were built way differently than me so I was never really as good.

I love how lifting weights helps regulate body composition. It’s phenomenal. It means I can eat my milk and cookies with no regrets. It‘a too bad more people aren’t into lifting, because of the numerous health benefits. Ever see “senior citizens” with some muscle and somewhat lean? So awesome.

I’m enjoying just lifting and eating just so-so. Minimal effort for good enough results.

I love how lifting weights helps regulate body composition. It’s phenomenal. It means I can eat my milk and cookies with no regrets. It‘a too bad more people aren’t into lifting, because of the numerous health benefits. Ever see “senior citizens” with some muscle and somewhat lean? So awesome.

I’m enjoying just lifting and eating just so-so. Minimal effort for good enough results.

Dude, I am SOOOO with you Mike! I don't get why more women don't take up weight/ resistance training for life time trimming.

I added a Marpo rope trainer to my gym and use it for a 2 minute furious work session in between my set shifts and it's changed the dynamics of my (resting) heart rate in one week alone. I used to hate these things, but winning a cheap bid on this one turned out to be a godsend.

My buddy signed up for his first triathlon. So I've been enlisted to take him on bike rides for training. Last weekend was his longest ride ever. And all the running and swimming training has really helped his cycling fitness. His recovery is MUCH faster than it used to be. Next weekend we are driving up to Orange County to do the 25mi triathlon ride twice. Interestingly, the course has almost no flat. Its two 700ft climbs, so it should be fun.

d1zpZfW.mp4

Which Tri?

I'm strongly considering doing Alcatraz again next year. If he gets a couple under his belt he should apply.

Great Ride Btw. :thumbup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back