• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Thanks to the ‘rona, I spent a lot of time drinking with sister during 2020-21. And funny how that increased my liquor tolerance. There was nothing else to do during lockdown! Not braggin’ just sharing notes.

Was thinking about what you've been up to the last 6 months or so, Dan. Good to see you back in the shit with us all. I'm jealous of your trips...!

Lizard bruh, I hope you checked to see if the goods as advertised. :laughing

So the Adam’s Apple is no longer a “verifier thing.” Suggest reaching down and finding the man in the boat.

Hahaha! Even Crocodile Dundee couldn't tell...

Was thinking about what you've been up to the last 6 months or so, Dan. Good to see you back in the shit with us all. I'm jealous of your trips...!

I never stop lurking and very much inspired by you and others in this thread!

Still lifting weights, my cardio is bad, haven't cycled in months. Need to get back on the bike.

Weight is incredibly stable at a lean 166. I keep getting stronger but not gaining any mass due to my diet.

FInally seem to be making some pullup gains :)

Still lifting weights, my cardio is bad, haven't cycled in months. Need to get back on the bike.

Weight is incredibly stable at a lean 166. I keep getting stronger but not gaining any mass due to my diet.

I thought you were back in the couples cardio routine? :thumbup

I’ve been cycling very often, strenuously and for fun at the same time, including getting food, instead of a car, etc.

How many pull-ups, how is gain measured? Count?
—-

Need to get some ideas on bulking up on arms, forearms and shoulders.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm able to do progressively more over time. My standard MO is to use no band for standard chin-ups (due to bicep help I can do more), and then an assist band for neutral or palms forward ones.

----

For forearms, you can place your forearm up or down on a bench and use a small dumbell to work the inner and outter forearm. I don't work them out specifically because just lifting weighs has made my grip and forearms pretty strong.

I’ve been cycling very often, strenuously and for fun at the same time, including getting food, instead of a car, etc.

How many pull-ups, how is gain measured? Count?
—-

Need to get some ideas on bulking up on arms, forearms and shoulders.

Check out Athlean-X youtube channel. The guy's got a great resume and his workouts are legit. Geared towards strength/ mass with corrective measures for longevity/ balancing a body. Great stuff, IMO...and free.

Check out Athlean-X youtube channel. The guy's got a great resume and his workouts are legit. Geared towards strength/ mass with corrective measures for longevity/ balancing a body. Great stuff, IMO...and free.

Yup I was just looking at his channel a few weeks ago and am going to switch to some of his routines this week to see what happens and mix it up.

Got to do the thing yesterday with a buddy this time. Great to have family and friends at the finish line.

Attachments

• 0A543773-A206-4170-AED4-9F336D3F657D.jpg
    0A543773-A206-4170-AED4-9F336D3F657D.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 4D2ED7A1-8984-4D9B-8B49-E2E100E66984.jpg
    4D2ED7A1-8984-4D9B-8B49-E2E100E66984.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 2AEF50FA-5E85-46DC-BDFB-37808EECD9B9.jpg
    2AEF50FA-5E85-46DC-BDFB-37808EECD9B9.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Yup I was just looking at his channel a few weeks ago and am going to switch to some of his routines this week to see what happens and mix it up.

....great minds (or something).

Got to do the thing yesterday with a buddy this time. Great to have family and friends at the finish line.

That's awesome Mike! I admire people who do things I can't do...and that's one thing I CAN'T do. Impressed with you, I yam!

I know we have talked about this before but does anyone have a favorite electrolyte powder they use that doesn't have as much sugar as Gatorade? Looking for something for those hot summer days out in the yard.

Even though this weeks sucks because it is basically a beautiful week with temps in the low 80s, light winds and no humidity and I am stuck inside working all day.

Gatorade is 140Cal / 20oz
Skratch is 80Cal in 16oz water
Tailwind is 100Cal in a 20oz water
Nuun is 15Cal / tablet

Nuun and Tailwind are ~$0.80/serving. Skratch is $1.10/serving. Gatorade is ~$1/serving depending on grocery store sales.

Last edited:
I've got COVID and damn I am itching to exercise. Instead I'm reminiscing about some recent rides.

Here's a fun one from my vacation earlier this month. This is one the highest peaks in the main area of Yellowstone NP. There's a parking lot at 8700ft and a forest service road up to the tower at the top that people generally hike, not ride. I was pissed off from driving so much in Yellowstone, so I found this ride and decided to attack it. It was rocky AF and very challenging on my gravel bike - probably the hardest 6mi ride I have ever done. But I made it and now have one of the fastest times up that road :laughing. I regret walking for a tiny bit, but that elevation and gradient was TOUGH. Most of the hikers are saw were in awe that I was riding it and cheered me on, which definitely helped.

N3UaYuE.jpg

iyJnYKC.jpg

Last edited:
I know we have talked about this before but does anyone have a favorite electrolyte powder they use that doesn't have as much sugar as Gatorade? Looking for something for those hot summer days out in the yard.

My GoTo used to be coconut water. Now it's Liquid IV. On a Costco sale, it's pretty cheap and it works way good.

Even though this weeks sucks because it is basically a beautiful week with temps in the low 80s, light winds and no humidity and I am stuck inside working all day.
I like Dr Price's electrolyte mix, only 5 calories, 200 mg of Sodium and 330 mg of Potassium. My son has used it for track extensively and I've found if I'm cramping up 2 packs will clear it up in about 20 seconds.

It comes in both individual packets and a tub of 90 servings. Available on Amazon.

I'm a big fan of Nuum just for the convenience. Also like the Ultima stuff ttps://www.ultimareplenisher.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back